250 plus and 255 plus 2.5 inch jug

Dam strong Joe!

wow that's a really good lift! looks like you have another 10-20lbs in the tank.

7 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

wow that's a really good lift! looks like you have another 10-20lbs in the tank.

Yea Tanner it felt like it. I had done a lot of sets before this and did not want to overdo it. Called it quits. Thanks bro! 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Climber028 said:

Crazy, can't wait to see what you can do at Kings

Dude this is only my second jug workout since July. I’m anxious to see what’s gonna happen in over a month. 275?? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude this is only my second jug workout since July. I’m anxious to see what’s gonna happen in over a month. 275?? 🤔

Why are you training it so infrequently? Not that I am doing anything correct, but I train all contested implements twice a week in the months leading up to a contest. This month I have been sleeping 4-6 hours a night (night shift probs) so the high volume has been beating my ass 

1 minute ago, Boulderbrew said:

Why are you training it so infrequently? Not that I am doing anything correct, but I train all contested implements twice a week in the months leading up to a contest. This month I have been sleeping 4-6 hours a night (night shift probs) so the high volume has been beating my ass 

I only started KK training last week because I was training for that Canada comp I did 2 weeks ago.

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I only started KK training last week because I was training for that Canada comp I did 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Boulderbrew said:

I train everything only once a week anyway. I don’t need to train very often for results. Max 2-3 sessions a week hitting everything once. I make the most gains on quick and high intensity sessions with a lot of rest and food. 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Ahh thats right! and word has it you did okay up there 😉

5 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Ahh thats right! and word has it you did okay up there 😉

Haha yes. I was sick as balls too man! The room was spinning and I was in the bathroom every 5 minutes. Don’t know how I pulled it off.

That is awesome and very high pulling on that jug big Joe- great job💪

Great job 💪 275lbs going up for sure at KK to 6 inches. 

I'm trying to be careful with how much I train the Jug since it really fatigues my grip. I'm not getting that much better placing at the Jug anyway even if I improved a lot. So I'm better off focusing on Crusher which is my weakest link. 

I'm currently training grip 3 days on 1 day off, and taking extra day off if I need to. I believe that grip is alot about motor learning, or atleast the smaller implements. So I'm trying to keep my training high frequency. 

Edited by Mywor

8 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks bro. I also got 172 x 3 on the 2.5 crusher tonight 

Not bad, I did 81.5 kg *6 strict reps

2 hours ago, Mywor said:

Great job 💪 275lbs going up for sure at KK to 6 inches. 

I'm trying to be careful with how much I train the Jug since it really fatigues my grip. I'm not getting that much better placing at the Jug anyway even if I improved a lot. So I'm better off focusing on Crusher which is my weakest link. 

I'm currently training grip 3 days on 1 day off, and taking extra day off if I need to. I believe that grip is alot about motor learning, or atleast the smaller implements. So I'm trying to keep my training high frequency. 

You are right about the motor learning. It’s all neurological. You may be training grip too often. I only do 2-3 days a week maximum. Too much is not always a good thing 

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s good. Very good

not enough to be a real opponent for giant palms of Finnish and Norwegian guys and other freaks 

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You are right about the motor learning. It’s all neurological. You may be training grip too often. I only do 2-3 days a week maximum. Too much is not always a good thing 

Don't forget that CNS requires more time to recover given that you are testing your max or near max ability too often 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stanislav said:

Don't forget that CNS requires more time to recover given that you are testing your max or near max ability too often 

100% truth. If you are drug free and into strength, less is more 

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

True, but I very rarely go over 90% RM1 in training. 50% of my training days are "light". For example today I was benching while and did some Moontop and Hub timeholds at around 80% leaving atleast 5 seconds in the tank.

High frequency doesn´t mean higher volume and there is good amount of studies to support high frequency training in strenght sports. Most well know study is the norwegian powerlifting study. High level powerlifters got better results (strength and muscle) when volume was equal doing 6 sessions per week rather than 3.  This study had one problem tho. You still had to warm-up more in while doing 6 sessions a week, since like most of the progams / coaches / lifters only count "working-sets" towards the total weekly volume. So the 6 session group still did more a little bit more volume.

Currently I´d say in general more IPF lifters train with high frequency compared to "pro" federation lifters.

That being said there is individual differences, and the best program  in the long run is always the one you can follow. There is world-class guys squatting 6 times a week and once every two weeks, both drug free and "pro".

In the past year I´ve been tested twice from urine and once from blood.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mywor said:

True, but I very rarely go over 90% RM1 in training. 50% of my training days are "light". For example today I was benching while and did some Moontop and Hub timeholds at around 80% leaving atleast 5 seconds in the tank.

High frequency doesn´t mean higher volume and there is good amount of studies to support high frequency training in strenght sports. Most well know study is the norwegian powerlifting study. High level powerlifters got better results (strength and muscle) when volume was equal doing 6 sessions per week rather than 3.  This study had one problem tho. You still had to warm-up more in while doing 6 sessions a week, since like most of the progams / coaches / lifters only count "working-sets" towards the total weekly volume. So the 6 session group still did more a little bit more volume.

Currently I´d say in general more IPF lifters train with high frequency compared to "pro" federation lifters.

That being said there is individual differences, and the best program  in the long run is always the one you can follow. There is world-class guys squatting 6 times a week and once every two weeks, both drug free and "pro".

In the past year I´ve been tested twice from urine and once from blood.

For me... less has always been more. Don’t have to do much to get stronger. If I increase the frequency, I regress and get stale 

19 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Just chalk. Smooth, no knurling.

I was more wondering about this: powdercoat, bare metal, wrinkle or smooth finish?