Training for the COC #3

On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 AM, Hopefully said:

Wow! I rest at least 10 minutes between sets 

Whts your warm up like? How long is your workout, that's a long resting time. Do you do anything while waiting the 10 min? 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NealB

• Donc101

• Hopefully

• Lennix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friday 02 November 2018  1) press 5x5 135, 8x3 sets 95  2) decline pushups 50 3) upright rows 12x3 4) tricep push down 12x3  5) CCS COC 2.5 rated 128x1x3 sets. 6) Ccs coc

Sunday 11 November 2018  I'm proud to have served my country and kick some ass overseas. Today let's all thank a veteran for their service.  1) coc 2 overcrushes x 5 sets as long as possible

Wednesday 12 December 2018 Got my ghp6 and Ghp7 from cannon. Big thanks to cannon for helping me progress on my grippers and answering all my questions. The grippers RGC came in perfect for what

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, NealB said:

I do a moderate squat session before grippers. I usually wait 2-3 minute during gripper sets. I'm just not sure, the gripper doesnt feel right lately.

I must try longer rest aswell, Once i took a 5 min break and was stronger then the set before which never happends when i wait 45 secs (which is retarded but Im inpatient)

But say you are going to do singles at your coc#3, do you squat, singles on trainer, #1, #2 or do you jump in directly on the #3?

Sorry  for spamming in your journal :)

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

I must try longer rest aswell, Once i took a 5 min break and was stronger then the set before which never happends when i wait 45 secs (which is retarded but Im inpatient)

But say you are going to do singles at your coc#3, do you squat, singles on trainer, #1, #2 or do you jump in directly on the #3?

Sorry  for spamming in your journal :)

Your not spamming my journal at all, by all means please comment anytime. I squat and then do grippers separately. In between grippers I will do some lunges and also some air squats to keep CNS going. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, NealB said:

Your not spamming my journal at all, by all means please comment anytime. I squat and then do grippers separately. In between grippers I will do some lunges and also some air squats to keep CNS going. 

So squats and then directly nr 3 without doing any grippers before? :) Doesnt it hurt your joints? 

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

So squats and then directly nr 3 without doing any grippers before? :) Doesnt it hurt your joints? 

No, I will do my moderate squat session and then warm up with light coc grippers. Coc 1 for 10 reps, coc 1.5 for 5 reps, coc 2 for 2 reps and then 2.5 for 1 and then the 3 

• Like 1
Hopefully
On 2/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Lennix said:

Wow, really? How much time between sets during warmup? And also how do you warm up?

Yup! 

During warmup, maybe 2 min or so. 

For warmup I use the same template as for all exercises I do.

First store gripper for 30 fast reps. 

Then #1 for 10, fast reps (as fast as I can) 2 sets of those 

#2 for 5 fast reps and a 2 sec all out OC last rep 

#2.5  2 rep 

ghp6 1 rep, short OC

Ghp7 1 rep. 

Then my working sets start, and the following grippers are chosen depending on how easy the ghp7 close felt. 

/////

To answer you Neal, my gripper workouts take from 1-1.5 hour depending on form. A good day I have power for more sets. 

But I train a bit different than you guys, I only do maximum attempts. In other words I use grippers I cant close until I close them. So every set for me is at least 100% of my ability (I push it closed If Im close enough). I crush the gripper with everything I have for around 4 seconds. So the sets take a lot of effort. 

I have found out that I am the strongest while I'm at work, so usually I do my workouts there. I program and run a cnc machine, so I type a lot on a keyboard and load material, change jaws, inserts etc.. So my cns is on fire and my hands feel strong from using them in many ways. 

I do my closes while I do roughing cuts on a part or if I'm running a job with a lot of parts. While I rest I work or look at the machine while it's working 😃

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Yup! 

During warmup, maybe 2 min or so. 

For warmup I use the same template as for all exercises I do.

First store gripper for 30 fast reps. 

Then #1 for 10, fast reps (as fast as I can) 2 sets of those 

#2 for 5 fast reps and a 2 sec all out OC last rep 

#2.5  2 rep 

ghp6 1 rep, short OC

Ghp7 1 rep. 

Then my working sets start, and the following grippers are chosen depending on how easy the ghp7 close felt. 

/////

To answer you Neal, my gripper workouts take from 1-1.5 hour depending on form. A good day I have power for more sets. 

But I train a bit different than you guys, I only do maximum attempts. In other words I use grippers I cant close until I close them. So every set for me is at least 100% of my ability (I push it closed If Im close enough). I crush the gripper with everything I have for around 4 seconds. So the sets take a lot of effort. 

I have found out that I am the strongest while I'm at work, so usually I do my workouts there. I program and run a cnc machine, so I type a lot on a keyboard and load material, change jaws, inserts etc.. So my cns is on fire and my hands feel strong from using them in many ways. 

I do my closes while I do roughing cuts on a part or if I'm running a job with a lot of parts. While I rest I work or look at the machine while it's working 😃

I'm a machinist as well man, I used to do CNC lathe, setups and basic programming. I used to do grip stuff while waiting on a long roughing cut. 

I am now a manual machinist at a heat treat company doing repairs on shafts and slotting key ways for sprockets. 

I never thought to give grippers a workout during work while our hands are extremely warmed up from working with them. I will try this soon. Thanks for the info brother. 

• Like 1
Hopefully
6 hours ago, NealB said:

I'm a machinist as well man, I used to do CNC lathe, setups and basic programming. I used to do grip stuff while waiting on a long roughing cut. 

I am now a manual machinist at a heat treat company doing repairs on shafts and slotting key ways for sprockets. 

I never thought to give grippers a workout during work while our hands are extremely warmed up from working with them. I will try this soon. Thanks for the info brother. 

Awesome, I love this trade. Super fun and there's much to learn.

Glad it was of help to you. Hope it works out.

• Like 1

Saturday 23 February 2019

1) MMS 154 x 3 singles 

2) MMS 150 x 3 singles 

3) MMS 141 x 3 singles 

4) Negatives 169 x 3 sets 

5) MMS 110 rep out one set, 

• Like 1

Sunday 24 February 2019 

1) rogue axle 250x 5

2) blobs 

3) sledge face lever 11p x 3 reps 

4) wrist wrench 35p 

5) axle rows 80 x 2 sets 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 2

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Nice and easy workout 

1) gripper 150 x 4 sets all out for 20 seconds 

2) MMS reps 110x 14 

3) 1.5 pinky and ring x 3 sets 

• Like 1

Thursday 28 February 2019

I wanted to give everyone an update. I will not be posting on this training blog. At the moment I'm feeling overwhelmed and want to just focus on training. I will still be on gripboard posting feats and such but just feeling spent with keeping up with the log. I'm going to keep a paper log and will update everyone on MM1 and also my coc 3 cert. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NealB said:

Thursday 28 February 2019

I wanted to give everyone an update. I will not be posting on this training blog. At the moment I'm feeling overwhelmed and want to just focus on training. I will still be on gripboard posting feats and such but just feeling spent with keeping up with the log. I'm going to keep a paper log and will update everyone on MM1 and also my coc 3 cert. 

Good luck Neal, I was enjoying reading your log but I understand. I'm always around if you want to do a training session. 

1 hour ago, gerryg said:

Bummer, I like reading your log! Best of luck with your MM1 & COC cert!

1 hour ago, FrankD said:

Good luck Neal, I was enjoying reading your log but I understand. I'm always around if you want to do a training session. 

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll still be posting some videos on my page but right now I'm just focused on lifting and the blog is just cluttering my mind a bit.