Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NealB

Training for the COC #3

Recommended Posts

NealB

Sunday 09 December 2018

1) rolling thunder 100x10 reps 

2) axle shrugs 140x10x3 

3) practice pinching 2 35's together. Only left hand for now

4) 45p blob practice 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Monday 10 December 2018 

Recovery day 

1) epsom salt bath 

2) expand your hand bands 

3) dexterity balls 

I typically due this workout twice a week or when I feel I need it. Recovery training has allowed me to make more gains than recent years. 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Got my ghp6 and Ghp7 from cannon. Big thanks to cannon for helping me progress on my grippers and answering all my questions. The grippers RGC came in perfect for what I needed since my coc 3 is rgc 150 and I cant CCS it yet about an 1/8 off. 

RGC: 

Ghp6 - 132 

Ghp7 - 141

1) CCS GHP6 RGC 132 x 4 sets 

1,1,1,1 

2) coc 2.5 RGC 128 X 3 MM sets 

3) coc 3 forced and held shut x 3 sets 

4) coc 1.5 pinky and ring holds x 3 sets 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
27 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Awesome!

Thanks man, feeling pretty good moving forward. But, I have to give most of the credit to cannon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Saturday 15 December 2018

1) strap holds with 5p, ghp6 RGC 132 x 5 sets at 10 seconds 

2) coc 3.5 held shut for 3 sets 

3) pony clamp thumb x 3 sets 

4) TNS coc 1 x 3 sets 

5) 8 pound sledge 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
1 hour ago, NealB said:

Saturday 15 December 2018

1) strap holds with 5p, ghp6 RGC 132 x 5 sets at 10 seconds 

2) coc 3.5 held shut for 3 sets 

3) pony clamp thumb x 3 sets 

4) TNS coc 1 x 3 sets 

5) 8 pound sledge 

Do you feel like you gain something from the #3.5 holds? Have never really done any holds, not counting overcrushes then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
7 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Do you feel like you gain something from the #3.5 holds? Have never really done any holds, not counting overcrushes then.

Honestly Its too soon for me to give you my input. However, I have always felt that training a gripper above your goal gripper gives me a bit of confidence. I'll get back to you in a month or two when I can determine its effectiveness. I've never done negatives and might try those soon but my gripper progress is going as planned so I dont wanna change too much. If it ain't broke, why fix it. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot them my way man. 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Sunday 16 December 2018

1) axle shrugs 215 pounds 

2) pinching 2 35's together

3) 45p blob practice 

I can pinch the 2 35s with both hands but my left is way better and I wanna be able to lockout both perfect before submitting to be judged. I hope everyone has a great night. 

 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
On 12/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, NealB said:

Honestly Its too soon for me to give you my input. However, I have always felt that training a gripper above your goal gripper gives me a bit of confidence. I'll get back to you in a month or two when I can determine its effectiveness. I've never done negatives and might try those soon but my gripper progress is going as planned so I dont wanna change too much. If it ain't broke, why fix it. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot them my way man. 

Allright, thanks for the answer 👍

It makes you accustomed to more pressure so it should give a little benefit at least, also confidence for sure! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Thursday 20 December 2018

I am signed up for the MM1 and need to put more direct work on my MMS. From watching chez's videos he talks a lot about great carryover to CCS from doing heavy MMS. I felt so good after this session I went for MMS on my coc 3 RGC 150 and got 3 reps. I think my second rep might be red lighted but I'm pretty confident I'll be good for my MM1. 

1) MMS Ghp7 RGC 141 4x1, too friggen easy, next session will be with my coc 3 RGC 150

2) MMS ghp6 RGC 132 x 2 reps 

3) MMS coc 2.5 RGC 128 x 3 reps 

4) CCS coc 2.5 RGC 128 x 3 sets 

5) coc 1.5 pinky and ring x 3 sets 

6) coc 3.5 RGC 175 cheated shut and held x 3 sets

Edited by NealB
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Sunday 23 December 2018 

1) axle shrugs 225 

2) pinching 2 35s 

3) blob practice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Definitely feeling a little dazed from the holidays but I still got my reps in. 

1) MMS COC RGC 150 4x1 

2) MMS Ghp7 RGC 141 x 2 reps 

3) MMS ghp6 rgc 132 x 3 reps 

4) CCS coc 2.5 RGC 128 x 3 sets 

5) pony clamp for thumb  x 3 sets 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Saturday 29 December 2018

1) MMS coc 3 RGC 150 4x1
2) MMS ghp7 RGC 141 x 2 reps 
3) MMS ghp6 RGC 132 x 3 reps 
4) COC 1.5  TNS x 3 sets 
5)coc 3.5 RGC 175 held shut x 3 sets 
6) pinky and ring training x 3 sets 

For some reason my hands are not feeling as strong compared to last week. Does anyone else go through this with grippers and how do you fight through it. Or, do you take some time off? 
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
13 minutes ago, NealB said:

For some reason my hands are not feeling as strong compared to last week. Does anyone else go through this with grippers and how do you fight through it. Or, do you take some time off? 

For me taking significant time off have been a mistake always (in grip) unless I have been injured. I just train like I always do at the current level. Strength is always going to fluctuate around some point or baseline, you'll be stronger sometimes and sometimes weaker than this but giving your all (at the time) regardless of current strength level is imo the best way to increase this base point. If your weakest level increases then your strongest should too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
25 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

For me taking significant time off have been a mistake always (in grip) unless I have been injured. I just train like I always do at the current level. Strength is always going to fluctuate around some point or baseline, you'll be stronger sometimes and sometimes weaker than this but giving your all (at the time) regardless of current strength level is imo the best way to increase this base point. If your weakest level increases then your strongest should too. 

Thank you for your input, that makes a lot of sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Sunday 30 December 2018 

1) axle shrugs 

2) pinching 2 35s together, single hand 

3) blob practice 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Saturday 05 January 2019

Best gripper session of my life thus far. 

1) MMS COC RGC 154 x 4 singles, PR, this gripper was DOA. 

2) MMS coc 3 RGC 150 x 2 doubles 

3) MMS Ghp7 RGC 141 x 4 reps 

4) Coc 3.5 RGC 175 negatives x  3 sets 

5) pony clamp for thumb  x 5 sets 

6) 8p sledge movements 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvance
Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2018 at 10:06 AM, NealB said:

Saturday 29 December 2018

1) MMS coc 3 RGC 150 4x1
2) MMS ghp7 RGC 141 x 2 reps 
3) MMS ghp6 RGC 132 x 3 reps 
4) COC 1.5  TNS x 3 sets 
5)coc 3.5 RGC 175 held shut x 3 sets 
6) pinky and ring training x 3 sets 

For some reason my hands are not feeling as strong compared to last week. Does anyone else go through this with grippers and how do you fight through it. Or, do you take some time off? 
 

All the time for me... I would say more about how PR sessions usually shortly follow the most lousy and discouraging sessions - but it looks like your last post says everything. Good work.

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
1 hour ago, jvance said:

All the time for me... I would say more about how PR sessions usually shortly follow the most lousy and discouraging sessions - but it looks like your last post says everything. Good work.

Absolutely man, it's weird how things work like that. For some reason grippers have kicked my butt in the past but I am now taking my revenge. Thank you very much for checking out my log and the kind words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jchapman
5 hours ago, NealB said:

Saturday 05 January 2019

Best gripper session of my life thus far. 

1) MMS COC RGC 154 x 4 singles, PR, this gripper was DOA. 

2) MMS coc 3 RGC 150 x 2 doubles 

3) MMS Ghp7 RGC 141 x 4 reps 

4) Coc 3.5 RGC 175 negatives x  3 sets 

5) pony clamp for thumb  x 5 sets 

6) 8p sledge movements 

 

Looks like you have the strength for the MM1!   How good are you filming gripper closes?  I personally have to train that aspect too, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
4 hours ago, jchapman said:

Looks like you have the strength for the MM1!   How good are you filming gripper closes?  I personally have to train that aspect too, lol.

Man, I'm definitely ready for the MM1 but I I will say filming is tough and needs some practice. I want to make sure it's perfect for the judges come cert time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Thumb progress.

20190107_194046.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Thursday 10 January 2019

1) 44.2 pound blob  practice 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB

Saturday 12 January 2019

1) MMS COC RGC 154 x 4 singles

2) MMS COC RGC 150 x 1 double

3) TNS COC 1.5 x 3 sets 

4) COC 1.5 pinky and ring x 3 sets 

Session felt horrible, not sure what's up today. I'm just focusing on the fact that even on a bad day I can still close my 154. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.