Brian Shaw Rolling Thunder Video

UnomeKC

22 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Old Style Rolling Thunder 😕

Brian has not trained rolling thunder since the second handle was released? :D 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

So @Bryan Hunsaker can lift more than Brian Shaw on the RT? 255 for Brian with an  I and 260 For Bryan with a Y. Good job Hunsaker!!!!

Rolling Thunder handles are very inconsistent. The only true method to measure strength is in competition where everyone use the same handle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Rolling Thunder handles are very inconsistent. The only true method to measure strength is in competition where everyone use the same handle.

I have used four different rolling thunders  in my life, two in a competition and two at a gym. Didn’t see much difference in any of them. Neither of them had as much of a spin as FBBC or silakurov And I was able to lift over 200 pounds on them all

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have used four different rolling thunders  in my life, two in a competition and two at a gym. Didn’t see much difference in any of them. Neither of them had as much of a spin as FBBC or silakurov And I was able to lift over 200 pounds on them all

Yes but the inconsistency is well documented. In fact thats the main reason many people are not using them in competition anymore and it's also one of the reasons there is more rolling handles out on the market these days.

• Like 1

I competed on A1 tournament in 2013, when Alexey Tyukalov fixed his 150.5kg - and on that RT I pulled 113kg. A few months later on World Championship in Moscow, with other RT, my maximum was 98, and Alexey finished with 118kg.
So the RT are really different

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I competed on A1 tournament in 2013, when Alexey Tyukalov fixed his 150.5kg - and on that RT I pulled 113kg. A few months later on World Championship in Moscow, with other RT, my maximum was 98, and Alexey finished with 118kg.
So the RT are really different

That’s so crazy! Then how can they say who is really the best?? If they are so inconsistent?

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s so crazy! Then how can they say who is really the best?? If they are so inconsistent?

Ya. It’s why we no longer track it on the top 100 lists for gripsport.org. The outer sleeve is just plastic so it can warp and get clogged from chalk/dirt easily 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

The only way to know for sure is to use the same handle. That is the problem. You can only do that if everyone compete in the same venue. Logistics would be pretty tedious if you would ship around one handle to different venues. 

Also, the heavier you lift the bigger the difference is. Thats why the WR on the RT is a whopping 45 kg more than it is on the 2.5" Crusher. These numbers are by the way done by the same person.

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Ya. It’s why we no longer track it on the top 100 lists for gripsport.org. The outer sleeve is just plastic so it can warp and get clogged from chalk/dirt easily 

I can definitely see that. Should be removable to clean 

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

The only way to know for sure is to use the same handle. That is the problem. You can only do that if everyone compete in the same venue. Logistics would be pretty tedious if you would ship around one handle to different venues. 

This is how I feel about grip in general. Differences in seasoning between implements can be huge. Only true way to know who’s strongest is everyone at one location using the same implement 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This was interested only for athletes. The organizers were only interested in how to collect +100$ per participant for each exercise ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

This was interested only for athletes. The organizers were only interested in how to collect +100$ per participant for each exercise ...

What contest charges 100 bucks per exercise? Most I’ve paid for a contest was 40 dollars and that was with 6 total events over 2 days.

18 minutes ago, Chez said:

This is how I feel about grip in general. Differences in seasoning between implements can be huge. Only true way to know who’s strongest is everyone at one location using the same implement 

Totally agree, I think the best way is to preserve the implements as good as possible, some implements will change more than others. If you store and maintain them properly it will be OK I think.

10 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What contest charges 100 bucks per exercise? Most I’ve paid for a contest was 40 dollars and that was with 6 total events over 2 days.

For example World Champinship 2014. Moreover, at first some prices were announced in one currency, and when I came to the competitions they told me that the rate of these currencies to the dollar had changed and I must pay more (about 120 bucks in ukranian grivnas) or not participate in some exercises .... and the organizer named two exercises from which I can refuse - in fact in these exercises participated athletes representing organizers and in them I had the greatest chances. After then I principle lent the missing money and won tthis exercises...

Championships 2012, 2013 and 2014, A1 - cost me one in +1000 dollars with an average salary in my city (and mine) of 200-300 dollars at that time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

For example World Champinship 2014. Moreover, at first some prices were announced in one currency, and when I came to the competitions they told me that the rate of these currencies to the dollar had changed and I must pay more (about 120 bucks in ukranian grivnas) or not participate in some exercises .... and the organizer named two exercises from which I can refuse - in fact in these exercises participated athletes representing organizers and in them I had the greatest chances. After then I principle lent the missing money and won tthis exercises...

Championships 2012, 2013 and 2014, A1 - cost me one in +1000 dollars with an average salary in my city (and mine) of 200-300 dollars at that time.

So it’s going to cost me that much just to enter the worlds in 2019? Not counting airfare and hotel?

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

So it’s going to cost me that much just to enter the worlds in 2019? Not counting airfare and hotel?

I think you need to ask Riccardo, Clay or Eric (maybe someone else from Canada or America was at these tournaments in last two years) how much they spent. The amounts will be roughly the same, most likely ...

And wait for the official announcement of the tournament - there  you'll see fees for exercises...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I think you need to ask Riccardo, Clay or Eric (maybe someone else from Canada or America was at these tournaments in last two years) how much they spent. The amounts will be roughly the same, most likely ...

And wait for the official announcement of the tournament - there  you'll see fees for exercises...

Ok

10 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Ok

Sorry for offtopic!
There is a variant to live in a rented apartment - not in a hotel. You can rent 2 room apartment for the fourth - for example. It will be cheaper and you will be able to prepare normal food in the kitchen, and not eat fastfood. 

But it is desirable that someone from the locals looked at the apartment in advance - check its condition, the quality of beds, cleanliness, the presence of hot water and everything else... In addition, the apartments that are on the Internet "for foreigners" are expensive, but there are many realtors working with locals residents - they have the same quality apartment for less money.
For example, when participants from other cities came to me on KK, I gave them a telephone of trusted realtors who had apartments near the venue or affordable by price for those to whom this factor was more important...

So you can just save money, or for the same money you can come earlier for a day for acclimatization and compete better, and leave for a day or two later. And have time to see the sights. If the competition will be in St. Petersburg or Moscow - there are many interesting historical places!

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Sorry for offtopic!
There is a variant to live in a rented apartment - not in a hotel. You can rent 2 room apartment for the fourth - for example. It will be cheaper and you will be able to prepare normal food in the kitchen, and not eat fastfood. 

But it is desirable that someone from the locals looked at the apartment in advance - check its condition, the quality of beds, cleanliness, the presence of hot water and everything else... In addition, the apartments that are on the Internet "for foreigners" are expensive, but there are many realtors working with locals residents - they have the same quality apartment for less money.
For example, when participants from other cities came to me on KK, I gave them a telephone of trusted realtors who had apartments near the venue or affordable by price for those to whom this factor was more important...

So you can just save money, or for the same money you can come earlier for a day for acclimatization and compete better, and leave for a day or two later. And have time to see the sights. If the competition will be in St. Petersburg or Moscow - there are many interesting historical places!

I will be contacting you when the time comes