SB Hold - BB Pro- 17,01sec & CoC-4- 42,03sec

Ivan Pupchenko

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

My last training with BB Pro:

And I coming back to training my mitochondrions - CoC-4:

Super impressive, and the way you set up! Definitely getting inspired by your holds! 

Just ordered 218 and 230 grippers from Canon. Since last time I tried to jump straight from coc 4 to ghp10 I just set back my training couple of months, because it was so brutal jump. Didn't even actually get the SB hold with it, but it was quite close for sure. 

Do you always go all out when training SB or leave something it the tank? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

My last training with BB Pro:

And I coming back to training my mitochondrions - CoC-4:

Ivan, that's super impressive! 
Nothing like that had been shown in a while, even if we are talking about training results. You are showing constant progress adding these precious seconds to your incredible SB holds, setting new horizons for the human abilities in a such exercise! I'd like to see you beat 20 sec barrier with BB PRO and 50 sec with CoC#4, probably 10 sec with GHP 10, by holding these impressive numbers, you'll leave others behind yourself for years of dedicated training!  

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous! :yikes

Pump training with COC#4, hell yeah, how many mitochondrias do you have by the way, a quadrillion? :D

You are so far ahead everyone else on the silver bullet it is shocking. You have some serious world class crush power! You should make your results official and shatter the current records. I look forward to seeing continue to push the limits of this event. 

14 hours ago, Mywor said:

Between СоС-4 and GHP10 is a huge distance. I was not able to set bullet between BB Pro handles on first training, performing consistently 20-25 sec holds with CoC-4. And I could not install GHP10 in first, doing 5-10 seconds holds with the BB Pro... In ideal, intermediate grippers are needed - this will simplify and accelerate trainingprogress.

I usually do 3-4 attempts with heavy grippers and maximum duration up to 10 seconds or 1-2 attempts with duration near the minute. Such intensity allows to progress and recover within 8-10 days (with recreative training inside this gap).

Extra long holds for more than a minute seriously damages mitochondrions - after them, I experienced a recession or a hard rollback lasting up to a month. And although such attempts are needed to have a clear view on self limits and for self-motivation, I'm not going to use again CoC-3 or 2.5 for working approaches in the near future ...

Despite the fact that there are not much working attempts, I am very serious approach to warm-up part of training. Hard grippers will not forgive cold tendons and ligaments! On the warm-up, I do the CCS and 20mm block closing + I practice the installation for the SB. It takes an average of about 1.5 hours.

After the main part I perform auxiliary exercises. They are different, depending on what I feel is lagging behind at the moment. It can be reverse closing or press-up to 16-15mm block - like on this video:

or something else. Usually this part -  1-15 hours. The whole workout takes up to 4 hours.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stanislav said:

3 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Stas, Igor - thank you very much for your kind words, supports and your grippers!
Without your help, I would not have achieved these results!

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Very few) Very few mitochondrions and very few seconds))) I need more) So many mitochondria, how much will fit in my arms))

50 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

In past years, I participated a lot in armlifting competition. Despite the fact, that this experience gave me very much both as a person and as athlete - there were a lot of negative aspects. I want to believe and I have no reason to doubt that - in the competitions that Riccardo organizes all is honestly and correctly. But I already gave enough money to Ironmind and the merchants from armlifting organizations for diploms and medals, which  ceased to mean anything after the renaming of organizations, the change of their formal leaders or something else. Let them make money on someone else now ...

If my results move our lovely sport forward - this will be enough for me. Diplomas, medals and titles do not mean much when you have a certain life experience and understand what is really important in life ...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Between СоС-4 and GHP10 is a huge distance. I was not able to set bullet between BB Pro handles on first training, performing consistently 20-25 sec holds with CoC-4. And I could not install GHP10 in first, doing 5-10 seconds holds with the BB Pro... In ideal, intermediate grippers are needed - this will simplify and accelerate trainingprogress.

I usually do 3-4 attempts with heavy grippers and maximum duration up to 10 seconds or 1-2 attempts with duration near the minute. Such intensity allows to progress and recover within 8-10 days (with recreative training inside this gap).

Extra long holds for more than a minute seriously damages mitochondrions - after them, I experienced a recession or a hard rollback lasting up to a month. And although such attempts are needed to have a clear view on self limits and for self-motivation, I'm not going to use again CoC-3 or 2.5 for working approaches in the near future ...

Despite the fact that there are not much working attempts, I am very serious approach to warm-up part of training. Hard grippers will not forgive cold tendons and ligaments! On the warm-up, I do the CCS and 20mm block closing + I practice the installation for the SB. It takes an average of about 1.5 hours.

After the main part I perform auxiliary exercises. They are different, depending on what I feel is lagging behind at the moment. It can be reverse closing or press-up to 16-15mm block - like on this video:

or something else. Usually this part -  1-15 hours. The whole workout takes up to 4 hours.

Thank you very much for a thorough answer! Many great points and tips to up my silver bullet training. Im

Your video are definitely motivational, and hopefully I can set the record closer to your training records in the near future. Your results definitely move the sport forward.  💪

• Like 2

Your hand power is amazing.  I didn't know that people were capable of such feats.  Amazing. 

What is your height and bodyweight? 

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

In past years, I participated a lot in armlifting competition. Despite the fact, that this experience gave me very much both as a person and as athlete - there were a lot of negative aspects. I want to believe and I have no reason to doubt that - in the competitions that Riccardo organizes all is honestly and correctly. But I already gave enough money to Ironmind and the merchants from armlifting organizations for diploms and medals, which  ceased to mean anything after the renaming of organizations, the change of their formal leaders or something else. Let them make money on someone else now ...

If my results move our lovely sport forward - this will be enough for me. Diplomas, medals and titles do not mean much when you have a certain life experience and understand what is really important in life ...

And thank you for the compliments.  We are trying to organize very good, high level contests.  Maybe one day you will take part in one of our contests?  Either way, please continue to provide such motivational videos.  You are amazing! 

1 hour ago, riccardomagni said:

And thank you for the compliments.  We are trying to organize very good, high level contests.  Maybe one day you will take part in one of our contests?  Either way, please continue to provide such motivational videos.  You are amazing! 

Thank you Riccardo! I am 188cm and 98-102kg. This is my photo with Cyplenkov and Tyukalov at the Armlifting World Championship 2013. Although  then we all were younger and slimmer))

I do not want to return to unpleasant memories about my armlifting travels now... Compete abroad is very expensive for a ukrainian now. Even the KK  held solely because of personal assistance of Eric and Andrew. But if that armlifting, which is geographically closer to me, will cease to be a kind of making money on naive newcomers, I will be only glad! I think that if more people can see an example of fair tournaments, then they will have something to compare, and scammers simply will not have opportunities to deceive  them.

10289613236_bea01857f2_b.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thank you Riccardo! I am 188cm and 98-102kg. This is my photo with Cyplenkov and Tyukalov at the Armlifting World Championship 2013. Although  then we all were younger and slimmer))

I do not want to return to unpleasant memories about my armlifting travels now... Compete abroad is very expensive for a ukrainian now. Even the KK  held solely because of personal assistance of Eric and Andrew. But if that armlifting, which is geographically closer to me, will cease to be a kind of making money on naive newcomers, I will be only glad! I think that if more people can see an example of fair tournaments, then they will have something to compare, and scammers simply will not have opportunities to deceive  them.

10289613236_bea01857f2_b.jpg

Great picture! 

No, I don't want to make you have any bad memories.  And I know how much it costs to compete internationally having been to Finland this year and Russia last year. 

Congratulations and move forward! 

And if it ever works out, I would be honored to compete against you. 

• Like 3