Armlifting USA at the 2019 Arnold Classic

riccardomagni

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Clay,

Thanks for your fast response. So what formula was used to choose the top competitors, , as to who was the best suited for the 3 events being contested? And, was it only people who have competed in prior armlifting USA competitions? Or was it out of of pool of the known gripsters that you thought would be the best of the best?

Joe

All of the above

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Glad you guys are going to correct when next round of invites go out Nov. 1

I don't think we got it incorrect. But certainly more very deserving athletes will get opportunities. 

Even if the Arnolds contest only featured the Stub, I’d be excited. 

Of course I’m thrilled to be taking part, and I’m lucky that the events align with my strengths. But even if they didn’t, and even if I wasn’t invited, I would still think this is fantastic for the sport.

Kudos to Riccardo and Clay for making it happen!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ClayEdgin said:

I don't think we got it incorrect. But certainly more very deserving athletes will get opportunities. 

You just acknowledged in a post 15 minutes ago that both of you guys had no idea about Gils 413lb axle - that is big oversight as Gil is a killer gripster and thickbar monster. In regards to Jedd's invite- I know the backstory and it is freakin childish and petty. Iam too old to listen to bunch of smooth talking B.S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What was the formula used? 

I feel like I've already given all that info. For the most part though, you guessed correctly with your previous response. It was a collection of all those things. Was there something specific out of all that you needed more clarification on? Did Riccardo answer your questions sufficiently when you talked on the phone about the selection process? 

Edited by ClayEdgin

34 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Iam too old to listen to bunch of smooth talking B.S.

OK. 

3 minutes ago, ClayEdgin said:

OK. 

I don't think anyone is questioning your motivations Clay.  I'll leave it at that.

I understand where you're coming from... But, Jedd did win the overall in Philly... Also, if it's a numbers thing, Hunsaker wasn't on the list. He hit a big rolling thunder recently 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClayEdgin said:

I feel like I've already given all that info. For the most part though, you guessed correctly with your previous response. It was a collection of all those things. Was there something specific out of all that you needed more clarification on? Did Riccardo answer your questions sufficiently when you talked on the phone about the selection process? 

I was wondering if there was an actual formula. Like a mathematical formula used showing who was the most qualified. 

Clay, your first lengthy post was very good, and was as good as any that I have seen on this forum over the years.

The words "lucid, intelligent, and well-thought out" come to mind. Unfortunately, that's not always good enough:

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add "funny" as well ("pay my mortgage like a real man" takes the prize).

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1

I was wondering if there was an actual formula. Like a mathematical formula used showing who was the most qualified. 

No

1. Posts, avatars, and signatures may not contain: profanity, flaming, personal attacks, nudity, spam, rants, debates, politics, negativity, fund-raisers, or advertisements.

please keep this in mind moving forward.

3 minutes ago, anwnate said:

1. Posts, avatars, and signatures may not contain: profanity, flaming, personal attacks, nudity, spam, rants, debates, politics, negativity, fund-raisers, or advertisements.

please keep this in mind moving forward.

I was definitely not nude when I posted that Nate.  Just stating for the record.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I was definitely not nude when I posted that Nate.  Just stating for the record.

Thanks for that image. I know you are trying to lose weight to dominate allometric scoring......but keep the 2lbs of clothes 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am currently naked while writing this - I think its really great that grip sport and lifts will be done and showcased at the Arnold Classic, even if no one from this forum would be involved in it - and I also pay my mortgage like a real man - with my wife's salary - excellent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would like to mention (due to various insinuations in the above thread), on behalf of Grip Sport International, that we don't actually view things as being competing in nature with Armlifting USA.  GSI's goal is to be an umbrella organization to groups like Armlifting USA, and the numerous Grip Sport organizations around the globe.  We've actually reached out to AUSA about cooperating, and while they have not accepted our initial exchange, that isn't to say that we cannot coexist, or preferably cooperate, in the future.

I think both organizations see the need to get Grip on a better footing.  GSI is making a strong push to organize things so that all international Grip organizations (not just in the USA) can operate with uniform regulations, equivalent disciplines tested within Grip, enhanced legitimacy of participating organizations, and improved platforms for all athletes.

AUSA could sanction the Arnold with GSI, if it so chooses. 

Personal issues may exist on individual levels, but GSI does not wish to focus on those.  Our primary goal is to grow Grip around the world.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bryan Hunsaker said:

I would like to mention (due to various insinuations in the above thread), on behalf of Grip Sport International, that we don't actually view things as being competing in nature with Armlifting USA.  GSI's goal is to be an umbrella organization to groups like Armlifting USA, and the numerous Grip Sport organizations around the globe.  We've actually reached out to AUSA about cooperating, and while they have not accepted our initial exchange, that isn't to say that we cannot coexist, or preferably cooperate, in the future.

I think both organizations see the need to get Grip on a better footing.  GSI is making a strong push to organize things so that all international Grip organizations (not just in the USA) can operate with uniform regulations, equivalent disciplines tested within Grip, enhanced legitimacy of participating organizations, and improved platforms for all athletes.

AUSA could sanction the Arnold with GSI, if it so chooses. 

Personal issues may exist on individual levels, but GSI does not wish to focus on those.  Our primary goal is to grow Grip around the world.

Thanks for the info Bryan. In an ideal world, there would only be one, unified grip/armlifting organization.

Thanks for the info Bryan. In an ideal world, there would only be one, unified grip/armlifting organization.

But then how would they make everyone use Ironmind products and increase their sales?   

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

But then how would they make everyone use Ironmind products and increase their sales?   

You can use non iron mind products in the events as long as, I believe ,  at least 2 events are either IM axle, RT and SB .... after that, you can have any implements you want to use in the event that are non Ironmind products. 

On 10/18/2018 at 8:47 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Clay mentioned before that it is because IM equipment is found throughout the world and the main tools used at worlds. Whether it’s the best is a totally different convo! More people in grip the better IMO...it would make sense thay there be a pinch, thickbar and gripper event versus 2 thickbars but that could change in the future also

20 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Clay mentioned before that it is because IM equipment is found throughout the world and the main tools used at worlds. Whether it’s the best is a totally different convo! More people in grip the better IMO...it would make sense thay there be a pinch, thickbar and gripper event versus 2 thickbars but that could change in the future also

Yea, that's why.  Lol