Double sledge( 10lb and 8lb) front/rear coin DL-hold

Kluv#0

Never seen anyone do this. I know the great Robert Miller could easily do this and some others but just wanted to share. Key on rear hold is to keep it LEVEL not upward angle- hence coin put on. Rear sledge is held for over 25 seconds. 10lb sledge is (11.3lb total) and 32 5/8" and 8lb sledge is (9.4lb total) and 30 1/2"

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Never seen anyone do this. I know the great Robert Miller could easily do this and some others but just wanted to share. Key on rear hold is to keep it LEVEL not upward angle- hence coin put on. Rear sledge is held for over 25 seconds. 10lb sledge is (11.3lb total) and 32 5/8" and 8lb sledge is (9.4lb total) and 30 1/2"

Dude I have never seen this style of coin/sledge lift in my life. Looks like it would be extremely awkward to do. Very very nice!!! Did it take you a few tries to neurologically adapt to the movements combined ?

58 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I have never seen this style of coin/sledge lift in my life. Looks like it would be extremely awkward to do. Very very nice!!! Did it take you a few tries to neurologically adapt to the movements combined ?

Thanks Big Baad Joe- I did it for first time this A.M. 6 months ago, I did a double front and rear pickaxe simultaneous but done held to both sides. I just stumbled on this due to having cinder blocks set up to do some hip belt work. As you know, I should have a disclaimer on the rear hold as it could be "snap city" if not conditioned, LOL

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Big Baad Joe- I did it for first time this A.M. 6 months ago, I did a double front and rear pickaxe simultaneous but done held to both sides. I just stumbled on this due to having cinder blocks set up to do some hip belt work. As you know, I should have a disclaimer on the rear hold as it could be "snap city" if not conditioned, LOL

Yes... this is not for amateurs.... that’s for sure.

38 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

That was a cool feat!

Thanks David! I have watched many of your sledge vids and your wrist strength is beyond exceptional💪💪💪 

• Like 1

I'm new to sledging, and have only tried it a couple of times, but knowing how hard I find it to do quite a bit less than that, wow!  Nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Very cool, Mike! I envy your sledge strength. Maybe you could carry on with the Weaver still talk at some point? I've seen it mentioned, but yours is the first one I have laid eyes on.

Thank you Steve, I will do a Weaver stick demo next Friday and will post under my GG training log.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I'm new to sledging, and have only tried it a couple of times, but knowing how hard I find it to do quite a bit less than that, wow!  Nice.

Thanks Vinnie, stick with it as it is crucial to achieving overall grip strength. Sledge training is not glamorous per se but very rewarding when you gain 1/4"- 1/2" on certain lifts, etc

40 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

That's bad ass! great job. 

Thanks Don, you know I think the world of your wrist strength!! I actually concurred with your statement in vid at 1:36 LMAO

• Like 1

I can't stand them, but I slog my way through it because of you and the other strong guys who make it a staple. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I can't stand them, but I slog my way through it because of you and the other strong guys who make it a staple. 

Thanks!! Case in point- Big baad Joe Sullivan- very new to gripsport and not huge hands but he can do business and lot of that is due to his sledge/wrist work. You owe me 20 bucks Joey

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks!! Case in point- Big baad Joe Sullivan- very new to gripsport and not huge hands but he can do business and lot of that is due to his sledge/wrist work. You owe me 20 bucks Joey

Listen to this week in grip tomorrow... and then you’ll owe ME 20 bucks brother!!! You get an honorable mention by me.......

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

And like we always say.... wrist is KEY! The link between the hand and forearm is the wrist. If that link is weak, I would say you lose at least 25% of your possible grip potential.

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Listen to this week in grip tomorrow... and then you’ll owe ME 20 bucks brother!!! You get an honorable mention by me.......

Is that the original grip show or the latest grip podcast 2.0?

47 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Is that the original grip show or the latest grip podcast 2.0?

It comes out tomorrow. I am the subject of the show. This week in grip on Jedds YouTube.... episode 67

19 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It comes out tomorrow. I am the subject of the show. This week in grip on Jedds YouTube.... episode 67

That sounds like a great subject/episode for sure. My son used to listen to that show- I have not since I spilled coffee on my 80 buck shirt after hearing alen pick Gil to finish 3rd in the stublift at last years KK, LMAO Riccardo selected me to finish 3rd in that event and Jedd thought I might be good choice then came the spilt coffee:)

29 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That was an awesome feat my man! 

Thanks CEO of Rows, Inc. I can’t imagine what I will produce once I break out the pajama bottoms🤣

• Like 1