Strong! The #2 double looked very controlled 

Day 32 ... Rest day...

Being careful not to overdo it when yesterday was near fail

On 10/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, Boulderbrew said:

Strong! The #2 double looked very controlled 

On 10/24/2018 at 4:49 PM, Hopefully said:

Great work so far

Thank you both. Next step, 2.5

Nice work so far. I have no doubt you will close a #3 in the next few months. You have a goal and a solid plan that you are sticking to. I still love to watch these new training threads to rekindle the excitement of days past.

1 hour ago, DrLobsterHands said:

Was hoping it might be a bit less. There definitely seems to be a huge gap between the 2 and 3!

It could be a lot less.  

For me I could close the #2 for about 10 parallel reps when I closed a #2.5.  

However I closed a #3 with only getting to about 6 reps on the #2.5.  

BUT!  I took a long time off from regular gripper training and am working back through the levels now.  I'm only good for about 142 rating right now (a light #3) but can still rep the #2.5 for 4-5 reps.  Soooooo, you'll just have to see is the point.  😬

11 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Lets go for the #3 cert 

Sorry for hijacking your log for a minute @DrLobsterHands.

In theory, I've always been interested in the #3 cert.  However even when I was at my all-time peak of gripper strength (MMS close of a 164# Elite) I was not very close to a CCS on a average/hard #3.  I mean like, maybe as much as a good 1/4" off. 

If I ever manage to build that kind of CCS strength, I'm definitely signing up.  I've just never been within striking distance. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DrLobsterHands said:

My crazy idea is to build up to 15 x 15 reps in a day. Then switch to the #2 when I'm conditioned by all the brutal volume.

By the way, can anyone advise me how to improve my set ?

So glad to see you back at it regular!

I’ve been doing sets of 15-20 with the #2 lately and I’m not consistently closing a 140 lbs #3 right now. Just a data point as you consider timing.   

Just search YouTube for “setting a gripper”.  The first 8 results are all great. 

Most people never close CoC#3. Those who make it probably works for it for a year or even years. 

You want to go from a beginner to close #3 in three months. WITHOUT training with heavy grippers. 

I have no idea. You might make it. But the mindset is just really strange to me. With a short term goal like that you cant really be scared of overtraining or injuries. 

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just dont know if you understand what you are up against.  

Plan your work and work your plan.  I think you're making really quick progress, actually.  We want to see you make your goal, but for gripper training in general, you're making steady good gains.