To Tom black

Guest simon lodge

Guest simon lodge

Hi

Tom

I dont no if you remember, i wrote to you before i was saying i was having trouble in getting that last bit on closing  # 2, You advised me to have a break from the grippers I am pleased to say your advice was spot on, it helped me to finally get that # 2 closed. ive also got # 3 ready to start training on but it feels as if that is going to be a different story all together.

Thanks again for your good advice.

simon

Yes I remember Simon, and I remember my advice because rest breaks have always worked for me in the past.  I need to take my own advice to get the last little bit of the #3.  I think I recommended that you take 2 weeks off and during that time do active recovery by doing 5 reps with the Trainer every other day.  For the #3 I’m probably going to do both the Trainer and the #1 during my active rest cycle.

Congratulations on closing the Number 2.  Now try to add some reps and timed holds.   When you get to about 3 reps you will probably be able to do strapholds.  Keep on progressing!

Guest simon lodge

Tom

Thanks  

Ive managed to close # 2  fully twice and on the third time i got it to a gnat's hair away from being closed so as you are saying when i can do three fully closed i will start doing strap holds.

simon

Guest badkarma67

i closed the #2 for 1 rep while chatting with simon the other evening....almost felt like i did it by accident...as i told my friend from across the pond...the #3 will be mine by new years

Guest simon lodge

Badkarma67

Hi mate, as we have closed # 2 within a couple of days of each other, I think we should keep in touch  to see who closes #3 first. It will be good to know there is someone out there to compete against.

simon