Which thickbar event best of these?

Kluv#0

25 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

Yes you're awesome at key pinch but I wouldn't care if it was in the contest or not.  Should be your choice.  I'm excited Mike.  I'm planning on entering no matter what the lifts but I do like what you've chosen.   Strangely enough I've never trained SB.  I'll have to test it out and do some serious CoC trainer holds 😆

Joe Sullivan - Jason is a friend of mine that has been a long time strength athlete in the NW.   Mainly strongman,  PL, and recently grip.  What makes him stand out is his physical size.  If you stood him next to big Z they would be shaped the same.   Jason is lifetime drug free.   He's not world class strong but strong enough. 

Thank you Matt! I don't select events solely on how well I can perform in them-Example- last 2 OSH I had IM BB pinch block with 7 3/8" hands not ideal- I go with personal grip philosophy. Have heard from many to eliminate KP and pickaxe so I will next year. SB you will excel after few sessions- but totally different than 20MM as I gave an unnamed person a gripper I can 20MM x2 and he could not close MMS. However, he can do a few sec better on SB. Being sanctioned and leaderboard tracked I could not help people at my contests physically to use the block and close gripper- it takes some coordination. SB is not a leaderboard tracked so I can hold the bullet for competitors if they wish- have seen it done in a big German grip contest. Take less time, too:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RagingTrain said:

We'll see.  JCE doesn't seem interested in doing sanctioned stuff at the moment but that could change of course.  Personally I like the monster crush (3" rollers) for wrist work.   I've never tried the wrist wrench although it sounds really fun! 

I remember we talked a bit about osh '19 but I can't recall what lifts you were leaning towards.  I know they're not set it stone...

Yeah WW/replica is a unique beast of implement. I just finished 4 week training and gained 1 lb. and was very happy - such is the way of the device. Tomorrow I will do some Thumbless WW and that is a B@#@$

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you Matt! I don't select events solely on how well I can perform in them-Example- last 2 OSH I had IM BB pinch block with 7 3/8" hands not ideal- I go with personal grip philosophy. Have heard from many to eliminate KP and pickaxe so I will next year. SB you will excel after few sessions- but totally different than 20MM as I gave an unnamed person a gripper I can 20MM x2 and he could not close MMS. However, he can do a few sec better on SB. Being sanctioned and leaderboard tracked I could not help people at my contests physically to use the block and close gripper- it takes some coordination. SB is not a leaderboard tracked so I can hold the bullet for competitors if they wish- have seen it done in a big German grip contest. Take less time, too:)

Totally understand.  I just think if a guy is has that rare shot at setting a WR he should do it.  Who else is going to use that implement in a comp?   I guess as long as DH is cool with you doing it the way you're thinking then problem solved. 

Edited by RagingTrain
changed wording
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

Totally understand.  I just think if a guy is has that rare shot at setting a WR he should do it.  Who else is going to use it?   I guess as long as DH is cool with you doing it the way you're thinking then problem solved. 

I will have to be in the low 90s on that as DH is the best on that device and have feeling he will set it around 90lb

• Like 1

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

I will have to be in the low 90s on that as DH is the best on that device and have feeling he will set it around 90lb

You were able to get one, right?  How much are you doing now - if you care to divulge?  Also what size is that ball?  

I think you would only gain any significant advantage if you did the percentage based scoring.  I know you normally aim your contest at beginners.  

1 hour ago, RagingTrain said:

You were able to get one, right?  How much are you doing now - if you care to divulge?  Also what size is that ball?  

I think you would only gain any significant advantage if you did the percentage based scoring.  I know you normally aim your contest at beginners.  

Finnish ball is very well-made and designed really for all hand sizes- truly tests KP. Yesterday was only 3x ever trying device and was/ felt great improvement over last hold. Still nowhere near my capabilities as I stopped all KP for 3 months and no single KP for over 6 months. I advertise to all gyms, MMA gyms, military, etc but many egos involved and people get humbled when I show them devices. I also advertise on Gripboard💪JCE was suppose to attend but first year he in Cali and last year maybe he was "retired".

Edited by Kluv#0
Additional info
  • Like 1