Cletus is Coming for you Swedish Fish!

Mike Rinderle

Lis'n here Fishbait. Half ways ta two hunert n five pounds.  Come 'bout November y'all gonna have a fight on yer hands.  (This message sponsored by the US Tobacco Co. & Tractor Supply Co.)

@David_wigren

Pull Ups X 10

Dragon Flag Reps

The DFs weren't great, but I was whooped.  

COME GITCHA SUM FISH BOY!

• Like 1

The DF’s were still pretty bad ass considering that you werent able to do them at all just a month ago and now you’re knocking out reps.

I’m gonna go and get a gym membership soon so I can do a proper max pull up set on a good pullup bar with some good grip. Prepare to get wrecked!😄

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

The DF’s were still pretty bad ass considering that you werent able to do them at all just a month ago and now you’re knocking out reps.

I’m gonna go and get a gym membership soon so I can do a proper max pull up set on a good pullup bar with some good grip. Prepare to get wrecked!😄

I need to find a taller bar for sure.  Add 39 lbs to your 200 to truly dominate me.  Lol

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Apparently all your friends (4) watched my pull up video.  Most thumbs down I have ever gotten on any video.  Haha

Can't wait to see how many you crank out buddy.

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Apparently all your friends (4) watched my pull up video.  Most thumbs down I have ever gotten on any video.  Haha

Can't wait to see how many you crank out buddy.

I spent a whole afternoon creating fake accounts to add dislikes to your video (I don’t have any friends). 

Naw, just kidding bro. But I think people are disliking it because of the tippy toes on the floor.

I’m about 85ish kg right now with clothes on. I figured that if I do them with an extra 25 kg plate it should be about equal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I spent a whole afternoon creating fake accounts to add dislikes to your video (I don’t have any friends). 

Naw, just kidding bro. But I think people are disliking it because of the tippy toes on the floor.

I’m about 85ish kg right now with clothes on. I figured that if I do them with an extra 25 kg plate it should be about equal.

I figured.  Like I said, need a 9 foot bar.  With a 7, I'd have to do L sit pullups not to touch at bottom. Wasn't pushing off though.  I think it would be easier with a higher bar.  Could get some stretch reflex at the bottom.

Just did a max set on a soccer goal post outside while walking my dog, no warm up. I don’t want to scare you, but I can do alot of pullups 😎 did the most I’ve ever done. And I know I can usually do a few more reps in a gym setting with chalk and warm up. They were with what I call ”common form”, meaning that while they’re not competition strict they’re still stricter than how you see most people perform them at the gym. Chin over the bar on every rep but I don’t fully lock out at the bottom on every rep. Dead hang in the beginning but some kipping toward the end. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Just did a max set on a soccer goal post outside while walking my dog, no warm up. I don’t want to scare you, but I can do alot of pullups 😎 did the most I’ve ever done. And I know I can usually do a few more reps in a gym setting with chalk and warm up. They were with what I call ”common form”, meaning that while they’re not competition strict they’re still stricter than how you see most people perform them at the gym. Chin over the bar on every rep but I don’t fully lock out at the bottom on every rep. Dead hang in the beginning but some kipping toward the end. 

I just want 20 reps when I get to 205.  I'll die a happy man at that point.  Lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I just want 20 reps when I get to 205.  I'll die a happy man at that point.  Lol

I remember the first time doing 20 pullups. Some time in Jan-feb 2014, also on a soccer goal, funny enough😅 . It was an amazing feeling!

Awesome, great weight loss progress. So how many pounds have to come off before you get the one arm pull up?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome, great weight loss progress. So how many pounds have to come off before you get the one arm pull up?

I'd have to cut off both legs and 1 arm.  Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'd have to cut off both legs and 1 arm.  Lol

I want results, not excuses. Tho this is really gonna hurt your mile time.

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, David_wigren said:

They were with what I call ”common form”, meaning that while they’re not competition strict they’re still stricter than how you see most people perform them at the gym. Chin over the bar on every rep but I don’t fully lock out at the bottom on every rep. Dead hang in the beginning but some kipping toward the end. 

Your definition of "common form" is the greatest thing I've read all day.  I'm adopting this immediately.  It describes exactly how I do pull ups when I'm just challenging myself to get better.  I love it.  Common form.     

16 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Your definition of "common form" is the greatest thing I've read all day.  I'm adopting this immediately.  It describes exactly how I do pull ups when I'm just challenging myself to get better.  I love it.  Common form.     

Common form is for you commoners.  If you're not tapping your toes on each rep, you are just taking the easy way out.  🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, Cannon said:

Haha, yeah I like it aswell becuase most people can immediately recognize it. Strict pullups on the other hand are so hard to access since everyone does them differently. Some do wide pullups, which are hard but will reduce range of motion. Some even go suuuper wide so they only have 4-5 inches of motion to complete a rep. Which in my mind makes them not strict, but many others will disagree with me on that. Some do pauses at the bottom and the top. Some do slow, others do fast. It’s a mess. Depending on the execution, my strict number of pullups will differ with 30-40%.