MarcoBuhl

Larratt vs. Todd | Livestream

kasparov
1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

https://youtu.be/mYN5XckuKDQ

so if humble Devon is back, i might be willing to go 180 on my opinion of him..

and so no one thinks im a hater across the board, i DO think Devon is one of the greatest arm wrestlers ever. Just been disgusted with his mantra as of late.

To be fair to Devon I know if the other puller has been talking crap about him prior to the match then Devon won't hold back verbally at the match, like with Mask and Jerry who both spoke alot of crap in thr lead up and Jerry talked alot of shit on northeast arm board years back when he and Devon were meant to pull.

• Like 1

Tommy J.
41 minutes ago, kasparov said:

To be fair to Devon I know if the other puller has been talking crap about him prior to the match then Devon won't hold back verbally at the match, like with Mask and Jerry who both spoke alot of crap in thr lead up and Jerry talked alot of shit on northeast arm board years back when he and Devon were meant to pull.

Oh wow i had no idea that Jerry had spoke ill of Devon.. that is actually surprising.

ive never met Jerry, and just always assumed based off how quiet he was in his matches that he was quiet in general. In that case, shame on Jerry. 

But still, Devon has too much talent for shit talk to be a part of his game. He doesnt need it. Compare it to a football game where the winning team is already up 20pts in the 4th quarter with less than a minute on the clock and the winning team goes for the 2pt conversion after the last touchdown they just scored. At that point, its simply insult just to be insulting.

He (Devon) is creeping up on possibly taking John’s spot as being the greatest arm wrestler ever, imo. And part of what made John so revered as the greatest, other than his consistent wins for decades, was the fact that he had an obvious humble demeanor and high level of respect for the sport. For Refs, pullers, etc. i mean it was hard NOT to like the guy...

ive said it many times in the past.. i actually enjoy being proven wrong. I hope Devon proves me wrong and comes with the humble approach against Denis. If he does, and then wins, even the Rusky’s will love him after he beats Denis.

not at all saying a champ shouldnt have some personality.. only saying that if you want to be remembered as the greatest, then your gonna have to have the “good guy” thing going for you as well.

And since this is the grip board, i’ll offer this comparison.. what if Nathan Holle, or Kody Burns, or David Horne were all total pricks to the competition?.. 

if that was the case, we’d all love to see them out done so they can hurry up and be forgotten.

Edited by Tommy J.

kasparov
1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Oh wow i had no idea that Jerry had spoke ill of Devon.. that is actually surprising.

ive never met Jerry, and just always assumed based off how quiet he was in his matches that he was quiet in general. In that case, shame on Jerry. 

But still, Devon has too much talent for shit talk to be a part of his game. He doesnt need it. Compare it to a football game where the winning team is already up 20pts in the 4th quarter with less than a minute on the clock and the winning team goes for the 2pt conversion after the last touchdown they just scored. At that point, its simply insult just to be insulting.

He (Devon) is creeping up on possibly taking John’s spot as being the greatest arm wrestler ever, imo. And part of what made John so revered as the greatest, other than his consistent wins for decades, was the fact that he had an obvious humble demeanor and high level of respect for the sport. For Refs, pullers, etc. i mean it was hard NOT to like the guy...

ive said it many times in the past.. i actually enjoy being proven wrong. I hope Devon proves me wrong and comes with the humble approach against Denis. If he does, and then wins, even the Rusky’s will love him after he beats Denis.

not at all saying a champ shouldnt have some personality.. only saying that if you want to be remembered as the greatest, then your gonna have to have the “good guy” thing going for you as well.

And since this is the grip board, i’ll offer this comparison.. what if Nathan Holle, or Kody Burns, or David Horne were all total pricks to the competition?.. 

if that was the case, we’d all love to see them out done so they can hurry up and be forgotten.

I don't think Devon is going to be rude to Denis, apparently prior to the Pushkar match, Andrey and Zoloev were poking fun at Devon for having skinny arms, in other words Pushkar was going to Destroy him.

So that explains why Devon started taunting Andrey at 3rd round when he knew Andrey couldnt do anything.

John was always respectful, which is why everyone respects him in in return.

You're right about Devon creeping up on John though, he has had a great career and has travelled the world giving armwrestling seminars.

Going to be a great match with Denis I think, around 9 or 10 weeks away.

Mikael Siversson

As a casual armwrestling fan I just find Todd's style a bit strange. Maybe Devon could have used his bodyweight better in the fifth round if he was simply heavier. Looked a bit comical when he was hanging off Todd's arm.

• Like 1

EricMilfeld

But what an incredibly dramatic match. Came right down to the wire!

• Like 1

Roger Roberson

Yeah I find it incredible that Tod can use that form and have so much power . It’s super awkward position to try and wrestle .  Was super kool after the match them showing compassion for each other though. Trash talk just builds adrenaline it’s all kool at the end though.