Larratt vs. Todd | Livestream

MarcoBuhl

Michael "under the table" Todd

sorry, but this is NO ARMWRESTLING. It's legal, BUT it's the same like lifting the Rolling Thunder while doing a half side-split. 

-----

comment from another guy:

The problem with the "king's move" is that in the case of Todd it's not a move - it's just a bone lock. Just to compare - people were telling that Devon used "king's move" against Mask - yes, he did. Devon's bicep and forearm were extremely used when he did "king's move". Todd on the other hand doesn't even sweat when he does "king's move" simply because he hardly uses any muscle, it's just a bone lock, so he doesn't loose any energy. Real "king's move" (not the bone lock) like the one Devon used against Mask - is a very tough move where you have to use all the muscles, it's not a "run away" move. Todd tactic puts an unwanted shadow on a normal "king's move" which is not a move where you can take a nap while your opponent tries to do something. Just watch Devon's king's move vs Mask and see the difference. Real "king's move" is hard to do. Todd's bone lock makes the king's move like a "cheat" technique.

-----

Edited by MarcoBuhl
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MarcoBuhl said:

Michael "under the table" Todd

sorry, but this is NO ARMWRESTLING. It's legal, BUT it's the same like lifting the Rolling Thunder while doing a half side-split. 

-----

comment from another guy:

The problem with the "king's move" is that in the case of Todd it's not a move - it's just a bone lock. Just to compare - people were telling that Devon used "king's move" against Mask - yes, he did. Devon's bicep and forearm were extremely used when he did "king's move". Todd on the other hand doesn't even sweat when he does "king's move" simply because he hardly uses any muscle, it's just a bone lock, so he doesn't loose any energy. Real "king's move" (not the bone lock) like the one Devon used against Mask - is a very tough move where you have to use all the muscles, it's not a "run away" move. Todd tactic puts an unwanted shadow on a normal "king's move" which is not a move where you can take a nap while your opponent tries to do something. Just watch Devon's king's move vs Mask and see the difference. Real "king's move" is hard to do. Todd's bone lock makes the king's move like a "cheat" technique.

-----

I agree 100% with this. Couldn’t have been said better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

As far as I know doesn't Todd have a mechanical bone lock in his arm because he broke it once, so his arm is unable to bend in a natural way? With the Kings move he is able to take his arm perfectly into this mechanical bone lock, so he basically just have to sit there doing nothing. Like the post above made clear, it is nowhere near the same thing when Todd does it compared to everyone else.

It is extremely unfair for sure. Legal or not, it is not respectable in any way and his wins are not to be taken seriously imo.

I would say the same applies to Oleg because he has a mutated arm. He has more muscle in it than the rest of us, and while it is awesome seeing him destroying everyone, I don't really take his wins seriously. 

please no genetic discussions. We had enough of this here on the board. :)

I just meant his style...

43 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I don't care that Devon lost. And I know his fans are very delusional. 

I simply don't respect the way Todd armwrestles, and I don't think it should be legal. Even though Devon disagree, many do not. John for example. 

Matter of opinion, nothing more. 

Yup, must have been the ugliest victory I've seen since Greece won the Euros in 2004.

A victory is a victory, some do it with style and some don't.

I am also not a Devon fan. He’s great but I think he crosses the line and gets disrespectful but so does Todd and Todd has roid rage outbursts. I just don’t like seeing Todd’s style being allowed 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 3:57 PM, Tommy J. said:

Excuses excuses. I asked earlier, on youtube AND here.

others have beat Todds kings move. Including Brzenk, Pushkar, Jerry C., etc. why could Larratt not beat him?

it is hilarious the amount of disdain that non pullers have for Todds kings move. Even Larratt himself disagrees with you. Devon said himself that its far more sophisticated than it looks, and he respects Todd. 

Whats even more bizarre to hear out of Devons fans is one i read somewhere that Devon was “just conserving himself for Denis”

sheeeeiiiit.. at this point, Devon fans would make up any excuse they can.

Devon knows he got out performed, and was finally humbled for the first time in a long time. Now his fans just need to follow suit and stop being in denial.

You know Tommy, I am so sick of people complaining about arm wrestling technique as if it’s supposed to be like grade school cafeteria garbage. These people that know nothing about it, these people that say “he didn’t only use his arm”.... these people that don’t realize that if one only used their arm they would break it! And that the whole body works as a unit! Not just as an individual body part.  Man it burns me to no end! It’s more of a combat/strength sport that requires a strategy much like a chess game at arm breaking speed ! Todd’s strategy overcame that day!  Whether we agree with it or not is not relevant if it’s legal. People love to steal hard working guys thunder! You won because of this or you won because of that!!! 😢😢😢😢😢 people that most likely never competed in anything in their lives. No man is an island and no man is Superman. Any man can be beaten on any given day. Let’s give the man who wins his credit! And everybody said..... AMEN!!!!!

Edited by Guest

I find it always hilarious how easy some guys get in RAGE 🙃

@Tommy J. You are a Todd Fanboy and i am a Larrat Fanboy 🤗 Todds armwrestling style sux. Just my opinion. 

@Joseph Sullivan Do not take everything so serious on social media. Its a waste of time. 

8 hours ago, MarcoBuhl said:

I find it always hilarious how easy some guys get in RAGE 🙃

@Tommy J. You are a Todd Fanboy and i am a Larrat Fanboy 🤗 Todds armwrestling style sux. Just my opinion. 

@Joseph Sullivan Do not take everything so serious on social media. Its a waste of time. 

You are mistaking passion for rage  @MarcoBuhl! I forgot in this day of how easily some get offended  by people’s passions that it  may melt some snow flakes hearts. In this day and age we must “control ourselves”. As men, we must downplay our passions so as not to hurt anyone’s feelings. Must be all the red meat I eat Marco! Haha 🤡🤡🤡

Edited by Guest

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Tommy J. said:

https://youtu.be/Yc-NyGnVKvI

Go Michael! It was good to see Devons mouth running get stopped. He has been highly disrespectful this year across the board.

couple things of note here incase there ends up being a bunch of Devon fan boys trying to hate on Monster like we see on youtube..

1. Yes, the kings move is ugly.. but its not illegal, and its also not easy to be good at. Only other puller i know of that can successfully perform a kings move besides Todd is Crazy George. If it were easy to win that way, everyone would do it.

2. Others have beat Todds king move. Why couldnt Devon?.. the answer is-he wasnt strong enough.

3. The 1 match where Todd stayed above the table, Devon got flashed.

4. The Larratt high endurance myth just got busted. It would appear his endurance isnt what everyone though it was.

5. Did everyone see Devon climbing all over the table trying to keep up?😂 that was hilarious!

i used to enjoy watching Larratt win when he was a humble giant. Now im glad to see him get beat. 🖕🏻 

haha Tommy that was you posting all that crap on youtube!!? I can tell by the points you were making hehe

1. So why does Todd go the hard route if no one else does it? Is it due to his bent arm or bone lock? For the record Brzenk hates Todd's style, I don't like it either but it is what it is.

2. Devon has beat Todd's move convincingly in 2011, he is probably a little out of shape, and also wasn't able to successfully climb up Todd's hand like in 2011, it was still a super close match, and the only thing that kept Devon from pinning Todd in that 5th round was that bone lock, I mean his arm was completely stretched out, its extremely hard to pin unless you get some kind of leverage which Michael doesn't give you being under the table and having his arm totally straight kind of like a crow bar sitting on the table lol

3. Yep Devon got surprised no doubt, I wish Todd tried that once more after that :)

4. His endurance is excellent, and always was...Todd's on the other hand is through the stratosphere :) But I'm sure Devon will be working on his endurance/fitness more now.

5. Yeah was quite funny, he was trying to get some kind of leverage, was just stuck in that position, if Todd just stood up it would have been over.

Everyone loses, that was Devon first 5/6 round supermatch loss since Tavas Ivakin in 2006, not bad at all.

Monster is always tough for anyone in the world and can take 2 rounds from anyone on the planet, Devon will probably beat him next time, so he should cherish this moment, and his a super nice guy too. Just wish he stood up like everyone else and not play on his bent arm/bone lock so much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

What i also find interesting is that Todd has been using his technique for years with no protests.

but now all of a sudden since he silenced princess Larratt, everybody objects and calls it cheating. What that tells me is that Devons fans really do worship him. 

Like Todds style or not, none of you, or anyone you know personally can beat Todd in a head up match where he abides by “your” rules. Unless your friends with a top 10 contender that is.

I have met michael face to face on more than a few occasions. Ive been to a practice at Michaels house in the past, And i watched him destroy Bruce Jones all day, head to head. Many were there that day that thought they could contend with Michael, and not a single person was strong enough to give him a match, let alone force him into a kings move. Including Bruce, which was surprising. Bruce is strong af, and got flashed by Michael every time, head up with michael above the table all day.

which was a bummer.. i actually had looked forward to seeing his kings move in person for some reason.

It's just fanboys being fanboys and youtube at that....take it with a grain of salt....not much there.

Todd's had this ugly style for a long time, I personally asked Brzenk in 2013 what he thought of Michael and he said that his whole style was a joke and that it gave a bad message to kids learning the sport, but each to there own, and if the rules allow it so be it, but he'll never get respect for pulling like that, believe me if he stands up he will lose to everyone. He's still really strong though, the king's move tires the f**k out of his opponents then he makes that quick transition to shoulder press and boom, works like a charm even against Denis and Pushkar.

For the record Devon has been disrespectful to pullers that have said crap about him leading up to the match, like Cadorette and Mask, he was cool with Michael has respect for him.

I'm a big Larrat fan, being a tall guy myself, it seems at times he's using height and technique against an army of huge mass monsters.

Still, I don't think it takes away from Todd's performance. The way I see it- if you get beat, you get beat. That's just life.

3 hours ago, Drygord said:

I'm a big Larrat fan, being a tall guy myself, it seems at times he's using height and technique against an army of huge mass monsters.

Still, I don't think it takes away from Todd's performance. The way I see it- if you get beat, you get beat. That's just life.

Exactly no excuses. Devon is humble in defeat and a big fan of Todd. He will get better from this, and I think it's just what he needed before his fight with Denis.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

https://youtu.be/mYN5XckuKDQ

so if humble Devon is back, i might be willing to go 180 on my opinion of him..

and so no one thinks im a hater across the board, i DO think Devon is one of the greatest arm wrestlers ever. Just been disgusted with his mantra as of late.

To be fair to Devon I know if the other puller has been talking crap about him prior to the match then Devon won't hold back verbally at the match, like with Mask and Jerry who both spoke alot of crap in thr lead up and Jerry talked alot of shit on northeast arm board years back when he and Devon were meant to pull.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Oh wow i had no idea that Jerry had spoke ill of Devon.. that is actually surprising.

ive never met Jerry, and just always assumed based off how quiet he was in his matches that he was quiet in general. In that case, shame on Jerry. 

But still, Devon has too much talent for shit talk to be a part of his game. He doesnt need it. Compare it to a football game where the winning team is already up 20pts in the 4th quarter with less than a minute on the clock and the winning team goes for the 2pt conversion after the last touchdown they just scored. At that point, its simply insult just to be insulting.

He (Devon) is creeping up on possibly taking John’s spot as being the greatest arm wrestler ever, imo. And part of what made John so revered as the greatest, other than his consistent wins for decades, was the fact that he had an obvious humble demeanor and high level of respect for the sport. For Refs, pullers, etc. i mean it was hard NOT to like the guy...

ive said it many times in the past.. i actually enjoy being proven wrong. I hope Devon proves me wrong and comes with the humble approach against Denis. If he does, and then wins, even the Rusky’s will love him after he beats Denis.

not at all saying a champ shouldnt have some personality.. only saying that if you want to be remembered as the greatest, then your gonna have to have the “good guy” thing going for you as well.

And since this is the grip board, i’ll offer this comparison.. what if Nathan Holle, or Kody Burns, or David Horne were all total pricks to the competition?.. 

if that was the case, we’d all love to see them out done so they can hurry up and be forgotten.

I don't think Devon is going to be rude to Denis, apparently prior to the Pushkar match, Andrey and Zoloev were poking fun at Devon for having skinny arms, in other words Pushkar was going to Destroy him.

So that explains why Devon started taunting Andrey at 3rd round when he knew Andrey couldnt do anything.

John was always respectful, which is why everyone respects him in in return.

You're right about Devon creeping up on John though, he has had a great career and has travelled the world giving armwrestling seminars.

Going to be a great match with Denis I think, around 9 or 10 weeks away.

As a casual armwrestling fan I just find Todd's style a bit strange. Maybe Devon could have used his bodyweight better in the fifth round if he was simply heavier. Looked a bit comical when he was hanging off Todd's arm.

But what an incredibly dramatic match. Came right down to the wire!

Yeah I find it incredible that Tod can use that form and have so much power . It’s super awkward position to try and wrestle .  Was super kool after the match them showing compassion for each other though. Trash talk just builds adrenaline it’s all kool at the end though.

• 2 weeks later...