Meeting Travis Bagent

Met Travis Bagent at the Syracuse Fairgrounds during an AW tournament and grip competition held by Jedd Johnson. Dude was a class act. Very humble and interested in hearing about grip. Anything you see of him trash talking is definitely part of his tactic for AW alone. He was a great dude! He even tried some of the implements such as the wrist wrench and napalms nightmare 2 3/8. He pulled 101.5 I believe on the WW and did a play around pull with the NN of 319 which was a joke and nowhere near his capabilities. . he did not even pull it all the way on the crane scale. I estimate him being close to 400 on it. 

ACEDBC8F-6D9E-4768-BF5A-69B0ED8F6348.jpeg

H

Edited by Guest

Just now, Tommy J. said:

Travis is a good dude.

every tournament, practice, or venue I've been at when he was also there was always fun. Hella strong and knowledgable as well.

Dude he actually called me over to him.... said he was impressed with my size/appearance ! Haha! I was very humbled that a guy of his caliber would do that. We spoke for about 5 minutes about grip and he was very interested in it and not trying to change the subject to him like some guys would . He told me I would be a natural at AW and should give it a try. I didn’t even have to ask him for a picture... he said “let’s take a picture”!! Haha great fella!

I’ve always liked Travis. He’s anentertaining guy. His behavior on the table is mostly just tactics. Sure, there are a few cases where he may have been a bit disrespectful on the table but that’s understandable considering that armwrestling is a contact sport. It’s only natural that guys get a little frustrated and mad with each other from time to time. 

I heard that he will be going to Moldava in a few weeks. Both Oleg and Pushkar is likely to show up aswell. Travis against Oleg or Pushkar would be a VERY interesting matchup!

30 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I’ve always liked Travis. He’s anentertaining guy. His behavior on the table is mostly just tactics. Sure, there are a few cases where he may have been a bit disrespectful on the table but that’s understandable considering that armwrestling is a contact sport. It’s only natural that guys get a little frustrated and mad with each other from time to time. 

I heard that he will be going to Moldava in a few weeks. Both Oleg and Pushkar is likely to show up aswell. Travis against Oleg or Pushkar would be a VERY interesting matchup!

Yes he is very entertaining Dave. He was a pleasure to meet! 

Gotta admit- when I first watched Pulling John I was rooting for Voevoda to beat Travis! Watched the movie a few years later and changed my mind, was definitely rooting for Travis and was stoked when he beat him in the first match.

1 hour ago, Drygord said:

Gotta admit- when I first watched Pulling John I was rooting for Voevoda to beat Travis! Watched the movie a few years later and changed my mind, was definitely rooting for Travis and was stoked when he beat him in the first match.

Ha ha I actually just watched that last night! Seen It a few times! It was a great dude in person bro! You can see on the film that he came from some humble upbringing! He made it!