Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

Great stuff. Where did you get the ring?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great stuff. Where did you get the ring?

Thanks CEO,  I bought the rings from Barrel Strength Systems. I have had them for about 10 days but resting low back until today as  back was itching for a fight - harder than I thought. I love doing bat wings on a seal row bench set up so these rings will be ideal as Iam a Rhomboid fanatic:)

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/16/18 workout- WW lifted 101.3 lbs to 10" (PR) and BSS Highland Ring 360 LB NO hook first attempt- really like this- will use it a lot for B.W. -Planks and Back ext. x5 SS

Damn, that’s gotta hurt! Nice job!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Damn, that’s gotta hurt! Nice job!

Thanks Don, it really didn't hurt but I will approach the lift differently next time- will go slower and not try to be explosive with it.

• Like 1

9/17/18 early A.M. workout- wanted to get done as fast as possible so did bunch of tri-sets- best one shown below(BAAD MAN alert)

• Like 1

9/18/18 A.M. workout 2HP flask- 3 sets of 5 getting better/stronger- bad news- this was my 13th ever 2HP workout:( good news? This was my 13th ever 2HP workout:) I had severe tennis elbow(left) even prior to Grip and it stung like a MOFO every time I tried 2HP but now it is 100%- extensor work and overhand levertop probably helped. Broke out the Finnish ball for the second time after an my family 2 days ago wanted me to go get a goal on that KP device. Pulldowns 4x15, 1 arm DB rows 6x3-20 -  I was reminded of my Highland Ring work of coupe days ago! Inc. shrugs 3x25. Not great highlight below but cant be blue skies every workout

• Like 2

9/19/18 late A.M. workout- IM hub 72.4 lbs x 5 easy reps went for 82lb max but only thumb punishment. FW left and right 10lb, 12lb, 15lb, 20lb, 25lb(left almost)

9/20/18 pullups 50 total reps(CC #2 handle, regular, fat gripz, neutral) Greshamgripper rows 5x, Pendlay rows 5x4, Grippul 5x 16, 12, 8, 6, 3,3. Plank/Back EXT. SS4x

• Like 1

9/21/18 A.M. workout- weaver stick 10x many, few sledge "feats", NN wrist curls 5x many, hip-belt squats 7x 10-20, ham sliders 4x, glute walkouts 3x, glute bridges 5x. Fat gripz BWT hang 1 min. Only "highlight" I shared on big board.

9/24/18 A.M. workout great mood after wonderful weekend with family and watching TW get #80!! IM hub work, FW 10, 15, 20 plus some SS with the hub, BSS flask - was not going to try for PR but felt good and did fairly easy 182.7 lb. well higher than 7.5"- at my size anything over 190 is respectable and Iam closing in for sure. I thank the gentleman/grip legend who is helping me with my pinch- I wont share his name as he may not want me to do so- but what a smart, kind man!! below is couple of "highlights" Surround with positive yet honest people not pretentious and jealousy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/24/18 A.M. workout great mood after wonderful weekend with family and watching TW get #80!! IM hub work, FW 10, 15, 20 plus some SS with the hub, BSS flask - was not going to try for PR but felt good and did fairly easy 182.7 lb. well higher than 7.5"- at my size anything over 190 is respectable and Iam closing in for sure. I thank the gentleman/grip legend who is helping me with my pinch- I wont share his name as he may not want me to do so- but what a smart, kind man!! below is couple of "highlights" Surround with positive yet honest people not pretentious and jealousy.

Great work buddy!

• Like 1

9/25/18 A.M. DB tosses warmup, IM axle 1 arm DL- easy 184lb. x 3 after no touch for many months, WW thumbless worked up to 77lbs x4, NN wrist curls 10x heavy. Biceps and Tricep SS throughout 20x each

• Like 2

Finished wrist work instead of tonite due to dinner plans. Sledge work- below vid done after 5 various weighted  holds:) sledge is 32 5/8" and stamped 10lb weighs (11.3) added 2.6lb plate

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Finished wrist work instead of tonite due to dinner plans. Sledge work- below vid done after 5 various weighted  holds:) sledge is 32 5/8" and stamped 10lb weighs (11.3) added 2.6lb plate

That’s cool dude! Never thought to set a plate on top!!! Great idea man! And strong work!

9/26/18 A.M. workout-  SS band laterals/rear, face pull holds 5 x total 1 min, military press 135xmany, close grip axle worked up to nasty x 10, Cieri burnouts 2x-

9/25/18 late afternoon held 76.3 lb IM Hub for 4 seconds!! Top 5 hubbers in North America W/O question

I could do that much on the hub easy.  38.2lbs X 2!!!!!:D

Very nice!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I could do that much on the hub easy.  38.2lbs X 2!!!!!:D

Very nice!

You the man CEO of Rows, Inc. !! I will put you in the top 6:) Thanks buddy

18 months ago, me lifting Jareds baby inch lift 137lb Thumbless and regular. I had only 7 months grip training at time- much, much ,much stronger now. I lifted baby inch x4 times first time ever trying-3 weeks grip training.

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

18 months ago, me lifting Jareds baby inch lift 137lb Thumbless and regular. I had only 7 months grip training at time- much, much ,much stronger now. I lifted baby inch x4 times first time ever trying-3 weeks grip training.

Isn’t it amazing what a mere 35 pounds does with the full size 172? Literally makes it where some guys can never lift it.... yet easily lift the 137.  Grip is crazy

I have never tried lifting 172 inch- someone PM and asked if I could lift the Inch DB  based on watching my 1 arm axle and inquired what I can do on 2.5" crusher- that is why I shared above vid. I like my chances today vs 18 month ago on getting air at least on Inch DB right now for sure.  Over 205lb on 1 arm IM axle, over 101lb on fairly straight arm WW DL and ability to get 175 plus on 2.5" - I like my odds.

Edited by Kluv#0

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have never tried lifting 172 inch- someone PM and asked if I could lift the Inch DB  based on watching my 1 arm axle and inquired what I can do on 2.5" crusher- that is why I shared above vid. I like my chances today vs 18 month ago on getting air at least on Inch DB right now for sure.  Over 205lb on 1 arm IM axle, over 101lb on fairly straight arm WW DL and ability to get 175 plus on 2.5" - I like my odds.

I would put money on you.  In fact, I think you could lift it with 0 tilt in your first session.  You have great open hand strength and super strong wrists. Even though they vary quite a bit, I doubt there's an Inch out there you couldn't lift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I would bet a weeks pay you can lift the inch now.

39 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Isn’t it amazing what a mere 35 pounds does with the full size 172? Literally makes it where some guys can never lift it.... yet easily lift the 137.  Grip is crazy

And I wasn’t saying you couldn’t lift it then or now... I was using the info of many people that I’ve seen or spoken to  that can easily lift the 137. But never lifting the inch after years of trying. That 35 pounds makes or breaks them. So crazy.

32 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I would put money on you.  In fact, I think you could lift it with 0 tilt in your first session.  You have great open hand strength and super strong wrists. Even though they vary quite a bit, I doubt there's an Inch out there you couldn't lift.

Thanks, I have been surprised by the amount of questions I get on certain things. On social media I had private accounts with no more than 10 followers and YT is a ghost town so many on Gripboard have never seen me or my certain lifts,etc besides Keypinch

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would bet a weeks pay you can lift the inch now.

No sure thing in life:) Funny thing is at the end of that workout I lifted the one easiest 50lb stub ever seen, LOL Reason why I bring that up is that is the only grip lift which today Iam not much better at. However, my "gym" lifts bench, military, biceps triceps, hip belt weaker now:( My back is stronger by a hair I guess