Kluv#0

Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

5/8/20 A.M. workout. DH lockdown challenge 34.19 seconds on Non-chalked hub(vid below)-makes it harder w/o question. Pullups, DB rows, RR & heavy wrist work. 

Kluv#0

5/12/20 Last workout prior to OSH'20 - Wood RR DL, Original WW 94.5 lbs held 5 seconds(vid below) Scapular retracts , 1 arm DB rows, Wrist work and hammer sledge curls(HARD ASF) Feel good about contest as my second "worst' event(out of 6)is over 100lbs on Original WW:) IM Hub will be done left hand as right middle finger is aggravated by hub use only-annoying.

• Like 1

Kluv#0

3 years ago today- lift for Autism charity. I was very new in Gripsport but had some thunder in that right hand and excellent core strength. Met some great individuals that I keep in contact to this day. 

Kluv#0

Picture of one of the hardest sledge feats in Gripsport- still have not seen it duplicated. Perspective- maybe 5% can front coin DL 8 lbs stamped sledge, maybe 2% can side coin DL a 12lb stamped sledge- now try doing both DL at same time without coin falling off. AT - you know it May 16th!! 

2011812489_wristfeat.png.95d1331b1ffa68b92f835066dc8a7b03.png

Kluv#0

5/19/20 FG pullups-35 total- set of 10 (vid below) @ 224 BWT, 2 x BWT hangs, and shoulders with IM axle front raise hold(vid below) excellent to wake up shoulders and/or finisher. OSH'20 was fun but very tiring(binged watched Ozark night before) I made a decision that we would use NON-chalked hub for 2HKP- I dislike seeing implements looking completely different due to chalk -I walked my talk. Opened with 120.61 lbs. but it felt heavier than usual and got my slightly dizzy. My next attempts were to reclaim WR(current is 121.91) but I had to add 2.5lbs as 1.25 added would have left me .05 short. 123.13 felt like I knew it would but happy that I managed air on 2 of the attempts. Overall, contest for hard with last events being wrist oriented and I felt my age at afterwards. Video of my opener 120.61 on my YouTube- which extended my 105kg and Master WR's

• Like 1

Kluv#0
Posted (edited)

5/21/20 Inch Replica DB(173) arrived this A.M. - Handle very slippery. I managed some air on my initial lifts( first ever attempt vid below) I think once handle gets some texture and my right hand gets stronger and is fully recovered I can lift it. Beautiful dumbbell from Slater's Hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9MMva5iw5M

811550156_inch3.png.72691d1dbd2fc66225428aa565cf9162.pngInch1.jpg.10cfc4ced2213498741e346c7f025362.jpg1891789557_inchdb2.jpg.cd521d364e0aba35f5673dfb65b57356.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0
include name of manufacturer
  • Like 3

mfin77

Very nice, where did you order that from

• Like 1

Kluv#0
10 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

Very nice, where did you order that from

I ordered from Steve Slater of Slater's hardware. I will put that in my above post- Thanks

mfin77

You will have that up in no time, how big are your hands 

• Like 1

WestSlope

Cool! Is the handle slippery because you had it turned to exactly 2 3/8"?

• Like 1

Kluv#0
3 hours ago, mfin77 said:

You will have that up in no time, how big are your hands 

Thanks. Hands are 7 3/8" palm crease to tip middle finger and 8 1/4" hand span thumb to pinky. 

2 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Cool! Is the handle slippery because you had it turned to exactly 2 3/8"?

Sorry, but I don't understand... First thing I noticed was the silver handle and how slippery it was when I was moving it off the crate. I put Mighty Mitts chalk on the handle but still slippery.

Kluv#0

5/23/20 Progress on my Inch replica DB(173) video below and 2HKP (Griptopz) timed hold PR for me- 36kg - 37.25 seconds- vid below. Planks to finish

Kluv#0

5/25/20 Bar hangs, FG hang, biceps- PR on 1 arm IM axle curl with NO collars- 73 lbs. (vid below), Parris & Pony.

Kluv#0

5/27/20 Session 3 of Thomas Inch replica DB (173lbs) good improvement(vids below) still long way from a good lift but not scared of the bell only respect it. Slater's hardware Thomas Inch replica DB- very nicely made.

• Like 4

Fist of Fury

I thought you would make it on the first attempt before you got yourself the Inch. After seeing your first attempt I thought, he will get it at the second or third training session. I was wrong but the fourth training session is when you're going to lock it out, I don't think you can get much closer than that, so next time you'll get it 💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kluv#0
20 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I thought you would make it on the first attempt before you got yourself the Inch. After seeing your first attempt I thought, he will get it at the second or third training session. I was wrong but the fourth training session is when you're going to lock it out, I don't think you can get much closer than that, so next time you'll get it 💪

Thanks for watching Emil! I think a few more WC Keypinch sessions and that should do it :)

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Seems you lift it rather easily, perhaps volume singels with short distance lifts would be beneficial. To let the hand learn it's mechanics, feel etc 

Looks really fun, I hope I can get my hands on one. How does it feel overall and how is the rotational force? 😀

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 2

Kluv#0
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Seems you lift it rather easily, perhaps volume singels with short distance lifts would be beneficial. To let the hand learn it's mechanics, feel etc 

Looks really fun, I hope I can get my hands on one. How does it feel overall and how is the rotational force? 😀

Good point about hand mechanics, etc. Iam still learning what position of my hand and DB in relation to my legs. Iam very fast twitch and attempting to lift the Inch I have tried to slow it down somewhat(fast twitch not ideal on this brute) if that makes sense. Rotational force is ever present but for me the handle slickness and thickness is what makes the DB challenging. Thanks for checking it out. BTW, you will definitely love the DB once you give a ride!

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kluv#0

5/29/20 Close grip, Tate, PR on FBBC Grab Ball x 5, Pullups 40 total, FG hang, 3" Axle curls( 135 lb vid below) absolute battle but 15 rounds for this cat. JS no wig just quarantine hair.

Hopefully
On 5/27/2020 at 9:01 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Good point about hand mechanics, etc. Iam still learning what position of my hand and DB in relation to my legs. Iam very fast twitch and attempting to lift the Inch I have tried to slow it down somewhat(fast twitch not ideal on this brute) if that makes sense. Rotational force is ever present but for me the handle slickness and thickness is what makes the DB challenging. Thanks for checking it out. BTW, you will definitely love the DB once you give a ride!

Great!

With your wrist strength I guess you can mitigate the rotation pretty well. We have roughly the same hand size so it's inspiring to see you lifting it.

• Thanks 1

Kluv#0

David Horne lockdown challenge #2 - final day. My 4 attempts for the challenge were 32, 34, 37(PR) 34 seconds- ALL done on NON-chalked Griptopz shallow hub! Looking forward to taking a KP break and focus on new feats and goals.

786474624_baadman2.jpg.b5550e916aef899db3e64f7b180ecfaf.jpg

Kluv#0

Top 5 performances from DH lockdown challenge #2 and the Top 3 for WOG records. I beat the Masters WR by 10 seconds which was formally held by David Horne.  It was fun yet difficult challenge and something very new to me - very light, timed holds. Came away with the Masters WR so not too shabby. I forgot to weigh myself so was ineligible for 105 kg WR :( I weighed less than 226 lbs. for entire contest month May. Congrats to Sirko and Patricia for outstanding performances!

876621550_top5.thumb.png.9e66b4dc826292660222895c0183c69c.png

pic33.thumb.jpg.3925d1fa97431ae0c970ef1ae3d758bb.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0