Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

27 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Seems you lift it rather easily, perhaps volume singels with short distance lifts would be beneficial. To let the hand learn it's mechanics, feel etc 

Looks really fun, I hope I can get my hands on one. How does it feel overall and how is the rotational force? 😀

Good point about hand mechanics, etc. Iam still learning what position of my hand and DB in relation to my legs. Iam very fast twitch and attempting to lift the Inch I have tried to slow it down somewhat(fast twitch not ideal on this brute) if that makes sense. Rotational force is ever present but for me the handle slickness and thickness is what makes the DB challenging. Thanks for checking it out. BTW, you will definitely love the DB once you give a ride!

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

5/29/20 Close grip, Tate, PR on FBBC Grab Ball x 5, Pullups 40 total, FG hang, 3" Axle curls( 135 lb vid below) absolute battle but 15 rounds for this cat. JS no wig just quarantine hair.

David Horne lockdown challenge #2 - final day. My 4 attempts for the challenge were 32, 34, 37(PR) 34 seconds- ALL done on NON-chalked Griptopz shallow hub! Looking forward to taking a KP break and focus on new feats and goals.

786474624_baadman2.jpg.b5550e916aef899db3e64f7b180ecfaf.jpg

Top 5 performances from DH lockdown challenge #2 and the Top 3 for WOG records. I beat the Masters WR by 10 seconds which was formally held by David Horne.  It was fun yet difficult challenge and something very new to me - very light, timed holds. Came away with the Masters WR so not too shabby. I forgot to weigh myself so was ineligible for 105 kg WR :( I weighed less than 226 lbs. for entire contest month May. Congrats to Sirko and Patricia for outstanding performances!

876621550_top5.thumb.png.9e66b4dc826292660222895c0183c69c.png

pic33.thumb.jpg.3925d1fa97431ae0c970ef1ae3d758bb.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0

• 4 weeks later...

6/26/20 Flask, FBBC Grab Ball 152 lbs x 5 (vid Below) crusher and IM LBH 190 lbs (vid below) 4 singles at 190 lbs which is a end of workout PR for me- Fresh PR is 195 lbs. When I first started grip I hurt my right bicep doing vertical lift so I have been hesitant but getting confidence back. I will never be great at vertical but definitely above average.

6/27/20 WS DE, Country Crush pullups- 319 lb Total weight(vid below) :25 in vid my classic humor. Not a great rep but saw a vid from Tim Butler and decided to give it a try. 1 arm barbell curls and FG DB wrist curls.

6/29/20 Our 19years old cat is on her way and very sad times:(  Hornetop hold 65 KG for DH challenge #3- PR 18 seconds. Flask work, and finished with shrugs- yes, shrugs had not done for long, long time due to compression nature on my spine. However, I have seen couple of grip beasts Jason Dingey and ATG doing them with IM axle but I went easier route and used Rogue Oly bar(vid Below) 352 lbs x10. I tried 422 but reps were very scroungy, LOL

6/30/20 Inch DB thumbless attempts, Hip belt & 50 Lb U.S. Quarter Keypinch on a carabiner NOT string/chord- after long break from KP ( 4 weeks, LOL) Looking forward to the Rogue Dog bone pullup bar today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGkELDMC2b4

1823902182_USquarterKP50lbs.png.01d7c0f763b867f7659540c2e7afa84d.png

Rogue Fitness Dog Bone pullup bar just arrived- gave it a go( Vid Below) Love the bar!! Have some nice ideas for use. Iam officially tired

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Rogue Fitness Dog Bone pullup bar just arrived- gave it a go( Vid Below) Love the bar!! Have some nice ideas for use. Iam officially tired

Interesting training tool, I noticed Lucas Raymond sells a similar tool are you happy with the Rogue width?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerryg said:

Interesting training tool, I noticed Lucas Raymond sells a similar tool are you happy with the Rogue width?

It really is built like a tank and 5" globes and 3" handle just an incredible bar that will roast ones grip. I have a hard time staying away from grip on a daily basis but this beast will make sure I recover- my hands are toast this A.M.  I think you are correct about AA selling something similar - Iam very happy with my purchase(only 69 bucks!) just wish I would have acquired it earlier.

• Like 1

7/3/20 Beastly vid below. 300 lb CLOSE Grip on 3" axle superset with 10 pullups on Rogue Fitness dog bone. BWT 225 lbs. Finished with 275lbs x 10 on BSS Tips Tester. Steve Millard, ATG, T.L. Eric R. Jedd and maybe a few others could do that superset 

• Like 1

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans. From an older person to any youngsters- keep your head up, be kind, help when you can and ALWAYS be willing to listen to others situations and views. United States will heal no doubt in my mind!! 

7/4/20 Grab ball PR, fast reps 10x3 on LBH, Hammer curls, Original Saxon curl 110 x 1( was a battle as been away from this lift since my last PR in early March) FG DB wrist curl.

7/6/20 FBBC 2.25" Crusher PR, Pullup festival- Giant set finisher(vid below) Regular FG, "L-sit" Thumbless FGX, Towel and Rogue Dog bone. Prior, FG and L-sit sets, weighted Dog bone with vest x 5(happy) Extensors- I always do extensors after each workout but rarely mention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oPn_xnQC58

• Like 1

7/7/20  BSS Tips Tester 323 lbs x 2.5 reps(vid below)- crossbar 6.5" My estimate max is 340ish. Please use discretion on this device and go SLOW and build/condition those fingers. Johnny Hero effort does not work on the Tips Tester. I have 4 25kg, 2 20kg and 7.5 total weight( 2 x 2.5 & 2 x 1.25 separating plates as the plates enjoy pnching my fingers) Finished with planks and RR workout

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

That is impressive finger strength! Love this implement, but you are prudent to always include a word of warning. You must be very, very close to picking your Inch?

Thanks Beast! Back in 2016 TT was one of the first grip implements that made me realize I was pretty decent at grip. No doubt about warning labels- in life and in grip , LOL! Iam super close to full lockout for judging purposes but decided for month of July to keep cranking away at Thumbless attempts which is a horse of a different color. The nice thing about owning the Inch DB replica is I own it and have plenty of time to present a quality, pretty level lift. Steve, I appreciate the kind words and keep kicking ass and share your lifts on GB as you creeping up top 5 in North America grip w/o question. I saw your 308lbs ATB you freakin baad man

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I hadn't been training the ATB in a year. 308 was a bit surprising after ten sets of Crusher. I think I had a kilo or two in the tank, but stopped there because I want to strength the shoulder gradually. I expect some big boys will put up some big numbers soon. I saw @jasond had a set hanging on his wall. That guy's thick bar is soaring.

Wow, that is incredible thick bar AFTER doing crushers sets! I can see you capturing BWT WR if you wanted it. Yes, Jason is super strong. His all-around grip game is High- quality. Did you see his Euro pinch hold?  Crazy impressive

18 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

It looks like he is just getting warmed up.

I looking for Tim and Jason to put up some big numbers at Jedd's comp.

I agree. Tim has been dropping BWT and looks fantastic. He was pretty darn close to doing a double wrist wrench pullup last week, which I have only seen Eric R. accomplish.

5 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

The SB could go to Jedd or Jason. Jedd has to be the favorite for the Euro. Jason needs to hang tight to have a shot at the overall.  The NN could go to Jason, Jedd or Tim. Tim will take the LBH going away.

Where's your money?

Jedd is Jedd. Money will be on.. image below

Mountain Goat | Creatures of the World Wikia | Fandom

12 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

OK, but...I think Jason is in the fight 0d2fe499297b25ecde910b74aaea6e68.thumb.jpg.3dbca89b99e86843cb1acf84f9d7ca94.jpg

and Tim could be a spoilerimages-1.jpg.63f5c8da59266453adde4ea423d06c2c.jpg

Excellent wit Beast! BTW, I concur no doubt. 

7/10/20 Fat Gripz weighted Pull-ups -59 lb added x 2 x2  71lb added x 1 barely, regular weighted pullups 59lb added x 3, x 3, x3  92 lb added x 1 x 3/4, 102 added x 3/4, negative x 2, 114 lb added x not great , negative x 1, FG BWT pullups x 9 solid reps. Single arm farmers carry 185lb Oly barbell  (R) x 20-25ft (L) x 2 to get same distance. Shrugs, face pulls and planks to finish. Feel energized by new outlook despite our cat's last day. You cant change the past but you can learn from it.

7/11/20 Close grip 10" hands apart 325 x 2.  Strength standards link below. Those close grip results based on over 20,000 lifts. 310 lbs. max close grip at my age is considered elite. 

https://strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/close-grip-bench-press

RIP Lucy cat. Last photo taken yesterday. We had a wonderful run together

lucy1.jpg.a058ad4899308706aeb06dafac19091d.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0
Wanted to post my last pic(yesterday) with our 19 year old cat who passed today

7/12/20 Inspired grip workout.  Set 5 PR's in all lifts I did today - 1HP flask, 2.25" crusher, LBH, bar hang and rear pickaxe. 90 minutes of controlled emotion and much gratitude. Finished with Dog bone pullups and wrist plate curls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

7/12/20 Inspired grip workout.  Set 5 PR's in all lifts I did today - 1HP flask, 2.25" crusher, LBH, bar hang and rear pickaxe. 90 minutes of controlled emotion and much gratitude. Finished with Dog bone pullups and wrist plate curls.

Sounds like an awesome session mike. Gotta love days like that. Congrats on the PRs 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chez said:

Sounds like an awesome session mike. Gotta love days like that. Congrats on the PRs 

Thanks MM7 Beast! 

• Like 1

7/17/20 Fat Gripz pullups x 10 good form @ BWT 224lbs(Vid Below). Rogue Echo will be getting me down to 210ish with quickness. Thumbless FGX, hops- Dog Bone, split stance grab ball rows, grab ball DE 10 x 3, Wooden RR light pulldowns various combos. Finished with Miller levers left and right which was nice.