Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

4/21/20 Original WW 93 lbs. x 4(vid below) all lifts 11' or higher, absolute 1 arm rowing clinic 110lbs x 40(R) 35, 33, Left 33, 28, 22, 20. 1 arm barbell curls with no collars 64 x4, 3, 3(R) with sup press on last rep-very hard. Fat Gripz pullups 10, 8, & hangs 3 x 45 sec. Finished with 7-8 scroungy L-sits on RR and repeaters for 5 min as old cat was TIRED

4/23/20 Grippers, CC flexion and Towel pullups (vid below) 3 sets x 9, 8, 7 @ 226 BWT w/ clothes due to Pizza feast 3 days ago

pizza.jpg.838e397f21497dc98c2cb433b3763921.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Stop posting pictures like that, makes me hungry :D 

I apologize:) I was doing great with weight loss for next month contest(wanted to get under 205) but that Feast had consequences:( Next time I will post pic of Oatmeal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I apologize:) I was doing great with weight loss for next month contest(wanted to get under 205) but that Feast had consequences:( Next time I will post pic of Oatmeal!

Oatmeal can be nice but only if mixed with berries :D

It's probably the most boring thing you can eat if you don't mix something in it.

• Like 1

4/24/20 close grip, 99lb x 5,6 - 1 arm DB floor press( informative video below)pause on every rep, "try" to keep legs straight and neutral grip- your focus on this advanced floor press is tricep and core. Towel skulls and towel KB 2 hand hammer curls- I have been doing towel work last 3 weeks on various exercises - so far so good.

• Like 1

4/26/20 WW work, KP chilling (vid below) and 45 total FG pullups in tad bit over 9 minutes. IM hub, Finished with FG weighted hangs 345lbs. 3x10 seconds.

4/28/20 BSS 2H Flask 20 singles, BSS Flask KP 116 lb (vid below) Grab ball PR, Tips Tester, intense wrist work. 

5/1/20 A.M. Tate, DS pushups w/ backpack,  DH lockdown challenge 2HKP(Griptopz)hold, 3" axle curls, Pulldowns , FG 1 arm DB rows(vid below) FG wrist curls

5/3/20 ATB, Original WW thumb &  thumbless work(vid below) IM hub, extensors. Proud of PR on thumbless WW but IM hub was plain Awful(with a capital A)

2081440912_WW94_7lbs.png.6ebf14d6a9ccc0fafd79b009b353d769.png

5/8/20 A.M. workout. DH lockdown challenge 34.19 seconds on Non-chalked hub(vid below)-makes it harder w/o question. Pullups, DB rows, RR & heavy wrist work. 

5/12/20 Last workout prior to OSH'20 - Wood RR DL, Original WW 94.5 lbs held 5 seconds(vid below) Scapular retracts , 1 arm DB rows, Wrist work and hammer sledge curls(HARD ASF) Feel good about contest as my second "worst' event(out of 6)is over 100lbs on Original WW:) IM Hub will be done left hand as right middle finger is aggravated by hub use only-annoying.

• Like 1

3 years ago today- lift for Autism charity. I was very new in Gripsport but had some thunder in that right hand and excellent core strength. Met some great individuals that I keep in contact to this day. 

Picture of one of the hardest sledge feats in Gripsport- still have not seen it duplicated. Perspective- maybe 5% can front coin DL 8 lbs stamped sledge, maybe 2% can side coin DL a 12lb stamped sledge- now try doing both DL at same time without coin falling off. AT - you know it May 16th!! 

2011812489_wristfeat.png.95d1331b1ffa68b92f835066dc8a7b03.png

5/19/20 FG pullups-35 total- set of 10 (vid below) @ 224 BWT, 2 x BWT hangs, and shoulders with IM axle front raise hold(vid below) excellent to wake up shoulders and/or finisher. OSH'20 was fun but very tiring(binged watched Ozark night before) I made a decision that we would use NON-chalked hub for 2HKP- I dislike seeing implements looking completely different due to chalk -I walked my talk. Opened with 120.61 lbs. but it felt heavier than usual and got my slightly dizzy. My next attempts were to reclaim WR(current is 121.91) but I had to add 2.5lbs as 1.25 added would have left me .05 short. 123.13 felt like I knew it would but happy that I managed air on 2 of the attempts. Overall, contest for hard with last events being wrist oriented and I felt my age at afterwards. Video of my opener 120.61 on my YouTube- which extended my 105kg and Master WR's

5/21/20 Inch Replica DB(173) arrived this A.M. - Handle very slippery. I managed some air on my initial lifts( first ever attempt vid below) I think once handle gets some texture and my right hand gets stronger and is fully recovered I can lift it. Beautiful dumbbell from Slater's Hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9MMva5iw5M

811550156_inch3.png.72691d1dbd2fc66225428aa565cf9162.pngInch1.jpg.10cfc4ced2213498741e346c7f025362.jpg1891789557_inchdb2.jpg.cd521d364e0aba35f5673dfb65b57356.jpg

Edited by Kluv#0
include name of manufacturer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

Very nice, where did you order that from

I ordered from Steve Slater of Slater's hardware. I will put that in my above post- Thanks

3 hours ago, mfin77 said:

You will have that up in no time, how big are your hands 

Thanks. Hands are 7 3/8" palm crease to tip middle finger and 8 1/4" hand span thumb to pinky. 

2 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Cool! Is the handle slippery because you had it turned to exactly 2 3/8"?

Sorry, but I don't understand... First thing I noticed was the silver handle and how slippery it was when I was moving it off the crate. I put Mighty Mitts chalk on the handle but still slippery.

5/23/20 Progress on my Inch replica DB(173) video below and 2HKP (Griptopz) timed hold PR for me- 36kg - 37.25 seconds- vid below. Planks to finish

5/25/20 Bar hangs, FG hang, biceps- PR on 1 arm IM axle curl with NO collars- 73 lbs. (vid below), Parris & Pony.

5/27/20 Session 3 of Thomas Inch replica DB (173lbs) good improvement(vids below) still long way from a good lift but not scared of the bell only respect it. Slater's hardware Thomas Inch replica DB- very nicely made.

• Like 2

I thought you would make it on the first attempt before you got yourself the Inch. After seeing your first attempt I thought, he will get it at the second or third training session. I was wrong but the fourth training session is when you're going to lock it out, I don't think you can get much closer than that, so next time you'll get it 💪

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I thought you would make it on the first attempt before you got yourself the Inch. After seeing your first attempt I thought, he will get it at the second or third training session. I was wrong but the fourth training session is when you're going to lock it out, I don't think you can get much closer than that, so next time you'll get it 💪

Thanks for watching Emil! I think a few more WC Keypinch sessions and that should do it :)