Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

12/18/19 Tri-Tip Wednesday- 316lbs. Close grip W/ 315 lbs BSS Tips Tester x 3. Lots of sledge and Titan club work along with thumbless 3" Trilobite-

Edited by Kluv#0
correct date
  • Like 2

Wrist Strength is EARNED! 

wrist.jpg.3719346687845c7b3951a869a3d7ba65.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Not many things bring me more joy than this photo. 

Yeah buddy🦁💪 I had a feeling you would appreciate 💯

Couple of pics- 32.4lbs sledge front hold (23 seconds)- great for wrist stabilizers and 2nd pic statue of legendary gripster. Merry Christmas

sledge.png.598219e4158d5c29823fc05f83c39fc0.png

JK.png.5893945d95dbce80aec8d739f21fd430.png

• Like 1

Couple of curling videos from last week- 45lb plate hub curl(first time trying) and 115lb 3" Sorinex Saxon curl- which doesn't sound like much but puts enormous pressure on hands & lower arm.

Yesterday's WOG(Griptopz) shallow hub 66.75lbs. 

1/4/20 Bench and grip workout. 243 lbs Suitcase Dl(vid Below) - no hook grip on Rogue 2.0 bar that has NO center knurling. 2nd vid is 221lbs suitcase L&R with last rep on R being thumbless. Last bench workout prior to my 53rd Birthday and hope to extend my streak to 37 consecutive years of min. 315 paused bench press. BWT 223lbs

Edited by Kluv#0
correct weight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

1/4/20 Bench and grip workout. 243 lbs Suitcase Dl(vid Below) - no hook grip on Rogue 2.0 bar that has NO center knurling. 2nd vid is 221lbs suitcase L&R with last rep on R being thumbless. Last bench workout prior to my 53rd Birthday and hope to extend my streak to 37 consecutive years of min. 315 paused bench press. BWT 223lbs

I hope to be lifting in the same capacity at 53! God bless your health, bro!

1/5/20 last grip workout prior to Saturdays contest. Feel good about WOG shallow hub. Offset IM axle curl work to finish up(vids below) What makes it difficult is centering of hand on line in axle and no collar. You can see with just 2.5 lbs less and a collar makes a huge difference but great work for wrists and mind.

33 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

1/5/20 last grip workout prior to Saturdays contest. Feel good about WOG shallow hub. Offset IM axle curl work to finish up(vids below) What makes it difficult is centering of hand on line in axle and no collar. You can see with just 2.5 lbs less and a collar makes a huge difference but great work for wrists and mind.

Good luck at the competition!!!! Nice work!

Thanks buddy! Iam looking forward to it - no doubt 🦁

• 2 weeks later...

1/14/20 Very strong grip workout day before the biggie. Videos below- 2" Country Crush 317.65 lbs. x 5 reps(talk extra, LOL) 2" CC wrist flexion 234.46 lbs. x 5 My focus for next 2-3 months is grippers, KP and continued wrist crushing.

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

1/14/20 Very strong grip workout day before the biggie. Videos below- 2" Country Crush 317.65 lbs. x 5 reps(talk extra, LOL) 2" CC wrist flexion 234.46 lbs. x 5 My focus for next 2-3 months is grippers, KP and continued wrist crushing.

You lifted the day before a comp? God bless ya! That’s tough to do.

Contest was on Saturday,I was referring to my 53rd Birthday and 315 lbs paused bench to extend my streak to 37 years

1/16/20 past my bedtime workout- Vid below - 68lbs 1 arm IM axle curl with no collars, Right & Left.  2 hand axle curls,  2" CC Pullups and 90 degree holds to finish.

• Like 3

1/20/20 Military press, Grippers and KB work- Videos- 36kg KB bottoms up press(had not tried in 6 months)& 36KG KB wrist DL x 10 

• Like 2

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

1/20/20 Military press, Grippers and KB work- Videos- 36kg KB bottoms up press(had not tried in 6 months)& 36KG KB wrist DL x 10 

Wrist power brudda!

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wrist power brudda!

Thanks Joe, that 6th rep on wrist DL not many overcoming that- very happy.

1/24/20 Long A.M. workout. Vids below- 144lbs x 3  IM axle curl/press combo - I make it look hard because it is:) IM hub close 84.3lbs at end of workout that included shoulders, biceps, chest, triceps and grippers - no explosiveness today:( 8x 2 BWT 221

• Like 1

1/30/20 My family and I along with millions across the world have been grieving with tragic death of Kobe and his daughter and 7 other individuals. I had an exceptional workout today - didn't know why TBH. Afterwards, went outside to feed stray cats and saw the beautiful sky and took this picture. RIP K.B. 

sky.jpg.29213250d3f632cc10e3cc82cdbd812c.jpg

• Like 1

2/6/20 Original WW 97 lbs. x 3 (vid below) all lifts 12"+, LBH work, TT, sledge crushing, extensors, and last week of 5/3/1 bench, "light" triceps, 2 x 2 min plank

2/14/20 PR on Original Wrist Wrench 104.1 lbs. I will take strong WW over RT 24/7 365- just the facts. Country crush work, TT, ATB, IM hub, face pulls and rowing clinic.

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

2/14/20 PR on Original Wrist Wrench 104.1 lbs. I will take strong WW over RT 24/7 365- just the facts. Country crush work, TT, ATB, IM hub, face pulls and rowing clinic.

Keep it up BMF its going to be a great year!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

HUGE!!! And I totally agree, strong wrist wrench over any other handle is king in more ways than one.