Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

5 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/10/19 Great axle work along with a near miss of Thumbless 353lb IM AXLE. Vid below

Coming up fast! 

I’m right at 383 now- let’s race for next 20 lb - your 373 and my 403 thumbless 

• Like 2

Adam, that sounds fantastic- lets do it! Best of luck to me as you don't need any:)  I appreciate the challenge as its an honor for sure!

• Like 2

9/12/19 Very good pinch workout this A.M. despite 83% humidity- Vid below is 57lb WOG shallow hub lifted over 15"- orange bucket is 14 1/2" for scale. Masters WR is 57.28 so I like my chances in near future to break that fairly easy. This was only my 4th shallow hub workout in almost 2 years and after 2HKP and setting PR on 1 HP flask(slippery as fudge, too)

• Like 3

9/15/19 Did a nice sledge feat this A.M. after my pinch workout. Double coin DL Front 8lb stamped & Rear 12lb stamped. This looks easy but it is very, very difficult strength/coordination

• Like 2

9/19/19(lots of 9's) Inspired by the GREAT Adam Glass, I had an excellent Thumbless/thumb IM axle session along with biceps. Below 363lb Thumbless IM axle effort and 303lb Thumbless Timed hold 10.82 seconds

• Like 5

Strong lifting 💪💪💪💪you’re within just a few more sessions and 375 is coming up!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Strong work with the axle! I'll be adding the thumbless holds after KK.

Thanks Steve. You will enjoy doing a Thumbless 

27 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Nice job Mike!

Thanks CEO💪

14 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Strong lifting 💪💪💪💪you’re within just a few more sessions and 375 is coming up!

Thanks Adam! I truly like the Thumbless Axle more than Keypinch 😊 375 lb would be a big ask - I will need to get more legs under me and not be tentative off the floor. To see you nearly lift 395 lb Thumbless at your BWT is very special no doubt

• Like 1

9/24/19 got after the wrists. Thumbless IM axle hold 287 lb - 24.85 seconds(.70 PR) its hard trust me. Rear pickaxe 20.5lb getting very close(20lb and above is WC)

• Like 3

9/26/19 PR for 4 reps on BSS Flask and PR for 4 reps on BSS Shallow hub 54.8 lb x4  I even broke out the LBH after 2 1/2 years:)

• Like 2

9/30/19 A.M. Grip workout. Grippers COC #3 (153) 20 MM- 2 reps almost a 3rd. 6x4 COC 20MM 2.5 (127) fast as possible closes, IM Tug work. Rock Ring workout- 15 minutes and finished with BSS wrist mace 3 x10 seconds(10lb end) wrist plate curls below-works both wrist and fingers- diameter of plate plays a factor in difficulty as does ROM- try to keep entire forearm level(harder) as tendency is to tilt forearm upwards making it easier. My pancake plate is easier than regular plate but I like flat both sides.

• Like 2

Nice wrist curlin'!

I bet The Clash gave you those final reps.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice wrist curlin'!

I bet The Clash gave you those final reps.

Yeah buddy!

• Like 1

10/4/19 A.M. workout- 3 Kong PR's, 327LB. Fat Gripz hangs 2 sets- my best effort is vid below, and finished with IM axle rows and DB rows- both "light" poundage. Best workout I have had in many months.

• Like 3

Nice work Mike!

Have you ever tried a weighted pullup?

With a 100lb dead hang on fat gripz you could probably pullup +50lb without fat gripz  without too much trouble.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Nice work Mike!

Have you ever tried a weighted pullup?

With a 100lb dead hang on fat gripz you could probably pullup +50lb without fat gripz  without too much trouble.

Thanks Raymond. My first ever grip contest Dec. 2016 the 8th and final event was RT weighted pull-up - I did 291 lb for a single which is not too shabby with my paws and at the time 3 months of grip training. Nowadays, I only do neutral grip weighted pull-ups as they are friendlier on my shoulders.

• Like 2

Here is couple of pics from my first grip contest- I won the over 200lb class beating 3 dudes who can deadlift over 600lbs, weighed much more (Me- 219 BWT) and were much younger. Also, I had never seen or heard of IM axle and I did not do that lift as I had not done deadlifts in 25 years due to low back- and received zero points and still won!

1618527869_firtst22.png.a44fbea8e3e36fbf789b0c2a1c34e947.png

First.png.8b8382c2c61b51887723f3126fc6d0a7.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Here is couple of pics from my first grip contest- I won the over 200lb class beating 3 dudes who can deadlift over 600lbs, weighed much more (Me- 219 BWT) and were much younger. Also, I had never seen or heard of IM axle and I did not do that lift as I had not done deadlifts in 25 years due to low back- and received zero points and still won!

1618527869_firtst22.png.a44fbea8e3e36fbf789b0c2a1c34e947.png

First.png.8b8382c2c61b51887723f3126fc6d0a7.png

In that contest you won a sword and could actually say “my sword is BIGGER THAN YOOOURRRS”!!! 🤡🤡🤡

I had never heard of keypinching, either. It would be later on that month that I would find my true love in grip:) GreshamGripper ever since, LOL

• Like 1

10/6/19 IM axle workout last before Kong. 354.6 lb DO Thumbless & Thumb video below and finished up with 10 singles of 18lb rear pickaxe

• Like 2

A lot of wrist power demonstrated with big thumbless pull!

• Thanks 1

10/8/19 Wrist work from all angles- 45minutes. 2 of the "highlights" Sledge coin front DL-8lb stamped & 12 lb stamped side DL done simultaneously $$

12lb rear coin hold 11.42 seconds held pretty darn close to parallel - which makes it vastly harder.

• Like 4

Very strong wrist work mike!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

10/8/19 Wrist work from all angles- 45minutes. 2 of the "highlights" Sledge coin front DL-8lb stamped & 12 lb stamped side DL done simultaneously $$

12lb rear coin hold 11.42 seconds held pretty darn close to parallel - which makes it vastly harder.

10/11/19 Light grippers(134) 10x2 and seal axle BWT holds(vid below)- this was my best out of 5 I did. Heavy pulldowns and volume face pulls. Have a great weekend and come back CEO MIke!!

• Like 2