Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

45 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

7/16/19 A.M. workout- 331 lb. Close Grip(Vid below) BWT 223 - Best since 2016 before I started Grip. Still starting back up my shoulders and chest. Decided not to post anymore of my grip stuff, unless its exceptional, as I noticed people only view my close grip vids:( I will still post my rowing vids under the Summer of Rows 2019 Thread

I’m here, Michael! Was on vacation since the thread! Haha I left my phone at home and enjoyed Aruba. It’s nice to see more of God’s creation without the electronic distraction! Nice job, by the way!! 😉

11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m here, Michael! Was on vacation since the thread! Haha I left my phone at home and enjoyed Aruba. It’s nice to see more of God’s creation without the electronic distraction! Nice job, by the way!! 😉

Vacation in Aruba! That sounds very relaxing and great way to decompress. Hey, we are having a "Summer Of Rows 2019" Thread under Gripboard section- after your contest up in Canada(terrific events BTW) submit some rowing vids as you are a row monster. Lots of really cool members are participating and the variety and talent has been excellent.

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Vacation in Aruba! That sounds very relaxing and great way to decompress. Hey, we are having a "Summer Of Rows 2019" Thread under Gripboard section- after your contest up in Canada(terrific events BTW) submit some rowing vids as you are a row monster. Lots of really cool members are participating and the variety and talent has been excellent.

You bet I will!!!

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Haven’t trained In weeks... lost some weight too. Hope I do well.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

7/28/19 I said I wouldn't post anything until it was exceptional(for me) 103.2 lb on Original Wrist Wench. I took off a month from the WW  and finally hit 103lb mark(one of many summer goals) - it took me 17 months of  off and on training on WW to go from 100lb to 103.2 lb. I cant train the WW on a regular basis as it is too hard on my lower arm/wrist especially since a do a zillion other grip lifts.

• Like 2

Nice work man, how long did it take to get to that level from the first time you started with the WW?

Edited by Raymond
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Nice work man, how long did it take to get to that level from the first time you started with the WW?

Thanks Raymond. I started grip back in late August '16 and WW was one of the first implements(never used that word until started grip, LOL) and I was around 87lb ish my first go at it. The handle is unlike any other in that 2, 3, 5, 10 lbs, etc  is a monumental difference. I wish I would have bought 5 of them as they are very hard to find new now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Raymond. I started grip back in late August '16 and WW was one of the first implements(never used that word until started grip, LOL) and I was around 87lb ish my first go at it. The handle is unlike any other in that 2, 3, 5, 10 lbs, etc  is a monumental difference. I wish I would have bought 5 of them as they are very hard to find new now.

Is there a difference between the original and the replicas being sold? 

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

7/28/19 I said I wouldn't post anything until it was exceptional(for me) 103.2 lb on Original Wrist Wench. I took off a month from the WW  and finally hit 103lb mark(one of many summer goals) - it took me 17 months of  off and on training on WW to go from 100lb to 103.2 lb. I cant train the WW on a regular basis as it is too hard on my lower arm/wrist especially since a do a zillion other grip lifts.

Awesome lift man! Very good! I can’t believe one of the Canada arm wrestlers did 106 first time trying it. He had some pretty monster  hands, looks 8.5 to me. Still darn impressive.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Is there a difference between the original and the replicas being sold? 

Only the replicas are steel (usually)  and the original is plastic. I prefer the feel of steel but did not see a difference in what I could lift. Steel just feels more natural than plastic in the hand.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Only the replicas are steel (usually)  and the original is plastic. I prefer the feel of steel but did not see a difference in what I could lift. Steel just feels more natural than plastic in the hand.

I would agree with Joe. I use the AA WW replica  for pulldowns, various rows and wrist work as it wont get beat to sheet due to being steel.  I use the original WW for DL & holds. AA has better texture but both same size.  Gil Goodman (BSS)sells a WW replica but I do not own one.

8 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is impressive!

It's looks like I've got my work cut out for me then, the first time I tried my home made WW  I got 28kg with my right and 24kg with my left. I never put much work into it so I never progressed much, The most I ever pulled on it was  32kg. I tried it again the other day and got the same results as the first time I picked it up in anger,. Mine is made from pvc pipe and it's naturally a bit slippery but I don't think that was the issue, I just didn't have the wrist strength.

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Very nice lift, definitely no joke using a close grip.

I'm in desperate need for motivation for training bench at all right now so I decided I'll try to get to your level in a close grip. A fun challenge for myself. 

Is it safe for the elbows benching that narrow? Have you felt any strain or anything? 

Thank you. My elbows and shoulders have never felt any strain doing this close grip 10.5" If anything, going this close can be a concern for wrists but with practice you will be good to go. It will be pretty easy to get to my current level but the beauty of my tricep strength is consistency/longevity- January will be 37 straight years of 315lb pause bench press with last 26 years being close grip due to ATV accident. I have seen many come and go but to stay at a certain level you have to have some dog in ya which I think you do. Best of strength to you

• Like 1

8/15/19 Suitcase DL 255lb (no hook grip)on Rogue 2.0 that has no center knurling. I had not gone this heavy since last August when I did 276 lb. Lift felt good as you can tell by my reaction.

• Like 2

Very strong grip!

And very clean lift!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Very strong grip!

And very clean lift!

Thank you Eric! I appreciate it🙏

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8/25/19 Did some really nice work with the wrists this A.M. 36kg (79.4 lb) KB wrist DL x 10 Very difficult to grab the horn and pull until handle is level/upright. 2nd vid is rear sledge coin lifts drop set 16lb stamped(18.7) 12(13.4) 10(12.1) 8(10.1) all lifts min. 30" done after a great rear pickaxe workout! Many think wrist flexion is everything when it comes to wrist strength which is completely wrong- all directions should be trained.

Edited by Kluv#0
additional patting of back:)
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Keep up the awesome content! Love seeing the progress.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Keep up the awesome content! Love seeing the progress.

Thanks Stephen! Volume required on many of my vids, LOL

• Like 1

9/2/19 Today's very rare superset. 343 lb. Thumbless IM Axle w/ 111.9 lb.  2 hands shallow hub(Griptopz) KP   -  Jersey is reason why my handle is Kluv#0 Pride of L.O. Kevin Love

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Raymond said:

That's a wicked narrow pinch @Kluv#0!

With a pinch like that you could submit Jon Jones with a nipple cripple.

Thanks Raymond! Ha Ha, good one but Bones is the baadest and would deal out severe punishment after the tickling was over

1 hour ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Love the music. :)

I Had Jane's Addiction on but needed to drown out my f-bombs

• Like 1

9/10/19 Great axle work along with a near miss of Thumbless 353lb IM AXLE. Vid below

• Like 2