Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes!!! So someone could potentially make it easier!!! I make sure the handle itself has no contact with either side my keeping the spacer as far to the end as possible. Actually had the handle come off the other day for not putting it far enough in an clamping tight enough 

Fortunate that came off on ground vs. lockout! Looks like you were grooving💪👍

@Joseph Sullivan The first time I used it one of my end caps popped off (my fault for not making sure it was tight). I only put it a bit further on the handle so the set screw has more to grab on if it starts to slip. But from now on, flush it is! 

Edited by FrankSobotka

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Fortunate that came off on ground vs. lockout! Looks like you were grooving💪👍

Dude I was so in the groove. Was pissed it came off.

5/15/19 Have been relaxing and waiting for contest next Sat.5/25 all the training work is done just need to bake the cake. Todays video's IM HUB 75.1 lb x 4 1/2 reps and a coupe days ago I lifted 50lb inverted Hex DB - tried a out a year ago and never saw air so I was happy as it is fairly slippery and 5 1/4" wide.

• Like 2

At least 10lbs above my max for reps.  Noice!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

At least 10lbs above my max for reps.  Noice!

Thanks Pinchmonster! You have outstanding thumb power so if you wanted to get in mid 70lb range or even 80's it would be accomplished in short order. I forgot to mention that that my hub set was my 10th and final set... Just kidding:)

• Haha 1

5/17/19 Just some "light" rows couple vids below and a dominant 8lb stamped (9.4lb) sledge coin DL yesterday. Have great weekend R.C. you know, you know

Below vid Fatgripz 100 x 23 reps DB row. If your hand is over 8 use Fatgripz extreme for a proper comparison.

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

5/17/19 Just some "light" rows couple vids below and a dominant 8lb stamped (9.4lb) sledge coin DL yesterday. Have great weekend R.C. you know, you know

Below vid Fatgripz 100 x 23 reps DB row. If your hand is over 8 use Fatgripz extreme for a proper comparison.

👌🏼🔥👍🏻 Awesome 

Thanks Joe! The No thumb use, collars or center knurling on the GreshamGripper rows is fairly nasty:) As you know I put in the work on my wrists-just like you- and the progress is slow but end result is quite evident.

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe! The No thumb use, collars or center knurling on the GreshamGripper rows is fairly nasty:) As you know I put in the work on my wrists-just like you- and the progress is slow but end result is quite evident.

Word up! 💯 

26 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I haven't performed any DB rows for awhile, mainly because I haven't got any dumbbells and getting some would be very expensive XD I considered the rows impossible to do with a barbell before even trying for some reason. I'll start doing them now. 

It only takes about 10-15 minutes to get your hand placement correct(my focus is location on my index on bar) and right and left hand varies slightly but with practice it is very simple. It works not only finger, lats, etc but wrist strength is paramount to keep bar level especially w/o collars. Sometimes, I will intentionally move my hand(off-center) so my wrist has to work even harder to compensate. I have just started doing just the fingers GG rows and they are quite challenging but I can tell getting stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

5/27/19 had not used IM axle for anything serious since Jan 11th. Took it easy with some Suitcase axle DL 192lb(vid below) and axle tosses 121lb x 22 -rusty but fairly strong:) video below. Happy Memorial Day!! Thank you

5/30/19 Taking it easy this week. Wrist work this A.M. with a unique/strong wrist feat- double coin Dl rear 12lb(13.4) and Front 8lb(9.4) doing wrist work at 4:30 A.M. enhances character:)

• Like 1

6/3/19 I just started up my pull-up program for month of June(min. of 1,200) and today was first time doing IM axle(vid below)since injury Jan 11- My legs and low back have not been active since injury Jan. but Napalms Nightmare has improved my hand strength/endurance as I hit a PR for Timed hold BWT 228 for over 51 seconds. I set a few short-term goals for summertime as I enjoy lifting outdoors.

Edited by Kluv#0
spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

6/3/19 I just started up my pull-up program for month of June(min. of 1,200) and today was first time doing IM axle(vid below)- My legs and low back have not been active since injury Jan 11th but Napalms Nightmare has improved my hand strength/endurance as I hit a PR for Timed hold BWT 228 for over 51 seconds. I set a few short-term goals for summertime as I enjoy lifting outdoors.

Dat is fie uh Kiiiddd! Haha 🔥 

35 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

6/3/19 I just started up my pull-up program for month of June(min. of 1,200) and today was first time doing IM axle(vid below)since injury Jan 11- My legs and low back have not been active since injury Jan. but Napalms Nightmare has improved my hand strength/endurance as I hit a PR for Timed hold BWT 228 for over 51 seconds. I set a few short-term goals for summertime as I enjoy lifting outdoors.

Now do it with my bodyweight.  🤣😂🤣😂

Great stuff Mike!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Now do it with my bodyweight.  🤣😂🤣😂

Great stuff Mike!

The 1,200 pullups or the BWT hold? LOL!!  In both cases, I would have better chance being elected U.S. President. Iam terrible at weighted pullups.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Haha 1

6/11/19 Have been concentrating on my personal challenge of 1,200 pullups in June,  Grippers and WW. This A.M. superset close grip 250x10 w/ suspended regular pullups x9 BWT w/ clothes 230lb. less than 720 pullups to go by EOM! Hope I can lose 5-7 lbs to make it easier:)

• Like 1

6/13/19 A.M. workout- Grippers went very well, rows and vid below( bicep and shoulder IM axle combo) I don't like to train shoulder and biceps but try once in awhile. Yesterday I had day off but went in garage on a whim  and did 111.8lb.  an unseasoned shallow hub Keypinch. Have not trained on that since May '18 so very pleased with thumb/index strength along with chest crush.

• Like 1

6/17/19 A.M. workout Grippers, light MG, WW volume plus heavish hold(vid below along with pic of gap) 2HKP x many sets, reps, regular pullups 105 (PR for total) 540 to go before EOM. 226 BWT

385468203_wwgap.thumb.jpg.5f218c277718993faeb97d01426e446d.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You should be good for 100 pounds, IMO.

I would say that is correct. My goal by end of summer is 103lb but as you know gaining a single pound on this device is a street fight. I love the device- many uses, I wish it was included in NAGS list

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I would say that is correct. My goal by end of summer is 103lb but as you know gaining a single pound on this device is a street fight. I love the device- many uses, I wish it was included in NAGS list

Hardest thick bar/wrist combo IMO... and most affective