Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Awesome PR!

Thanks Pinchmonster Mike!! I have trained hard and to have the SB only  my 4th best event out of 6 -OSH'19 is something very proud of

Rest day 4/26/19 but wanted to share a smoked 80lb IM hub during a get together Mock meet last Saturday. IMO, McCarter, Gil, Tanner, Shaw, Clay, Aaron are the only men in North America that are better at the IM hub than GreshamGripper. If you think differently show up 5/25/19 and prove me wrong:)

• Like 1

GreshamGripper Grip philosophy-

14 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Dude. You have your voice overridden with some crap music. I wanna hear what you have to say...

Second this!

4/30/19 A.M. workout- various rows, hub, RR and finished with 10 sets of 1 arm axle rows. Seal row vid - first rep is with fingers only(great way to get them conditioned) and 2nd rep thumb wrapped. 2nd vid is 1 arm axle 150lb last set which was brutally hard for this old man. FB and biceps, wrist late this afternoon with my son

• Like 2

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

4/30/19 A.M. workout- various rows, hub, RR and finished with 10 sets of 1 arm axle rows. Seal row vid - first rep is with fingers only(great way to get them conditioned) and 2nd rep thumb wrapped. 2nd vid is 1 arm axle 150lb last set which was brutally hard for this old man. FB and biceps, wrist late this afternoon with my son

Awesome!! Them axle rows are a balance feat!

5/2/19 A.M. grip workout. Finnish Ball - Video below(IMO, 80lb and up is WC) Grippers and SB #4 attempt was quite funny, 3.5 13.4 sec. and front sledge work.

5/7/19 North Americas best keypincher doing what he do:) 80lb Otevoima Finnish ball and 8lb(9.4lb) 30.5" sledge coin Dl- scruffy but takes some serious skill with both hands engaged. First time trying this variation of double lift, will improve

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

5/7/19 North Americas best keypincher doing what he do:) 80lb Otevoima Finnish ball and 8lb(9.4lb) 30.5" sledge coin Dl- scruffy but takes some serious skill with both hands engaged. First time trying this variation of double lift, will improve

Best front sledge going 

Edited by Guest

Very strong, as always!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Best front sledge going 

There are handful better but they are not going to do it with Finnish Ball 80lb on the other hand:) I think Arto and Tomi from Finland could do this feat. 80lb suitcase style to lockout is no joke for a keypincher

37 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Best front sledge going 

19 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Very strong, as always!

Strength recognizes strength!! Thanks Beast!!

Great stuff Mike.  Have you tried the Nut Pinch from AASS yet?  I bet you would kill it.

0x.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great stuff Mike.  Have you tried the Nut Pinch from AASS yet?  I bet you would kill it.

0x.jpeg

Thanks Pinchmonster! I have not seen this before but looks fascinating. Lucas makes outstanding and affordable products.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Pinchmonster! I have not seen this before but looks fascinating. Lucas makes outstanding and affordable products.

$15 cheap cheap!

Wanted to share this from 2 days ago NN 2 3/8" 5 rep P.R. 351.75 lb x 5- My goal prior to training for OSH'19 was 350 x 5- very pleased.  Not too shabby for 7 3/8" hands!! Looking forward to contest where there will be several that have same grip experience. IM hub, Finnish Ball, 2HP flask, NN 2 3/8", sledgechoke lift& SB- All-around grip test no doubt about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9eRM7W-fBo

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Wanted to share this from 2 days ago NN 2 3/8" 5 rep P.R. 351.75 lb x 5- My goal prior to training for OSH'19 was 350 x 5- very pleased.  Not too shabby for 7 3/8" hands!! Looking forward to contest where there will be several that have same grip experience. IM hub, Finnish Ball, 2HP flask, NN 2 3/8", sledgechoke lift& SB- All-around grip test no doubt about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9eRM7W-fBo

350x5 is not too shabby, no matter what hand size one has! HUGE! 

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

350x5 is not too shabby, no matter what hand size one has! HUGE! 

Thanks Joe, I like that you and I put the end caps flush on the NN making it much harder than having them snug on handles! My 5th best event out of 6 so Iam ready💪

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe, I like that you and I put the end caps flush on the NN making it much harder than having them snug on handles! My 5th best event out of 6 so Iam ready💪

I make sure they spin fast by having space between the fastener and the inner end of the handle. So there is no obstruction of the spin at all. Makes it way harder 

46 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I actually made the mistake when I first got NN and didn’t allow for much space and was doing 30 pounds more for reps. I knew something was not right 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I actually made the mistake when I first got NN and didn’t allow for much space and was doing 30 pounds more for reps. I knew something was not right 

When I was changing my handles the other day I played around with the spacing. I put the end caps tight up against the handles and the handles wouldn’t spin at all. Obviously no self respecting person would ever do this but I thought it was interesting that it could be done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

When I was changing my handles the other day I played around with the spacing. I put the end caps tight up against the handles and the handles wouldn’t spin at all. Obviously no self respecting person would ever do this but I thought it was interesting that it could be done. 

The end caps should be flush. Most of my NN vids I show the end cap flush and the spin. I have had some of my IG buddies point out snuggly end caps of others on handles- Pretty sure the individuals are unaware. Universal rule should be end caps essentially flush at end.

• Like 1

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that, I put mine a hair on but not snug to the handles. I’ll start putting them flush and see if it feels any harder to me 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Yes!!! So someone could potentially make it easier!!! I make sure the handle itself has no contact with either side my keeping the spacer as far to the end as possible. Actually had the handle come off the other day for not putting it far enough in an clamping tight enough 

Always out on the ends.  Always.

• Like 2