Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Oh man!  Sorry to hear you are hurt, Mike! What happened, exactly? Been there brother! Pray for a speedy recovery!!

Thanks Joe, I actually was injured Jan 11th- I was doing axle and I always have the utmost respect for back stress and have a zillion "cues" but for whatever reason I decided to do a 2hkp S.S. with axle without my normal belt, and leaned over to grab chalk for a 4th rep(which I barely could get when fresh) and was not "tight" and strained the fudge out of back. I should never had tried for that 4th rep and my wife had to leave work to drive me to the Chiro and she said the same thing- WHY? I wish I knew other than deep down showing off- which I never had done before. I feel much better but still have not been able to do back ext., hip belt squats or 2H Dl. Hands feel strong, legs and low back on the mend

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe, I actually was injured Jan 11th- I was doing axle and I always have the utmost respect for back stress and have a zillion "cues" but for whatever reason I decided to do a 2hkp S.S. with axle without my normal belt, and leaned over to grab chalk for a 4th rep(which I barely could get when fresh) and was not "tight" and strained the fudge out of back. I should never had tried for that 4th rep and my wife had to leave work to drive me to the Chiro and she said the same thing- WHY? I wish I knew other than deep down showing off- which I never had done before. I feel much better but still have not been able to do back ext., hip belt squats or 2H Dl. Hands feel strong, legs and low back on the mend

Man, that stinks. I should get a belt too. Never wore one in my life. 

2 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

What gripper cert? I assume GHP?

Yes, 2 reps on GHp 7 but it is a stiff 7 around 150ish. I can come very close to that GHP 8 161# with the GHP block but I would never submit that as it is way too "easy" for GHP 8 cert.LOL

Glad to see you posting Mike!  Lot's of great stuff.  Best wishes on a full recovery. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Glad to see you posting Mike!  Lot's of great stuff.  Best wishes on a full recovery. 

Iam getting eye exam in a few but was filling out form - question, have I ever worn glasses ? I wrote down beer goggles when I was early 20’s💪

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Iam getting eye exam in a few but was filling out form - question, have I ever worn glasses ? I wrote down beer goggles when I was early 20’s💪

Amazing how ugly my first wife became when I stopped drinking.

• Haha 1

Yesterday I was messing around after NN 2 7/8" max. I "retired" LOL from 2 hand key pinch but wanted to see if I could still do this on a slippery and shallow 3/4" lip. Iam working towards a big lift on the Finnish ball @OSH'19

Yesterdays lift for an IG contest- 127.5 lb. on the IM hub 2 hands Keypinch I like this challenge as anyone regardless of thumb size(usually KP favors smaller thumbs) can partake and do well. Men, women and kids of all sizes can do very well if strong thumbs. Most of all no cuts doing this KP!!  Iam working on a North America Keypinch challenge held at my place late this year with 5-6 different Keypinch lifts with prize money, prizes and trophies- men, women and kids classes. Stay tuned. Iam limping in vid as day prior did the splits on ice and hurt my left knee:(

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

King of the KP!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

King of the KP!

Thanks Pinchmonster Mike!! There are a couple guys in world better 2 hand KP and couple guys better 1 hand KP but combination of both I like my chances against anyone in the world. You are excellent on the slippery eel KP 101 cap plate- that is no joke, too!!

Slight airtime( baby steps) with new Rogue fitness 2 -20 kg calibrated plates- I  have had them 2 1/2 weeks very slippery still. Prior beat my 4 rep PR on 2HP flask 181 x4 reps

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

Sunday grip workout - Grippers, Finnish ball, BSS Flask timed holds, IM Hub and finished off with fingerwalks. Here is 30.4lbs not pretty but effective for my thumbs

Yesterday's BSS Flask timed hold 187lb.

3/12/19 A.M. workout-volume day with FG DB DL and IM hub max reps of 70lbs in 1 minute x 3 sets. FB BWT hangs & Fat Gripz DB tosses to finish

• Like 1

3/14/19 Grip workout. Finnish ball - still very slippery and Thumbless 60 MM ATB, with 35 various pullups it took some sets:)

ATB 60 MM Thumbless work set 203 lb.

Finnish ball 40lb to 80lb in 45 sec. Still very slippery

Edited by Kluv#0

46 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

3/14/19 Grip workout. Finnish ball - still very slippery and Thumbless 60 MM ATB, with 35 various pullups it took some sets:)

ATB 60 MM Thumbless work set 203 lb.

Finnish ball 40lb to 80lb in 45 sec. Still very slippery

I want to try that Finnish ball. I have an F BBC bomb that I’m good atI have an F BBC bomb that I’m good at

Yesterday P.M workout- plate pinches, left hand Mini inch pinch and flask. I was curious what I could pull with tired paws on flask-thought I had 200lb. on flask but was 199lb F-bomb warning end of attempt. Proud to say out of OSH'19 -6 events this is my "worst" event!

3/16/19 workout- Tips Tester, NN 2 3/8", biceps, 1 arm IM axle rows 144lb L&R(collars on)- below vid- much, much harder with hands 7 3/8" vs. over 8" no close comparable unless someone used 2 3/8" axle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gSJGaSmZM

• Like 3

3/18/19 A.M. workout. Fingerwalk massive attempts x5, Grippers& SB, Fingerhangs and reverse skullcrushers- below vid use caution if you try- Thanks.

• Like 2

3/19/19 Grip workout- IM HUB 75.6 x 3 strong reps(P.R.for 3) vid below, 2HP flask, various wrist work(BSS mace is helping tremendously) and RR for 5 minutes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

3/19/19 Grip workout- IM HUB 75.6 x 3 strong reps(P.R.for 3) vid below, 2HP flask, various wrist work(BSS mace is helping tremendously) and RR for 5 minutes

How is the mace helping outside of a basic sledge or dumbbell with weight on one end that can do the same thing ? Can’t see how it would be much different other than there is a ball on the end? Educate me Miguel! Is that a thing that makes it better?

Joe, I just did a mace demo for ya- need volume. You would love wrist mace

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks, big man!!!

18 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Ahhhh I seeeee... hitting the wrist with a little different angle and stimulation. That looks like it feels great! Thanks for the demo

3/20/19 light Chest and Back workout. 225 lb close grip x 17 below.

• Like 1