Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No sure thing in life:) Funny thing is at the end of that workout I lifted the one easiest 50lb stub ever seen, LOL Reason why I bring that up is that is the only grip lift which today Iam not much better at. However, my "gym" lifts bench, military, biceps triceps, hip belt weaker now:( My back is stronger by a hair I guess

I was talking about this phenomenon yesterday.  Between 45 and 50 my top end grip strength ceiling seems to have only declined by about 5%, but my overall strength ceiling seems to have fallen at least 20%.  Age is the one opponent you can never completely beat.  Time is on its side.

That doesn't mean you can't be super strong at 50 plus.  But it is a lot harder and the top end potential seems to drop a bit each year.  At least for me.  I work twice as hard now for half the gains.  Just another challenge on the happy road to destiny I guess...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I was talking about this phenomenon yesterday.  Between 45 and 50 my top end grip strength ceiling seems to have only declined by about 5%, but my overall strength ceiling seems to have fallen at least 20%.  Age is the one opponent you can never completely beat.  Time is on its side.

That doesn't mean you can't be super strong at 50 plus.  But it is a lot harder and the top end potential seems to drop a bit each year.  At least for me.  I work twice as hard now for half the gains.  Just another challenge on the happy road to destiny I guess...

CEO, you put it 100% correct. 45 years -now I notice a gradual decline in weight room/garage - father time is MF undefeated!!  However, I like you and I chances if anyone wanted to dance!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

9/28/18 A.M. workout- Plate pinching double lift 35's(3.5") and (2  7/16") was able to lift the wide plates with left for the first time. 7.5 added to thumbside skinny 35's lifted with right about 8" , left no air, skinny 35's 3x5 right left 15 singles with moderate rest- work in prog but nice to see results and embrace weakness. Parris Device 4x 20-10

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/28/18 A.M. workout- Plate pinching double lift 35's(3.5") and (2  7/16") was able to lift the wide plates with left for the first time. 7.5 added to thumbside skinny 35's lifted with right about 8" , left no air, skinny 35's 3x5 right left 15 singles with moderate rest- work in prog but nice to see results and embrace weakness. Parris Device 4x 20-10

Nice pinchin!  Love me some Weaver!

• Like 1

9/30/18 A.M. workout, Thumbless IM axle Pendlay rows SS with gripper single closes, first 5 working sets(195lb  to 265lb) closed 149 COC #3 after the Pendlay thumbless which I felt incredible about as I have not done grippers in about 2 weeks and thumbless taxes forearm massively. Sledehammer work much variety. As always extensor work as I forgot to mention that when I first started log. last set shown below

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/30/18 A.M. workout, Thumbless IM axle Pendlay rows SS with gripper single closes, first 5 working sets(195lb  to 265lb) closed 149 COC #3 after the Pendlay thumbless which I felt incredible about as I have not done grippers in about 2 weeks and thumbless taxes forearm massively. Sledehammer work much variety. As always extensor work as I forgot to mention that when I first started log. last set shown below

Lots of good work there buddy!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Lots of good work there buddy!

Thanks CEO of Rows, Inc. - Hopefully, I can stay on the board of directors until age 55:)

10/2/18 still exhausted from Sundays brutal workout. IM hub for a few sets, Finnish Ball holds getting much better and some light FW. I will take rest of week off and maybe just sprinkle in some sledge work and FW/Parris device  until next Monday.

• Like 2

10/5/18 A.M. workout - felt refreshed and agitated by some snowflakes in D.C. so I had to go out and do some grip after 2 days break(needed it as I was so freakin worn out by Sundays workout) Hip belt squats 6x 10-25, SLDL 4x, BSS flask worked up to  PR 182.4 x2 -  Did some sledge work then Thumbless WW(harder than it looks) shown below. Plank 2x4 min. Have great weekend and I will resume more focused workouts next week

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

10/5/18 A.M. workout - felt refreshed and agitated by some snowflakes in D.C. so I had to go out and do some grip after 2 days break(needed it as I was so freakin worn out by Sundays workout) Hip belt squats 6x 10-25, SLDL 4x, BSS flask worked up to  PR 182.4 x2 -  Did some sledge work then Thumbless WW(harder than it looks) shown below. Plank 2x4 min. Have great weekend and I will resume more focused workouts next week

I love the creaking sound the WW makes when the hands work so hard to fight that rotation. Very satisfying. Almost as if our hands are making imprints in the device 

FBBC 2.5" crusher 155.4 x 10 -Not too shabby for 2nd time pulling since KK'17

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

FBBC 2.5" crusher 155.4 x 10 -Not too shabby for 2nd time pulling since KK'17

What’s the plates on it Mikey? 100, 25,10and 10?

18 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What’s the plates on it Mikey? 100, 25,10and 10?

Hey Joe, my Cap 101 plus plate, 25 lb (26.2actual) 10 and 5

10/8/18 late A.M. workout-  Grippers, grippers and more grippers. Started my journey to achieve a couple of reps on a very sturdy GHP 7- Great start!!  SB attempts COC 3.5 180# 7.6 seconds PR after gripper workout, then tried GHP 9 215# and almost blackout and had to drop to knee:( mad respect for big gripper guys and gals!!!!! 2HP BSS flask 5 sets with top-end 171.8 x4 PR after a gripper workout- my form still awful but trying just working on my weakness has proven beneficial. Back work approx. 20 sets of various exercises

• Like 2

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

10/8/18 late A.M. workout-  Grippers, grippers and more grippers. Started my journey to achieve a couple of reps on a very sturdy GHP 7- Great start!!  SB attempts COC 3.5 180# 7.6 seconds PR after gripper workout, then tried GHP 9 215# and almost blackout and had to drop to knee:( mad respect for big gripper guys and gals!!!!! 2HP BSS flask 5 sets with top-end 171.8 x4 PR after a gripper workout- my form still awful but trying just working on my weakness has proven beneficial. Back work approx. 20 sets of various exercises

Great pinching Mike!  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great pinching Mike!  

Thanks Mike I appreciate it!!

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

then tried GHP 9 215# and almost blackout and had to drop to knee

Done that multiple times. Such a crazy feeling. Grippers really take a toll on the cns. Great training dude

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Done that multiple times. Such a crazy feeling. Grippers really take a toll on the cns. Great training dude

Every time I try anything over 189# on SB I always think of you and several others and just shake my head in disbelief how freakin strong you guys are to actually close the handles. Yeah the near blackouts are quite fascinating for my wife and son when they watch me try for a "big" close, LOL

• Like 2

10/9/18 Early A.M. workout- getting ready to start various axle/FG  DL on Friday after 3 month absence- Hip thrusters 6x8-15, SLDL 4x 12, calves stand/seat 6x8-50, Country crush 2" handle DL SS with wrist pops- 5x 5-15, leg up FW- absolutely crushed them, Parris x 10-40, various sledge work.

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

10/9/18 Early A.M. workout- getting ready to start various axle/FG  DL on Friday after 3 month absence- Hip thrusters 6x8-15, SLDL 4x 12, calves stand/seat 6x8-50, Country crush 2" handle DL SS with wrist pops- 5x 5-15, leg up FW- absolutely crushed them, Parris x 10-40, various sledge work.

That looks like GOLD 

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That looks like GOLD 

Joe you would love the wrist pops and obviously kick some butt on it , too!  I do thumbless with the 3" and wrapped thumb on the 2" - IMO, the wrist pops are the best use for the country crush

15 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Joe you would love the wrist pops and obviously kick some butt on it , too!  I do thumbless with the 3" and wrapped thumb on the 2" - IMO, the wrist pops are the best use for the country crush

Yea man I don’t have a CC but the double WW has the same action. Will try it with that!!! I find that the palms facing wrist action stimulates my forearms in a way not duplicated any other way. A worked to the bone feeling! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

10/9/18 P.M. workout- I started my tricep training last night to ensure my goal of paused 315 again on my birthday in 3 months time- Usually start in Dec. but this year I have been lacking the desire and therefore been weaker than years past. Close grip 4 work sets to find out where I was at-ok and what I expected. Triceps- Pushdowns 5x 8-15, Tate press 4x15, skullcrushers 4x15-25, band underhand grip 2x many. Shoulders - old man was too tired so took my tail and ate a chefs salad instead. End of vid is effort to hub a 5lb plate, LOL crazy idea Riccardo!!

• Like 1