Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

I have decided to start a training log here. Gripboard is the best and I don't enjoy IG or FB. Sunday highlight(IM hub 77.8lbs PR)  Monday(8/27/18) workout highlight- Original wrist wrench 90.8lb.x 3 1/2 - reps. I will log all weightlifting and grip training I do with sets x reps. I tweaked my low back on my 2nd attempt at 276 suitcase DL last Friday so taking it easy with back/bending related for couple weeks. Feel free to ask questions.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=RKeaBYxcKvQ

• Like 5

Awesome! It will be great to follow your workouts and progress. 

• Thanks 1

I appreciate it kind words Don and Matt- you guys are beasts!! Ok here is my first entry-

crucifix holds, close grip BP 225x15, 245 x5, 275x5, band pull-a parts SS with DB flyes, tricep pushdown 2 x many(blood flow) 50 DB tri ext SS Tate press 3x10

Grip- Grippers - warmed up 87, 106, 124, 146, 152, then 2 x SB hold COC 3.5 180 (9 and 7 seconds) then tried #4 220, 216 and GHP #9 215 and no bite on SB but promising if you can understand that:)  Right only- IM PB work set 68x5   Fingerwalk (right only) 5x SS with IM hub- 10lb 15lb 22.6lb and 25.4lb. Left 10lb 15lb x4 FW with 3x4 60lb IM hub

bottom up hold 36kg Kettlebell- 30, 32 seconds and sledgehammer supination work- getting little bit closer to doing 8lb stamped strict- Christmas time?...

Tonite is golf night , LOL its going to hurt with my low back on fire.

• Like 2

Awesome to see you started a log Mike. Looking forward to following your progress 

• Thanks 1

Friday 8/30/18        DB tosses and BSS dexterity balls to warm-up-   2 3/8" DB handle 150lb holds, BSS Flask 146 x5 177x2 146x8 all reps done 15-17" height- This is my biggest weakness in grip but will improve with the help of an all-time great:) Parris device 5 setsx10-50 reps   This has been something I saw from a man named Parris J. and have used it really from week one of my grip journey- video below

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have decided to start a training log here. Gripboard is the best and I don't enjoy IG or FB. Sunday highlight(IM hub 77.8lbs PR)  Monday(8/27/18) workout highlight- Original wrist wrench 90.8lb.x 3 1/2 - reps. I will log all weightlifting and grip training I do with sets x reps. I tweaked my low back on my 2nd attempt at 276 suitcase DL last Friday so taking it easy with back/bending related for couple weeks. Feel free to ask questions.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=RKeaBYxcKvQ

Looking forward to following this journey!

• Thanks 1

End of 3 days straight of grip- looking forward to labor day weekend off. 8/31/18 workout-   2x 5 min plank 2x1 side plank, db tosses to warmup, work set 3" trilobite thumbless hold(not cocked only fingertips) right hand -only 122lb x 16 sec, 15 seconds- left hand 102 x 7, 5 sec.  BWT with clothes/shoes 228- Regular Pullups strict 2x 10, Fat gripz pullups more speed 3x9, 7, 7    DB row *low back feeling better -may go full throttle next week on my fav exercise:) Right -111lb 4 x25 no straps, gloves. left 5x20

10 minute Rockring workout- top secret, LOL  honestly,  an individual thing and experience as pulley tendon is not something I want anyone to snap.

• Like 1

Had a bout of food poisoning on Saturday and was in bed and.. for entire day yesterday. Woke up today around 2:30 A.M. and was eager to stretch my back out so decided to work out briefly. BWT was 225(215lb goal by 52nd B-day in order to do 20 pullups- only 1 other time and that was when I was 24 and 212lb.) with clothes/shoes-felt fairly strong and light. workout 9/3/18  Band pull-aparts, light rear delts, Pull-ups x12 x9  went to do Adjustable Thickbar(Griptopz) and worked up to 255 x all handle size set. Should be close to 275 all handle size set by year end. Wrist wrench 3-4 sets and fingerwalks x4 sets left&right. Hip belt squats 4x glute walkouts x3 and ham sliders 3x plus seated and hip belt calf raises. I felt pretty good to get blood flowing after being inactive for 36 hours. "Highlights" below

• Like 2

9/5/18 workout-  Military press 135 2x many, seated plate laterals/rear SS, IM hub iso holds worked up to 72.3lbs for 5 seconds PR, gripper workout- green cheapo x many, 87 x many, 106 x5, 124 x 3, 148 x1, 152 x 1, 159 x1, 166 x1(HG 350),  3 attempts at #180 then SB x 3 efforts 180# x 7 seconds(PR for after hub and gripper workout), 6 seconds, 2-3 sec. Currently, focus not on grippers after a non-stop tunnel vision from Feb thru AUG 15 to accomplish some gripper goals - MM1, GHP7 challenge& MM2.  I will start in October to get some reps with GHP 7 challenge. last exercise Grippul 5x many, x14 x8 x4 x3 

• Like 2

9/6/18 workout- close grip bench worked up to 280 x5, ez skullcrushers worked up to 155x10, Tate presses and Cieri burnout set. V-bar Pulldowns 5x8-20, rear delt work, 1 arm rows clusters up to 182lb( had to embarrass someone a couple weeks ago on YT who thought strict rows were everything and doubted my rowing ability LMAO- I did 2 3/8' handle left hand 120x8 and 161x8 oly handle LEFT hand STRICT - both much more than the guy will ever dream of- and I weighed both handles and weights unlike this sneaky J) 1 arm row is  for full-stretch. Sledgehammer work and wrist mace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/6/18 workout- close grip bench worked up to 280 x5, ez skullcrushers worked up to 155x10, Tate presses and Cieri burnout set. V-bar Pulldowns 5x8-20, rear delt work, 1 arm rows clusters up to 182lb( had to embarrass someone a couple weeks ago on YT who thought strict rows were everything and doubted my rowing ability LMAO- I did 2 3/8' handle left hand 120x8 and 161x8 oly handle LEFT hand STRICT - both much more than the guy will ever dream of- and I weighed both handles and weights unlike this sneaky J) 1 arm row is  for full-stretch. Sledgehammer work and wrist mace.

i bet it was your neighbor on YouTube 🙂 Really though, your gripper progress is mind blowing, Mike.  Great work all around.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

i bet it was your neighbor on YouTube 🙂 Really though, your gripper progress is mind blowing, Mike.  Great work all around.

Thanks Matt, LOL my neighbor with the  650lb DL. At the start of the year I had only 20x gripper workouts ever and only 4 SB sessions - over a course of 16 months of grip(as of 1/18) that was not many. I decided to forgo most thickbar except thumbless holds which helped and really study what Chez was doing - obviously at much, much lower scale:) Long story short the last 6 months I have had maybe 40-45 gripper workouts and 20 ish SB sessions- I got what I put into it. Now the focus is pinch and a sledge feat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Matt, LOL my neighbor with the  650lb DL. At the start of the year I had only 20x gripper workouts ever and only 4 SB sessions - over a course of 16 months of grip(as of 1/18) that was not many. I decided to forgo most thickbar except thumbless holds which helped and really study what Chez was doing - obviously at much, much lower scale:) Long story short the last 6 months I have had maybe 40-45 gripper workouts and 20 ish SB sessions- I got what I put into it. Now the focus is pinch and a sledge feat.

I would love to know who the sneaky J was that questioned your rows. I’ve ever seen anything questionable about any of your postings ever.

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Your SB has exploded as of late for sure!!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💪🏿

45 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I would love to know who the sneaky J was that questioned your rows. I’ve ever seen anything questionable about any of your postings ever.

Thanks Joe. Some uninitiated person I guess. I take great pride and have enormous confidence in all rowing but especially 1 arm rows- Like I have told you in the past I have never seen anyone(275lb and under) do what I can do without straps or gloves- maybe Eric Budenhagen?... The guy questioning my form maybe forgot to watch my numerous greshamgripper rows- those are extremely difficult and cannot be done without total command. IMO and many others including Budenhagen, top-end rows always will have body english in order to get stronger

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe. Some uninitiated person I guess. I take great pride and have enormous confidence in all rowing but especially 1 arm rows- Like I have told you in the past I have never seen anyone(275lb and under) do what I can do without straps or gloves- maybe Eric Budenhagen?... The guy questioning my form maybe forgot to watch my numerous greshamgripper rows- those are extremely difficult and cannot be done without total command. IMO and many others including Budenhagen, top-end rows always will have body english in order to get stronger

The way to true strength will always have some body movement when reaching extreme levels. It shocks the system and gets the body used to heavier loads. Just like with the sledge.... a man will never lever a 20 if he does not practice with a 20... gotta get used to the stress and “cheat” it for a while to actually get strong enough to hit it strict 

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Cheater.

🤣

• Haha 1

9/7/18 workout- early A.M. worked on technique/patterns on 2HP- trying to incorporate tips. Plate pinching 2 35's with 2.5- 8lb added for about 6-7 set. Variety of wrist curls. Dropped off our son at school then finished up- BWT hang(PR by 3 seconds LOL) Fatgripz 61 seconds. Giant set - Rockrings, Gripper 2.5 10x2 fast as I can, Parris device and extensor device very little rest x 10 sets

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

9/10/18 late afternoon workout due to busy A.M.  Various sledge work, WW worked up to 96x2 got frustrated as I let weight drift forward on my 3rd rep attempt, Grippul x 4 sets, straight arm pushdowns 5x and 1 arm DB rows high rep work. Planks and back ext. SS 4x

• Like 2

9/11/18 God Bless America.  A.M. workout Diesel crew pinch block crucifix hold 29 and 27 seconds 34.5lbs, plate laterals, Incline CG 225lb 5x5, Flyes 2x many and triceps potpourri roughly 15 plus sets.

9/13/18 warmup with pullaparts and face pulls, RT pull-ups top-end set x9 almost 10 reps- at my weight(total weight 230 this A.M. due to pot of coffee and Chinese takeout last night) and not doing RT pull-ups since last year very pleased- hands tired but felt strong, my back always strong:) except low back:(  Hip belt squats x6, ham sliders x4, calves x6,  2 HP flask working on technique still 4x, IM BB 71x4 PR, finger roll workout and sledge choke work x 1, x1 seated 8lb stamped deadlift from end 30 1/2"

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

9/13/18 warmup with pullaparts and face pulls, RT pull-ups top-end set x9 almost 10 reps- at my weight(total weight 230 this A.M. due to pot of coffee and Chinese takeout last night) and not doing RT pull-ups since last year very pleased- hands tired but felt strong, my back always strong:) except low back:(  Hip belt squats x6, ham sliders x4, calves x6,  2 HP flask working on technique still 4x, IM BB 71x4 PR, finger roll workout and sledge choke work x 1, x1 seated 8lb stamped deadlift from end 30 1/2"

Found this very interesting, last time I did RT pull-ups Dec 3rd '17 essentially same total weight (231) as today and almost identical amount of reps and failure at 10th rep, LOL

• Like 1

9/14/18 A.M. workout- warmup up YTWL, light sho presses, B.W. SS with grippers x many, Greshamgripper rows x3, biceps x6 sets, Rogers curl x5, and finished off with 36KG. KB bottoms up hold(34.7sec)-great for wrists and maintaining character:)

9/16/18 workout- WW lifted 101.3 lbs to 10" (PR) and BSS Highland Ring 360 LB NO hook first attempt- really like this- will use it a lot for B.W. -Planks and Back ext. x5 SS

• Like 1