Kluv#0

GreshamGripper training log

Kluv#0

10/21/18 A.M workout  Hip thrusters 4x, SLDL 4x, Double suitcase DL 5x, pullups, and various rows. Double suitcase below- 226lb Rogue 2.0 and 185 lb IM axle- anyone who thinks smallish hands can only be strong at Griptopz needs to enter my contest in May and bring your lunch pail. No hook grip in suitcase DL

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 4

Mike Rinderle

Strong work!

• Thanks 1

NealB

I saw that you train super early and was wondering about your pre training ritual and nutrition. I just had a son and my only opportunity to get a full uninterrupted workout is in the morning now and I'm having a tough time acclimating. If you have some free time could you pass some advice along. Thank you in advance.

• Thanks 1

Kluv#0
35 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong work!

Thanks CEO

Kluv#0
33 minutes ago, NealB said:

I saw that you train super early and was wondering about your pre training ritual and nutrition. I just had a son and my only opportunity to get a full uninterrupted workout is in the morning now and I'm having a tough time acclimating. If you have some free time could you pass some advice along. Thank you in advance.

Neal, weekdays I do have to workout early- My wife use to massage my arms and back but now I awake 2 hours early so I use foam roller for back and lower arms, Epsom salt soak of hands 20 minutes, and Tabata Jumping jacks and Iam ready. Nutrition-Prior to foam rolling and soak of hands I have bowl of oatmeal with sprinkle of haters/jellies on it, pot of coffee(unless I do pullups and no liquid- I think it may help me squeak a 1/2 rep w/o the extra liquid weight) during workout Rockstar energy drink and afterwards 50G protein drink with PBJ. I have traded alcohol/chew addiction for grip addiction so it is fairly easy to get motivated- although I still listen to enter sandman and going the distance prior, LOL. Early evening before workout I will use tennis ball to release tightness in hands and lower arm and that has been a game changer. Hope this novel helps and if you want the vids on the tennis ball releases let me know- P.S. I love that extensor implement!!

• Like 1

NealB
2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Neal, weekdays I do have to workout early- My wife use to massage my arms and back but now I awake 2 hours early so I use foam roller for back and lower arms, Epsom salt soak of hands 20 minutes, and Tabata Jumping jacks and Iam ready. Nutrition-Prior to foam rolling and soak of hands I have bowl of oatmeal with sprinkle of haters/jellies on it, pot of coffee(unless I do pullups and no liquid- I think it may help me squeak a 1/2 rep w/o the extra liquid weight) during workout Rockstar energy drink and afterwards 50G protein drink with PBJ. I have traded alcohol/chew addiction for grip addiction so it is fairly easy to get motivated- although I still listen to enter sandman and going the distance prior, LOL. Early evening before workout I will use tennis ball to release tightness in hands and lower arm and that has been a game changer. Hope this novel helps and if you want the vids on the tennis ball releases let me know- P.S. I love that extensor implement!!

Thank you very much for the great advice. I'm going to try some of these things into my routine and see if it helps. I've heard about the tennis ball about a year ago and use that a lot, it helps recovery big time. Thanks again for your time and also good luck with training.