Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

Nice work Mike!

& the CEO won't be able to stay away for very long. He eats iron for breakfast, it's in his blood. How many other strength forums are there where B.S takes a back seat to video evidence of any claims made ?

He's a no B.S guy, where else where could he go?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Raymond said:

He's a no B.S guy, where else where could he go?

Therapy.  

• Like 1

Yesterday had 2 long workout's 10/14/19  PR on FBBC 2.5" that SPINS(vid below)crossbar set 6.5" and PR for 3 reps on shallow dubhub 60x3 -dude way. Lots of rowing, thumbless DB FGX DL, grippers, biceps and hip belt squats, RR workout. 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Yesterday had 2 long workout's 10/14/19  PR on FBBC 2.5" that SPINS(vid below)crossbar set 6.5" and PR for 3 reps on shallow dubhub 60x3 -dude way. Lots of rowing, thumbless DB FGX DL, grippers, biceps and hip belt squats, RR workout. 

Nice job! You doing KK? 

10/16/19  Had not touched IM hub since August but pulled 83.4 lb(vid below) after shallow hub work  RIP NSUKU -KING forever

• Like 5

10/18/19 work on my left- PR on OVERHAND Levertop 43.1 (vid below) - much more difficult than underhand - great way to work extensors and supinators. Try to keep forearm parallel. Also, in vid is the Titan clubs 15lb and 25lb which I got for under 100 bucks w/ Free shipping. Have a great weekend 

Shot ball kept on well above 10" and forearm kept pretty darn level right out of gate until ball falls

levertop.jpg.8db15df6a4ed26b4aa074dd9b5f0d55f.jpg

• Like 3

10/20/19 work on left again, IM axle curl - NO collars- 65.5lb vid below, wrist and KP work( 25 singles at 62lb mini- inch pinch with left)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Have been working on and attending to various aspects of life outside of grip but still have right hand thunder:) video below. 151lb 3" Trilobite THUMBLESS x 3 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Have been working on and attending to various aspects of life outside of grip but still have right hand thunder:) video below. 151lb 3" Trilobite THUMBLESS x 3 

That’s FREAKIN YUUUGGEE! Can you do the same with thumbs?

Thanks Joe, I only use the largest handles for thumbless work - where I circle is the 2" handles. Tanner, Gil, T.L., Carl, Tank, Eric R. and maybe a few others can do 151 lbs. for 3 reps on a free spinning Trilobite at 7 3/4" crossbar with thumb.

11/24/19 Excellent all-around grip workout. Grippers top end COC #3(153) 3 reps 20mm, 25 reps 20MM COC #2 (102), suitcase IM axle deadlifts 172 x5 (right) and massive amount of siick sledge work and titan 25lb club. Finished with 81 lbs. x 3 reps IM hub and 4 sets of IM axle tosses(vid below) - rusty but was satisfied after not doing them for 6 months- functional strength builder for sure! Other vid was yesterday screwing around doing a clamp lift(no use of thumbs) smooth sides of  2- 20 kgs- which was fairly hard.

• Like 2

11/26/19 Finger strengthening workout. lots of Fat gripz hanging, best vid below( 341lbs total 20 seconds) 100lb plate rim rows x10 vid below(no thumb use) and 15 minutes of RR 10/5 repeaters.

• Like 1

11/27/19  NN 3" thumbless - nasty 3 sets. BSS Tips Tester 4 sets- top end vid below. Finished with 7x2 min. planks.

47 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Nice set & sweet new plates. 💪

Thanks Beast!! I was thinking of ya when I saw the NAGS grip events 🏆 great selection of events. I love the new plates but can be somewhat challenging to stack and remove on loading pin. Thanks again for checking on my log🙏🦁

12/2/19 A.M. grip workout- Grippers 8x2 145 CPW Hybrid, tugs, IM hub work(ouch), WOG shallow hub, 3" axle curls (vid below) and wrist work rear sledge and Miller levers to finish( vid below)- these are named after Robert Miller,  who is the best I have ever seen at front sledge deadlifting

• Like 2

Strong curl!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Strong curl!

Thank you Eric🦁 Iam not great at curling but do enjoy doing curls with 3” axle and 3” Saxon 

• Like 1

12/4/19 A.M. workout. BSS Tips Tester work- vid below 226.9 lbs. x 29,  RR x 10 minutes and Hip belt squats. Love the TT just make sure your fingertips are conditioned before real work. Crossbar set 7 5/8"

Edited by Kluv#0
additional info
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

12/4/19 A.M. workout. BSS Tips Tester work- vid below 226.9 lbs. x 29,  RR x 10 minutes and Hip belt squats. Love the TT just make sure your fingertips are conditioned before real work. Crossbar set 7 5/8"

What’s a good lift on this apparatus, Miguel? I’ve gotten close to 400 using the arm assassin thumb blaster reversed for tips testing. Don’t know how this compares though.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What’s a good lift on this apparatus, Miguel? I’ve gotten close to 400 using the arm assassin thumb blaster reversed for tips testing. Don’t know how this compares though.

300lbs on BSS Tips Tester is very good 350lbs plus is baad man status. AA thumblaster is not a good compare. I think Tanner, Clay, Yves and Martins "could" get 400 lbs -  but I have never seen 400lbs on it. Take a look at BSS leaderboard or NAGS top 100- very interesting results but one thing is pure finger strength is paramount. 

21 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

300lbs on BSS Tips Tester is very good 350lbs plus is baad man status. AA thumblaster is not a good compare. I think Tanner, Clay, Yves and Martins "could" get 400 lbs -  but I have never seen 400lbs on it. Take a look at BSS leaderboard or NAGS top 100- very interesting results but one thing is pure finger strength is paramount. 

Yea I never used one so I don’t know . When it’s used is it only with the fingers or is there also thumb involvement? When I try tips stuff I don’t use my thumb at all just the tips and I don’t touch the apparatus with the thumbs  but I don’t know what the rules are for it.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea I never used one so I don’t know . When it’s used is it only with the fingers or is there also thumb involvement? When I try tips stuff I don’t use my thumb at all just the tips and I don’t touch the apparatus with the thumbs  but I don’t know what the rules are for it.

Tips Tester is different shape and fixed position. Trust me, not many are close to 400lbs on TT. Only world class climbers and massive men with world class finger strength. Its all about finger strength - thumb use is minimal at best.  Once again, AA thumbblaster is NOT a good compare

51 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Tips Tester is different shape and fixed position. Trust me, not many are close to 400lbs on TT. Only world class climbers and massive men with world class finger strength. Its all about finger strength - thumb use is minimal at best.  Once again, AA thumbblaster is NOT a good compare

You  already said that above that is wasn’t comparable , wasn’t debating that, so I don’t understand the reiterating of it. Didn’t ask about AA again in comparison.

I DID describe how I do tips devices in regard to thumbs. Was asking about the tips tester itself as I have zero experience with it , in the second post and how it’s to be held in the hand and if there is thumb involvement....so AA is not what’s being asked about... thanks for your time, Mike.

Edited by Guest

12/8/19  A.M. workout bunch of dead stop pushups with 50lbs on back and wrist work vid below- 36kg(79.4lbs)Kettlebell wrist Dl last 3reps on right hand I do it eyes covered with cap

Friday highlight 2" trilobite 195lbs x 8+ reps- NO tilt, bouncing or re-gripping.

12/11/19 300lbs close grip x2 (hands 9" apart) superset with BSS TT 300lbs x 3 BWT is 222lbs 7 1/2" load pin next to right foot for scale. Anyone do this at my BWT or less?