Makula53 training log

Kluv#0

sledge rear/front coin DL lift-  I increased rear sledge to 12lb stamped(13.4)front is 8lb stamped (9.4)

• Like 3

Week of Dec 2nd- 7th  Very good week for me culminating in the below IM axle Thumbless PR pull. Grippers doing well- I hope it continues and my rowing game is up to my standards now.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Week of Dec 2nd- 7th  Very good week for me culminating in the below IM axle Thumbless PR pull. Grippers doing well- I hope it continues and my rowing game is up to my standards now.

Strong pull Mike!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong pull Mike!

Thanks CEO I appreciate it. I eliminated all of the smallish lifts(except IM hub) and it seems to be working. My low back doesn't really like these thumbless as I have a tendency to drift forward on my DL anyway but even more so on thumbless. Have a great weekend big guy!

• Like 2

Santa Thomas doing work at 3:30 A.M. - no coffee or rockstar so decided to wake up doing these- use judgement/caution if attempting  - Thanks

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Santa Thomas doing work at 3:30 A.M. - no coffee or rockstar so decided to wake up doing these- use judgement/caution if attempting  - Thanks

Awesome! I gotta give that a shot!

• Thanks 1

Are those the Cap hundies?

34 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Are those the Cap hundies?

Thanks big guy, these are "standard" 100 lb plates - I bought these from an older gentleman(sheet probably not much older than me, LOL) last year for $100 for both! I keep one on the v-bar and the other on Griptopz load pin for ATB. I came across an old video of Kurt Weidner doing these so I figured I would give it a try this A.M. instead of rows and finger rolls

27 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks big guy, these are "standard" 100 lb plates - I bought these from an older gentleman(sheet probably not much older than me, LOL) last year for $100 for both! I keep one on the v-bar and the other on Griptopz load pin for ATB. I came across an old video of Kurt Weidner doing these so I figured I would give it a try this A.M. instead of rows and finger rolls

Badassery.  I couldn't figure out how to do them on the caps.  Not much of a rim!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Badassery.  I couldn't figure out how to do them on the caps.  Not much of a rim!

Yes, these Standard plates are only 3/4" deep with slight taper but not a slippery eel like the Cap. The Cap 101 is a beast:)

• Like 1

Week of 12/9- 12/15. Was an incredible/joyous week from a parent perspective watching our sons first BB game last Tuesday- much better than any lift,crush or pull I have ever done. As far as grip related still on upward trajectory and put up PRs in several foundational lifts. However, can't always be blue skies as below picture is of me after numerous failed SB #4(216) attempts. Mucho respect for all gripsters as we mostly share same tough mentality.

604908017_4.png.1deef712165d18b6c6ea511d635295bd.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Week of 12/9- 12/15. Was an incredible/joyous week from a parent perspective watching our sons first BB game last Tuesday- much better than any lift,crush or pull I have ever done. As far as grip related still on upward trajectory and put up PRs in several foundational lifts. However, can't always be blue skies as below picture is of me after numerous failed SB #4(216) attempts. Mucho respect for all gripsters as we mostly share same tough mentality.

604908017_4.png.1deef712165d18b6c6ea511d635295bd.png

Just being able to  set a 216 #4 is a feat within itself. Most will never do it

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Just being able to  set a 216 #4 is a feat within itself. Most will never do it

Joe, never thought of that but very good point.  I ordered 2 #4 about 3-4 months ago and they came back rated bricks 216 and 220. A 213 will be in mailbox tomorrow so hopefully get better bite.

I have failed 10x as much as I have succeeded in lifting and life.  Makes the victories that much sweeter.  If you ain't failin, you ain't tryin hard enough or reaching high enough.  Bully to you sir!

• Like 1

This A.M. was final workout for me in '18 as its family getaway time- I will still bring grippers and SB:) Below vids done Sat and this A.M.show very good balance that I have worked hard for in addition 2018 MM1 and MM2 and GHP 7 certs. IM  Axle I muscled it  slow on purpose so not to re-injure my back before big contest. Merry Christmas to all and a great new year '19 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

Strong finish to a strong year!

• Thanks 1

Deleting videos for storage space but here was my 2nd ever attempt at CCS #3 147 - attempted last Monday. I always thought my hands too small(ring and Pinkie)to cert #3 but I think with lots of CCS practice and rested paws  I would have a chance 152 and below 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Deleting videos for storage space but here was my 2nd ever attempt at CCS #3 147 - attempted last Monday. I always thought my hands too small(ring and Pinkie)to cert #3 but I think with lots of CCS practice and rested paws  I would have a chance 152 and below 

Nice try! Very close 

22 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Also, if you’re ever looking to unload that, I am looking for a 145-148 gripper #3 for TNS practice, I would be interested. 😉

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice try! Very close 

Thanks. Not super close visually but I know how my hands felt prior to that on a whim attempt. I have been focusing hard on axle and SB, 3"saxon pinch so I was surprised how close I was all things considered. After OSH'19 I might drop(almost) everything and chase that cert. I would definitely give it a go next month if given opportunity

Edited by Kluv#0

Very nice.  Especially for not concentrating on it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the winter break and Christmas with the family. Took 8 days off and came back at it  Dec 26th for 5 days straight(3 grip and 2 legs/upperbody) felt refreshed and re-energized/excited for 2019. Middle of this month will be 36 years straight of paused 315lb minimum bench press- looking forward to finishing another year and then relaxing on it for 10 months:) Focusing on upcoming contest lifts and then springtime focus on OSH'19 - here is a lift a couple days ago, which is one of the lifts in OSH'19- very proud of the base strength I have achieved on this lift- Good news-270lbs of torque on the sledgehammer choke lift would easily be in top 10 NAGS. Bad news-only a ton behind Lucas:) Thanks Thomas crew and others who enjoy reading/watching. Focus and try as hard as you can, smell the roses along the way-life is short.

• Like 1

1/4/19 workout- IM axle close grip bench 301 lb x3 and lots of tricep pounding(pushdowns, Tate, skulls and kicks) - below is close grip IM axle 301 x3 and skullcrushers IM axle 160 x9. Great way to loosen up sore paws is to utilize the axle in various lifts following hard day of grip- yesterday was IM axle DL and 40 sets of rows:) BWT w/shoes on 228 -Have a good one

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have not posted for over a month- injured my low back on Jan. 11th showing off for my IG vid- lesson learned but brutal. Back much better still no axle lifting until Mid March. However, silver lining was getting hooking up with my grip soulmate Jerome bloom and my interest in Keypinch has been sparked again along with hub. Few highlights from since last entry- have been working hard on grippers, hub and FB and 4-5lb within 200 on 2hp Flask- Thanks to Chris Rice.

FB hold 83lb for 3 seconds - just really starting to train for this past month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvMYPghC3A

SB #4 213# first time holding - big shout out to Tommy Jennings, Jr. who took the time to give me some tips which was really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJ32ygJUVY

IM hub 81.5 lb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FAmoP-DDpE&t=5s

Flask 193lb PR after Gripper cert attempt, all out gripper workout, SB, 1 arm DL, Rows, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isT7CzV4w4M

Edited by Kluv#0
spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Have not posted for over a month- injured my low back on Jan. 11th showing off for my IG vid- lesson learned but brutal. Back much better still no axle lifting until Mid March. However, silver lining was getting hooking up with my grip soulmate Jerome bloom and my interest in Keypinch has been sparked again along with hub. Few highlights from since last entry- have been working hard on grippers, hub and FB and 4-5lb within 200 on 2hp Flask- Thanks to Chris Rice.

FB hold 83lb for 3 seconds - just really starting to train for this past month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvMYPghC3A

SB #4 213# first time holding - big shout out to Tommy Jennings, Jr. who took the time to give me some tips which was really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJ32ygJUVY

IM hub 81.5 lb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FAmoP-DDpE&t=5s

Flask 193lb PR after Gripper cert attempt, all out gripper workout, SB, 1 arm DL, Rows, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isT7CzV4w4M

Oh man!  Sorry to hear you are hurt, Mike! What happened, exactly? Been there brother! Pray for a speedy recovery!!