Some matches from my latest armwrestling comp

David_wigren

Had some good matches yesterday. Took bronze both left and right arm in the 80 kg professional category. Best win was against Erlend Jenssen, who slipped in the first clip. This guy is one of the best light middleweight pullers from Norway. If you swipe left you can see my win against him in the strap. I managed to use my wrist strength against him very effectively by putting back pressure so that the bottom part of the strap dug in nice and hard into my wrist and acted as a base from which I could brace my wrist against and pronate hard. I feelt in the setup that his wrist wouldn’t be able to resist my pronation and sure enough, it was immediately bent back at the start and then I just attacked him with crazy side pressure.

I’m not to happy about my losses though. One match I lost due to elbow fouls, which I never usually do. I guess the guy I was fighting had a shorter forearm than I am used to so my elbow just left the back of the pad twice and I lost the match. Another match I lost was due to tactical errors. I thought I was strong enough to meet this guy inside a hook, but he supinated so hard and fast and with so much power that he took all my pronation and I had to hold him with nothing but my biceps, which he made short work of. I’ve felt this guy before during practice so I know I would’ve had a much better chance if I had top rolled. But, excuses are like assholes, everybody’s got one. If I had been stronger in the hook I would not have to bee here complaining about losses due to tactical errors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Still, bronze both hands in a pro class is nothing to scoff at!

well done, sir!

Thank tou Tommy! Yeah, I’m very happy. Erlend has competed at WAF world championships and Niclas in the third clip has been at the European championships. Andreas westman in the final clip has several top finishes in the proclass the past few years.

So this was a good indication that my training is going well. I know I can get alot stronger. My back pressure is still poor and I never train my side pressure. I’m still relatively new to the sport. I still can’t quite take on the swedes with international fame like Glenn Bengtsson or Nannestad with any success. But I’m not incredibly far off. Just a few more years and then hopefully.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:45 PM, Donc101 said:

Congrats David, nice work!

23 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Great job Wiggy!

Thank you brothers!

Lookin’ strong, David!  Congratulations!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pulled in another competition today. Managed to get 2nd place left arm and 3rd place right arm in the pro 78 kg division. This time the weigh in was just before the comp, so I actually had to weight 78 kg at the actual competition date. My quest for the 1st 1st place in the pro division continues. I will get it some day XD!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Pulled in another competition today. Managed to get 2nd place left arm and 3rd place right arm in the pro 78 kg division. This time the weigh in was just before the comp, so I actually had to weight 78 kg at the actual competition date. My quest for the 1st 1st place in the pro division continues. I will get it some day XD!

Nice hardware dude

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice hardware dude

Thank you, my friend! Have you had the opportunity at some more table time since last?

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Thank you, my friend! Have you had the opportunity at some more table time since last?

No I haven’t, but Luke is making me a table for my home as we speak!