Nathan Holle Curls 45lb plate

Roger Roberson

While yes Adam feat is harder did with many brands and one pound heavier but Nathan was more upright (still what Adam did is harder I assume). But the thread isn't Nathan vs anyone lol? Well done Nathan. Strong as usual. 

• Like 1

I can't find the video but luke does a pretty strict wrist curl with two 25lb plates pinched together.  I remember doing those awhile back when I was bending my video below is not nearly as strict as luke did it. I mainly tried it out just for fun but I think it would be possible to do a similar cheat curl with 2 35lb plates given the right plates. 

Luke has some really strong wrists which he has shown with sledge chokes(world record) and various wrist roller events and wrist curls. For active grip guys he is up there for the strongest wrists(the strongest in my opinion). 

Nathan is the king of crush no doubt but this video isn't as shocking to me as his gripper feats. Still very strong no doubt. I imagine his overall grip was very strong as well. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Either watch the whole vid and see other stuff, or start at 1:00 and see Adam Glass destroy some plate curls.

sorry guys.. couldnt let this one go unchecked. While Nathan is indeed the king of crush, Adam Glass is the undisputed king of wrist strength. Hands down. And for anyone not from the USA, 45lbs is heavier than 20k.

Nathan has cheated a 25kg olympic plate in the past.

As Alawadhi pointed out, this is not Nathan versus anyone.  It’s just a cool video I’m glad Roger posted. No claim was made that needed to be “checked.”

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Im just sayin.. everybody is on nathans weeny all of a sudden.

Please be relevant. 

Just posting as another guy uploads figure folks would want to look at some of his training . I know I’m enjoying see the videos 

1 hour ago, Roger Roberson said:

Just posting as another guy uploads figure folks would want to look at some of his training . I know I’m enjoying see the videos 

We are for sure. :)

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

As Alawadhi pointed out, this is not Nathan versus anyone.  It’s just a cool video I’m glad Roger posted. No claim was made that needed to be “checked.”

Agreed. 

• Like 2

When someone does something notable... let’s give them their accolades. In this world , there is always someone bigger, badder, stronger or smarter than us... bar none! I’m sure it is disheartening for the person performing an awesome feat to see someone say... yes, you did ok... but so and so does it better! We all know there are good, better and bests out there.... just give whoever it is the credit on their individual lift. Just my two cents... do with it what you will... 

11 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Thx Roger it's great to just see the size of Nathan on video, usually its just his forearm/hand you see.

If his videos are legit, he has the World's strongest crush by far, he deserves some respect.

16 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

if Luke could have curled a 45lb plate, he would have done it by now.

also, im probably gonna get called out for being “mean”, but im not a fan of the dumped hand wrist feats. Keep the hand and wrist straight or whats the point? 

And yeah, there is no contest.

Actually I have curled a 45lb old school york plate, it was a couple years ago. I had never tried and didnt actually think it would happen but hit it for a triple. James Fuller was standing right there witnessing it. I’ll have to try it again sometime but isn’t really a goal to do since I’ve already done it. 

As far as wrist strength goes there are many people that are better at specific wrist exercises than me and in the AW world some of those guys are freaks when it comes to wrist strength on a table but they can’t lift as much on wrist exercises. 

I wish Adam Glass and Nathan Holle would compete in a contest to actually see where they stand grip-wise. 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Btw, i now own the implement that helped lead Adam to his dominating 45lb plate curls.. would it be a travesty if i didnt use it the same as Adam? 🧐

And what implement is that?

21 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Wuuuuuut?!? A triple?!

imo, a strict 45lb plate curl represents the opitamy of wrist strength. Well done sir!

shout outs to you among others on the This Week In Grip episode with Jedd and Allen we recorded earlier. Check it out.

Ill be the first to say that they weren’t super strict with the wrist position...not a lot of swing but the last two were def in the dumped wrist position like when curling blobs