The Rindo GPP Manly Man Test

Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Fun challenge! Nice work, Mike! Way to represent us 50 year olds. 

Maybe after Raw Nationals I’ll check my mile time. That’s the only one that gives me cause for pause, at over 230 pounds. 

Can't wait to see how you do buddy!

• Like 1

Tomorrow is my first cheat day in quite awhile.  I'm planning on attempting the mile again Saturday morning fresh and with some glycogen in my legs.  Hoping to improve on my 10:33 time.  I think not doing this after the other 8 events may get me under 10:00.

I just tested my back squat - I had two goals.  My 70 list was 307# - Rindo's was 315#  I used my cambered squat bar and did a touch and go to a 16" box - it looked parallel to me anyway.  I worked up and got a very hard fought 307#  - rested a good while but couldn't do the 315#.  Not really disappointed but not thrilled either.  I haven't done any back squats in a long time - mostly lots of step ups with added weight.  So a descent carry over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

I just tested my back squat - I had two goals.  My 70 list was 307# - Rindo's was 315#  I used my cambered squat bar and did a touch and go to a 16" box - it looked parallel to me anyway.  I worked up and got a very hard fought 307#  - rested a good while but couldn't do the 315#.  Not really disappointed but not thrilled either.  I haven't done any back squats in a long time - mostly lots of step ups with added weight.  So a descent carry over.

Pretty dang strong!  In fact, I would venture that is world class for your age.

Does anyone know how to remove that pic?

49 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Guys, I removed it. :)

Gracias!

Pushing 50 lbs of stroller and 3 yo.  12:43 pace.  Goal is a sub 10 minute mile Saturday.

20180830_164427.jpg

Screenshot_20180830-164837_Google.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Push press 135 Done

Bench 225 – I don’t do barbell BP – I did do 60# dumbbells for 20 – not the same but all I am willing to do

Squat 315 – 307# so a miss here but at least close

Deadlift 405 haven’t tried this yet – I need to build up my deads again for a while before going for what for me will be a max lift – I did just pull 303# on the Axle for my 70 list if that counts?  LOL

Carry 168.5 lbs 20 yards – I have a 164# stone that I waddled with for 20 yards – I should have known I would have to carry it back J  I’ll count it as done because I did down and back – back sucked

3 Pull ups / chin ups: Easy peasy

2 minute plank Easy peasy

100m 15 seconds100 m row on Concept 2 – 17.8 seconds.  Not really sure how that compares to running. 

<8 min Mile – 2000 m row on concept 2 – 8:08.0 – good thing I had the trash can laid out close in advance.  Wasted my money on supper tonight.

I chose these distances because results are close to the running times.

I haven’t been on the rower for months and months so it wasn’t pretty.

I obviously can’t fight – my grandson (1 ½) gave me a bloody lip (Tonka Truck) last visit.

I do want to give a nod to "Step Ups".  They have been pretty much the only leg work I have done for most of a year now and I thought the carry over has been good.  That squat was not bad for me and I was pleased with the rowing times for not rowing for a long time. 

Edited by climber511
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Push press 135 Done

Bench 225 – I don’t do barbell BP – I did do 60# dumbbells for 20 – not the same but all I am willing to do

Deadlift 405 haven’t tried this yet – I need to build up my deads again for a while before going for what for me will be a max lift – I did just pull 303# on the Axle for my 70 list if that counts?  LOL

Carry 168.5 lbs 20 yards – I have a 164# stone that I waddled with for 20 yards – I should have known I would have to carry it back J  I’ll count it as done because I did down and back – back sucked

100m 15 seconds100 m row on Concept 2 – 17.8 seconds.  Not really sure how that compares to running. 

<8 min Mile – 2000 m row on concept 2 – 8:08.0 – good thing I had the trash can laid out close in advance.  Wasted my money on supper tonight.

I obviously can’t fight – my grandson (1 ½) gave me a bloody lip (Tonka Truck) last visit.

I do want to give a nod to "Step Ups".  They have been pretty much the only leg work I have done for most of a year now and I thought the carry over has been good.  That squat was not bad for me and I was pleased with the rowing times for not rowing for a long time. 

Impressive work, Chris!

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Push press 135 Done

Amazing job Chris!

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Push press 135 Done

Super strong & fit💪

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

9:57 mile.  😰

Awesome. You'll be to 8 in no time. You have the speed with that sprint time, just need to build endurance and that's the easy part.

19 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome. You'll be to 8 in no time. You have the speed with that sprint time, just need to build endurance and that's the easy part.

You keep using thar word... easy.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

mp2.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

9:57 mile.  😰

Dry your tears, Mike. That’s a solid time at 240 pounds and 50 years!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Dry your tears, Mike. That’s a solid time at 240 pounds and 50 years!

Thanks buddy.  Gave her my all.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 7:23 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

My lifetime PRs for each of these:

-100m: no idea, but I ran a 53 second 400m in high school
- Mile: no idea, but I ran a 16:30 5k in high school cross country, so at least 5 minutes.

I seriously doubt if ANYONE on this forum was able to do that. A 53 second 400m for a high school Cross County runner is damn fast. And, not many cross country runners end up in strength sports. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I seriously doubt if ANYONE on this forum was able to do that. A 53 second 400m for a high school Cross County runner is damn fast. And, not many cross country runners end up in strength sports. 

I high jumped 6'4" with no arch.  I was 6'3" and about 167.  Lol

37 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

My best run time for 3 Miles was when I was in the marines at 230 pounds for  19:05. I was pretty quick for a big guy . Unfortunately I think running really cause my back surgery. Lifting, I feel was maybe not the culprit 

52 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I high jumped 6'4" with no arch.  I was 6'3" and about 167.  Lol

I said I "seriously doubt" the 400/5K double for anyone else on the Forum. I would bet 100 bucks that no one on this board could EVER in their lives do that, PLUS a 6'4" HJ. Unless there is a collegiate-level decathlete on this forum...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

My best run time for 3 Miles was when I was in the marines at 230 pounds for  19:05. I was pretty quick for a big guy . Unfortunately I think running really cause my back surgery. Lifting, I feel was maybe not the culprit 

Oh yeah, at 230 pounds, that is moving for that distance. For a marine, you must have been in the "Point 1%".

1 minute ago, Hubgeezer said:

Oh yeah, at 230 pounds, that is moving for that distance. For a marine, you must have been in the "Point 1%".

Yes the only thing that kept me from getting a perfect PFT score was that I could not do an 18 minute 3 Miles..... the ones that could were string beans. The pull-ups and the sit ups were a joke. Always got the perfect score for them.

2 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I said I "seriously doubt" the 400/5K double for anyone else on the Forum. I would bet 100 bucks that no one on this board could EVER in their lives do that, PLUS a 6'4" HJ. Unless there is a collegiate-level decathlete on this forum...

All state in hoops.  I peaked in high school.  Haha

Was never strong but could run like crazy and jump out of the gym.  Took me decades to put on size and strength.