Nathan Holle Coc4 CCS

Roger Roberson

18 hours ago, Cannon said:

Agreed.  I think Teemu I also closed a Pro although I cannot remember if it was from a choker.  It was "narrow" even though no purposefully narrow Tettings were ever produced.  Wes might have closed a similar narrow Pro.  It's not unheard of and likely a 190-200s gripper (given there is also the mount to consider).  

Considering the variety of grippers involved---and mind you this is totally my own irresponsible wild-ass guess---I would ballpark Nathan would need to be good for a 220 rating to accomplish what we've seen from him.  Others (Durniat, etc) have matched that and more from a choker so it's not too outlandish I don't think.

He TNSed it lol. I remember the video (I think). But he said somewhere around 190 to 200 and narrow so real strength is around 175 gripper.

2 hours ago, Royz said:

I remember that one. To me that might just be the most impressive crush feat ever. Because at least for me personally an inverted close is waaaaaaaaay harder than a CCS close.

Wonder what happened to him?

He got bored. But was very strong. He close the elite with two fingers (or was it close and hold with two fingers?)

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

He got bored.

That's just so irritating. To be that strong and then become bored doing feats that most people can only dream about..😡

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Royz said:

That's just so irritating. To be that strong and then become bored doing feats that most people can only dream about..😡

Imagine going to a gym built for children, with nothing over 15lbs. You would be able to do amazing feats and they would all be impressed but you would be bored very quickly since it's no longer fulfilling. 

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

Imagine going to a gym built for children, with nothing over 15lbs. You would be able to do amazing feats and they would all be impressed but you would be bored very quickly since it's no longer fulfilling. 

🤔 But all other adults would be able to do those feats as well... If it really was that easy for him he could have at least bothered to get the #4 cert.

36 minutes ago, Royz said:

🤔 But all other adults would be able to do those feats as well... If it really was that easy for him he could have at least bothered to get the #4 cert.

Okay, then it's tiny elves and you're the only human. It would very easy to lose interest.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Okay, then it's tiny elves and you're the only human. It would very easy to lose interest.

That's why I have a lot of respect for guys who try to be as good as they can be and doesn't worry too much about what other people are doing. Usain Bolt is a good example of this, he could have retired in 2009 if he wanted to. He never beat his WR from that year but he won a lot more gold medals after that. Nobody was ever really close to him when he was in his prime.

I think every athlete should have this mindset. Try to be as good as YOU can be.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

😂😂 Yes I see your point now.

13 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

That's why I have a lot of respect for guys who try to be as good as they can be and doesn't worry too much about what other people are doing. Usain Bolt is a good example of this, he could have retired in 2009 if he wanted to. He never beat his WR from that year but he won a lot more gold medals after that. Nobody was ever really close to him when he was in his prime.

I think every athlete should have this mindset. Try to be as good as YOU can be.

I agree, who cares what others do... it you against you... and do it for your own satisfaction and joy. If you don’t like it anymore, don’t do it.

Holle on youtube…"sorry I missed your questions . I have credit card set a new 4( from the packet) . The Ghp 9 cert was part of the same training session as all these videos .

• Like 2

If the whole training session where Nathan certified on the GHP 9 was recorded then Nathan closing a new 4 with a CCS from the packet might still exist.

I remember someone on the gripboard saying that Nathan asked that not all of the video be shown or something to that effect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just asked Nathan if he had ever closed a GHP 10 and he said yes:bow. I mean it's just mind boggling, hard to comprehend,😁 I'm assuming mms or similar set not sure. He mentioned a future video with it.

Nathan also mentioned being stronger now than he was back when this video of the CCS was done in 2012. 

19 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Im not trying to be a dick here, but you are bombarding him with a ton of questions about basically the same things, also going as far as to pay for a new coc#4 gripper so he can prove to the world he can do it. Remember he probably doesn't care that much about proving it at all, he already knows he can and it seems to be enough for him. I am excited about his strength as well but wouldnt you think it would be a little annoying being on the recieving end here?

I mean if he finds it bothersome maybe he won't put out those videos he says he will. 

Thanks for the input, no I'm asking him different questions, and I have every right to. Why not? The guy has been in seclusion all this time, and it's the only chance to ask him such things, he has never been apart of any forum that I've seen. 

No not annoying at all, he chose to open a channel on youtube, naturally people that are curious would want to know certain things, and now I do. His responses are always really warm and positive and he always ends a post with 'hope your training is going well;

If my posts here are annoying well that's a different story and I'll stop sharing, way to turn a bit of exciting info into a negative. Cheers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

in regards to what i think, i think if a guy does any form of certification, then they void the shy guy card. And in a show of good faith, they need to agree to any attempts a doubter feels to the need to go to to prove the individual in question is legit.

as i said above, the burden of proof lies on the prosecution.. and i would suggest that any attempt (by a doubter) to go out of their way to get a gripper to, or cover any costs of proving that legitimacy, counts as bearing that burden. So imo, kasparov is doing it right.

Interesting points.  This is a mixed bag for me. 

I agree that there is nothing wrong with asking questions.  If Nathan doesn't like the traffic, he can ignore.  But inquiring minds want to know... and if he answers maybe there will be something insightful or valuable. 

On the other hand, I think certifications actually earn you the shy guy card.  I think if you are quietly doing world-class feats in training, then you need to substantiate your claims if you want to be taken seriously.  Like document on video, take someone up on an offer like kasparov's, or certify.  But once you start documenting the achievements with actual certifications, it removes the doubt in my mind.  I like that Nathan has done certifications and I think that lends legitimacy.  I also think that gives room to "be shy" and still taken seriously.  Strictly my opinion though.      

I don't like the GHP 10 claim though.... Nathan or not, I simply will have to see that one to believe it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Interesting points.  This is a mixed bag for me. 

I agree that there is nothing wrong with asking questions.  If Nathan doesn't like the traffic, he can ignore.  But inquiring minds want to know... and if he answers maybe there will be something insightful or valuable. 

On the other hand, I think certifications actually earn you the shy guy card.  I think if you are quietly doing world-class feats in training, then you need to substantiate your claims if you want to be taken seriously.  Like document on video, take someone up on an offer like kasparov's, or certify.  But once you start documenting the achievements with actual certifications, it removes the doubt in my mind.  I like that Nathan has done certifications and I think that lends legitimacy.  I also think that gives room to "be shy" and still taken seriously.  Strictly my opinion though.      

I don't like the GHP 10 claim though.... Nathan or not, I simply will have to see that one to believe it. 

Agreed with all the points.

Part of me is afraid that it's not really Nathan, as whatever gripper you mention to him he has closed it. And it takes a leap of faith especially with the Tetting Pro and GHP 10, which he claims that he has closed both.

If it's really true then that's just staggering strength, closing a GHP 10 on video would be incredible beyong words.

He's stated that he has had alot of requests from different people and that he will be making videos again soon.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Matt,

i agree with those points.

and further on the GHP 10. The one Eric and I rated came in at over 250lbs. Not at all suggesting that all of them are 250ish, but i am confident that just about all GHP10s will fall within 10% of that, one way or the other. Which is still a remarkable close if it comes in at 90% of 250.

Exactly. Of the 24 CPW has rated the average is 257 with 244 low and 268 high.  Close enough that it bears out your guesstimate. 

Ima need to see dat close :whacked

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Matt,

i agree with those points.

and further on the GHP 10. The one Eric and I rated came in at over 250lbs. Not at all suggesting that all of them are 250ish, but i am confident that just about all GHP10s will fall within 10% of that, one way or the other. Which is still a remarkable close if it comes in at 90% of 250.

Tommy haven't you chest crushed the GHP 10? How does it feel compared to the 9?

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Picture laying your hand on the ground, or bracing it somehow, and someone laying near 300lbs in your palm with a gripper handle width piece of metal..

Wow thats some serious pressure on your palms! I'm amazed that you can chest crush that beast. Crazy heavy gripper for sure.

I believe Nathan since he’s the king of crush imo but I would love to see a ghp 10 close. For the same reason as Tommy and Cannon. I think the frustrating thing is that he’s so far ahead of everyone but not active in the community. I’m sure a lot of us feel the same. It sounds selfish but I would love to see this stuff in person. Not because I doubt him but because it just so amazing. As a fellow crush guy, I would travel to meet up and train with him.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 10:39 AM, Hopefully said:

Im not trying to be a dick here, but you are bombarding him with a ton of questions about basically the same things, also going as far as to pay for a new coc#4 gripper so he can prove to the world he can do it. Remember he probably doesn't care that much about proving it at all, he already knows he can and it seems to be enough for him. I am excited about his strength as well but wouldnt you think it would be a little annoying being on the recieving end here?

I mean if he finds it bothersome maybe he won't put out those videos he says he will. 

Nothing is wrong in asking questions at all. But if I was asked the same question over and over and ask me to be paid to do a certain thing I already have done, I would block that person and be at peace lol. Then will do that certain feat.

21 hours ago, kasparov said:

Agreed with all the points.

Part of me is afraid that it's not really Nathan, as whatever gripper you mention to him he has closed it. And it takes a leap of faith especially with the Tetting Pro and GHP 10, which he claims that he has closed both.

If it's really true then that's just staggering strength, closing a GHP 10 on video would be incredible beyong words.

He's stated that he has had alot of requests from different people and that he will be making videos again soon.

Tetting Pro close is mentioned by Chris James in his old log so that adds a bit of credibility (in addition to these "new" amazing videos he uploaded). Of course no one knows the rating though.

Also depends on the set which we don't know anything about. Maybe he's done the Pro and GHP 10 from a very deep set. GHP 10 with the block would confirm my suspicion Nathan is some form of Marvel character, likely the incredible Hulk in his angriest form painted with human skin color.

Edited by Anemptybox

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you guys are talking of a different comment, he never said he had closed a ghp 10, he was asked if he had tried one and he said he has and that he thought that might be a future video. I took that simply as he wants to cert it in future (these being comments after videos of ghp block set closes). 

What he does say however is that he has CCS closed a new #4 in training. This is the video I would like to see as the #4 he closed CCS looked to be the easiest of the 4 grippers he closed in that video. I believe whatever he says, im not one to assume someone is dishonest, especially if that strong, just would like to see the video. As for beef builder pro, I'd have to check the poundages again but isn't the pro around a 4.5 and the world class 5.0? He can definitely close a 4.5 level gripper IMO.