Nathan Holle Coc4 CCS

Roger Roberson

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Unless you guys are talking of a different comment, he never said he had closed a ghp 10, he was asked if he had tried one and he said he has and that he thought that might be a future video. I took that simply as he wants to cert it in future (these being comments after videos of ghp block set closes). 

What he does say however is that he has CCS closed a new #4 in training. This is the video I would like to see as the #4 he closed CCS looked to be the easiest of the 4 grippers he closed in that video. I believe whatever he says, im not one to assume someone is dishonest, especially if that strong, just would like to see the video. As for beef builder pro, I'd have to check the poundages again but isn't the pro around a 4.5 and the world class 5.0? He can definitely close a 4.5 level gripper IMO.

My personal opinion, but it seems like everyone in this internet age thinks someone is lying or dishonest about strength. If someone I know is strong told me they did something, I believe them. If they have the video? Even better. I don’t understand the questioning of guys we have seen over and over do amazing things as lying about  doing something. Also, IMO, someone would have to be severely lacking in their self worth and integrity to cheat a grip feat. Marco Buhl has also said this. If someone says they did it, he believes them until proven otherwise as words between men. I guess I’m old school and new internet thinking. Because not for nothing, but what did men do before the video in everyone’s pocket era? So funny, but sad that we can’t take men we know are strong and have proven themselves at their word. Now if it’s someone that’s just appeared and we have never seen do anything? Now that’s a whole other ball game.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

My personal opinion, but it seems like everyone in this internet age thinks someone is lying or dishonest about strength. If someone I know is strong told me they did something, I believe them. If they have the video? Even better. I don’t understand the questioning of guys we have seen over and over do amazing things as lying about  doing something. Also, IMO, someone would have to be severely lacking in their self worth and integrity to cheat a grip feat. Marco Buhl has also said this. If someone says they did it, he believes them until proven otherwise as words between men. I guess I’m old school and new internet thinking. Because not for nothing, but what did men do before the video in everyone’s pocket era? So funny, but sad that we can’t take men we know are strong and have proven themselves at their word. Now if it’s someone that’s just appeared and we have never seen do anything? Now that’s a whole other ball game.

Code of the gladiators to me, no gladiator would lie about these kind of things, so anybody with proven high level strength I would never question as it takes a gladiator mindset to get to that high level. Some people definitely do not feel that way however haha

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Code of the gladiators to me, no gladiator would lie about these kind of things, so anybody with proven high level strength I would never question as it takes a gladiator mindset to get to that high level. Some people definitely do not feel that way however haha

I agree 100% . I am a man, and I would not lie of my capabilities. I can’t see why another man would. It’s just beyond me to think of.... but like I said... if it was someone I never saw saying they did this or that, then I would ask to see. But people on here that we see over and over do great things? I would not question.

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Unfortunately humans lie sometimes. That's how reality works.

No ones debating that. I’m talking about people we already know are strong and capable. I see know reason to question them. It would be awfully pathetic if they lied

Someone asked Nathan in the YouTube comments section for his 45lb plate curl video to make a video of his training and Nathan replied with his weekly training routine!  He also said he would upload videos shortly of him training.

Very interesting and inspiring routine, I'm amazed Nathan still has the motivation and dedication after all these years when, perhaps, others in his shoes would have rested on their laurels.

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

No ones debating that. I’m talking about people we already know are strong and capable. I see know reason to question them. It would be awfully pathetic if they lied

Humans lie, end of story. It really doesn't matter how successful they are in their field. There are liars in all categories and it will always be, because it's part of human nature.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Unfortunately humans lie sometimes. That's how reality works.

When I had my FB account a former "grip" guy claimed he can double BWT double overhand IM axle- I said since the claim is on my page I need to see video or its B.S- He subsequently got miffed and I told him the reason I knew he couldn't do it is that I have sisters that were physically stronger than him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Humans lie, end of story. It really doesn't matter how successful they are in their field. There are liars in all categories and it will always be, because it's part of human nature.

Again, no ones debating that my man. I’m talking from my view on strength and others that are strong, that I would not question if they did it. If Jedd , Luke, Gil, Chez, etc etc told me they did something, I would not question them. We all know “people lie” dude.

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

Again, no ones debating that my man. I’m talking from my view on strength and others that are strong, that I would not question if they did it. If Jedd , Luke, Gil, Chez, etc etc told me they did something, I would not question them. We all know “people lie” dude.

I wouldn't question that either. What I would do is to take it for what it is, merely a statement.

I agree with Fist of Fury. In 2018. there's not a single reason to make a strength claim without a video. I don't believe a single thing I don't see with my eyes, but even there can be some manipulation. Either record the feat and show it to the world, or don't talk about it. Imagine if Eddie Hall said that he deadlifted 500 kg with no witnesses, nobody would believe it. That's why he came to the big stage and did it so the whole world can see it. 

8 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I agree with Fist of Fury. In 2018. there's not a single reason to make a strength claim without a video. I don't believe a single thing I don't see with my eyes, but even there can be some manipulation. Either record the feat and show it to the world, or don't talk about it. Imagine if Eddie Hall said that he deadlifted 500 kg with no witnesses, nobody would believe it. That's why he came to the big stage and did it so the whole world can see it. 

Ok I am sorry I said anything. My point is, I don’t know why anyone would lie and how pathetic it would be if they did. Already established strong people. Let’s let it go now. Was making the observation of “what did people do before all the camera phones”? Just lie all the time? 

Joe, I understand you 100%, and I'm like you, I'd never lie about anything to seem like I'm better than I am, strength related or not, but not everyone is like that, as you know. Before the camera phones, people did the feats with witnesses, and still a lot of the biggest claims are disputed today. We live in a corrupt world, where good people are scarce and I'm happy that most people that are seriously strong are pretty honest and honorable people, but there are world champion athletes with 0 integrity that will do anything to win (not gonna go into that here). So the standard is same for everyone, good, bad and ugly - record the record breaking feats, it's easy.

6 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Joe, I understand you 100%, and I'm like you, I'd never lie about anything to seem like I'm better than I am, strength related or not, but not everyone is like that, as you know. Before the camera phones, people did the feats with witnesses, and still a lot of the biggest claims are disputed today. We live in a corrupt world, where good people are scarce and I'm happy that most people that are seriously strong are pretty honest and honorable people, but there are world champion athletes with 0 integrity that will do anything to win (not gonna go into that here). So the standard is same for everyone, good, bad and ugly - record the record breaking feats, it's easy.

Yes ... 100% true. Sad, but true 

On 8/25/2018 at 4:41 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Only Nathan himself knows what was the hardest but I'm even more impressed by the four grippers in a row under four minutes with the GHP block. I'm surprised he didn't do more than one rep when he certed the GHP9.

My thoughts ... who cares when’s the next video coming out lol !!!

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am sorry to say but words means $h!t in the world. Especially on the internet. You guys haven't been around long enough, Kim Wood claiming his words are bonds. He claimed many thing including his son double lift the Millennium bell and walk to up the stairs. John Wood is very strong man. But the BS is even stronger. Tell me this Joe, you don't believe Abraham Lincoln did the axe with a pinch grip horizontally, right? Why will believe anyone else in grip? Will you believe Paul if he said he closes the #4 ten times TNS? There is no words between men here. If I said I lifted a blob, yes you can believe that. Because I have been witnessed to clean a blob with two fingers and is on video. So same feats or lesser is normal. But to believe me saying I cleaned a blob with 1 finger, that's a BS right there. @mobsterone surely agree's with no word in bond until proven. That's how the old timers got their repetition which you don't believe many. And Paul, there is no gladiator code or whatsoever. These are for movies and games like super mario and pokemon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

I am sorry to say but words means $h!t in the world. Especially on the internet. You guys haven't been around long enough, Kim Wood claiming his words are bonds. He claimed many thing including his son double lift the Millennium bell and walk to up the stairs. John Wood is very strong man. But the BS is even stronger. Tell me this Joe, you don't believe Abraham Lincoln did the axe with a pinch grip horizontally, right? Why will believe anyone else in grip? Will you believe Paul if he said he closes the #4 ten times TNS? There is no words between men here. If I said I lifted a blob, yes you can believe that. Because I have been witnessed to clean a blob with two fingers and is on video. So same feats or lesser is normal. But to believe me saying I cleaned a blob with 1 finger, that's a BS right there. @mobsterone surely agree's with no word in bond until proven. That's how the old timers got their repetition which you don't believe many. And Paul, there is no gladiator code or whatsoever. These are for movies and games like super mario and pokemon.

I see the point. I just look at it from the point of view that I would not lie.... that doesn’t mean others won’t. But that’s kind of what I said. People that I know are already strong, I don’t question. Ones that have already been proven to do great things. Now the Abraham Lincoln thing? That’s a joke.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I see the point. I just look at it from the point of view that I would not lie.... that doesn’t mean others won’t. But that’s kind of what I said. People that I know are already strong, I don’t question. Ones that have already been proven to do great things. Now the Abraham Lincoln thing? That’s a joke.

Of course, don't see others the way you think of themselves. We went through so much lies to fall in the same mistake again. You said it, Abraham Lincoln axe was a joke man.

5 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Of course, don't see others the way you think of themselves. We went through so much lies to fall in the same mistake again. You said it, Abraham Lincoln axe was a joke man.

Yes for sure!

I thought the first rule of Gripboard was No World Class Claims Without Video Proof.  I realize Nathan isn't on the GB making any claims, but this issue was a problem many years ago and Bill and the Mods enacted this rule to keep the GB a respected, civil place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I should start a forum and see who believes the Lincoln fairy tale!!

9 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Unless you guys are talking of a different comment, he never said he had closed a ghp 10, he was asked if he had tried one and he said he has and that he thought that might be a future video.

There's another comment thread in his #4 CCS video where he's asked if he has closed a GHP 10 and he said yes. Hope to see a video of it soon. I'd imagine it's a deep set and not GHP block.

8 hours ago, jchapman said:

I thought the first rule of Gripboard was No World Class Claims Without Video Proof.  I realize Nathan isn't on the GB making any claims, but this issue was a problem many years ago and Bill and the Mods enacted this rule to keep the GB a respected, civil place.

You’re right, there is a no World class claim without proof rule. 

As a mod, I feel like:

1) Nathan didn’t directly make the claim. 

2) This thread is actually about his #4 CCS feat which is documented. 

It’s a good reminder but I don’t think the conversation needs any moderation. But let’s stick to only substantiated claims. 

As a grip fan, I feel like:

1) I need to see a Pro close to believe it. 

😬

• Like 3