400 lb 1 Arm Deadlift - No strap

Mike Rinderle

14 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It's been a long time since I've tried on an oly bar, but I believe I did 250 to the front once with no hook. 

Huh, I've done 275 in the same manner to lockout and broke 3 plates off the ground, I should give this suitcase between the legs style a try

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Huh, I've done 275 in the same manner to lockout and broke 3 plates off the ground, I should give this suitcase between the legs style a try

It's been years since I tried it.  (Front and no hook).  I've done 350 to the front with a hook, but I don't think I ever tried more than 250 with just an overhand grip. If you could do 315 w/o a hook grip, that would be awesome! 

24 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It's been years since I tried it.  (Front and no hook).  I've done 350 to the front with a hook, but I don't think I ever tried more than 250 with just an overhand grip. If you could do 315 w/o a hook grip, that would be awesome! 

I dont use hook for anything. I know two people with nerve damage due to heavy hook grip. I only played around with the lift for a couple workouts after deadlift a couple years ago. 

Nice. A bend will for sure help. The couple times I messed with those I was at the gym and did put a bit of chalk on my hand but there was none on the bar. Is that bar smooth or knurled in the center. Mine were smooth

Edited by king crusher

4 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Cant remember. Im gonna go with yes since i dont know. I will check with J and see

Yeah that chalked up knurled center would make a massive difference.  It's still a good lift, which is just one of many from you man. 

At my age, after 2 back surgeries, I'm just glad stuff didn't shoot out my back.

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

At my age, after 2 back surgeries, I'm just glad stuff didn't shoot out my back.

What caused those kind of injuries to require two surgeries?

2 minutes ago, king crusher said:

What caused those kind of injuries to require two surgeries?

Years of hockey.  L4 L5.  

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Years of hockey.  L4 L5.  

Stay healthy, dont do anything too crazy to mess it back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Stay healthy, dont do anything too crazy to mess it back up.

Thanks.  I actually started lifting to strengthen it.  Then shit took on a life of it's own.  Lol

10 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Heres 315 no hook

That's just crazy weight! What's you PB Double overhand?

• Thanks 1

That’s amazing. I just tried this the other day and barely got 225. Hook grip or no that’s still a heck of a lot. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lennix said:

That's just crazy weight! What's you PB Double overhand?

495 DO.