400 lb 1 Arm Deadlift - No strap

Mike Rinderle

11 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Awesome. I am envious of your DL bar. What do you mean by tape? A mixed tape?

Thanks!  Average bros thumb tape.  Makes hook grip hurt a little less 

Great pull CEO!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great pull CEO!!

Thanks my bruddah from another muddah!

• Like 1

Strong pull!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Strong pull!!

Thanks Eric!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Elbow sleeves, so it doesn’t count.

It's a  well known fact that sleeves add at least 158 lbs.  So, technically, this is only a bodyweight lift.  If a 160 pounder lifted 161 lbs one handed, he would be stronger for sure.

Good news is, if I'm calculating correctly, I think this means I'll be pulling 800 lbs with two hands soon.  With elbow sleeves of course.  😜

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2018 at 3:46 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

It's a  well known fact that sleeves add at least 158 lbs.  So, technically, this is only a bodyweight lift.  If a 160 pounder lifted 161 lbs one handed, he would be stronger for sure.

Good news is, if I'm calculating correctly, I think this means I'll be pulling 800 lbs with two hands soon.  With elbow sleeves of course.  😜

Have you considered double elbow sleeves? 1600 lbs, that would be a pretty good pull.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Have you considered double elbow sleeves? 1600 lbs, that would be a pretty good pull.

I don't want to show off.

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice new thumbnails.... you going the gymnast route these days?

I figured a big time ex-powerlifter like you would know about taping your thumbs for hook grip Joe.  

As for gymnast, I was at my deadliest in the 205 - 220 range.  Trying to get back to where I could fight more than 15 seconds if I had to.  The "gymnast" moves are doing wonders for my core strength.  Hopefully that translates to bigger squats and deads.  With the diet and cardio I'm knocking on the door of the 230s for the first time in years.  Half way there.  

New-Tape-Logo.png

average-broz-stretch-tape-web4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I figured a big time ex-powerlifter like you would know about taping your thumbs for hook grip Joe.  

As for gymnast, I was at my deadliest in the 205 - 220 range.  Trying to get back to where I could fight more than 15 seconds if I had to.  The "gymnast" moves are doing wonders for my core strength.  Hopefully that translates to bigger squats and deads.  With the diet and cardio I'm knocking on the door of the 230s for the first time in years.  Half way there.  

New-Tape-Logo.png

average-broz-stretch-tape-web4.jpg

It was meant as a compliment... and absolutely it will make your core stronger.... don’t know anything about taping of thumbs... don’t know what you meant by that... but as I was saying.. I liked your new thumbnail as in your avatar picture. Was your thumb actually taped for something? If it was I had no clue... just used the wrong term for the changing of your skull to the new cool pic. 😎 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

It was meant as a compliment... and absolutely it will make your core stronger.... don’t know anything about taping of thumbs... don’t know what you meant by that... but as I was saying.. I liked your new thumbnail as in your avatar picture.

20 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

My B buddy.  Thought you were busting my balls about the thumb tape.  Lol.  Just busting back.  Sorry buddy.

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My B buddy.  Thought you were busting my balls about the thumb tape.  Lol.  Just busting back.  Sorry buddy.

Haha nope.... Genuine love was given!! 😎

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, James Fuller said:

Nice pull man!

Thanks James! 

• Like 1

Amazing pull! How much have you pulled with the bar infront of you with 1 hand and no hookgrip?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Amazing pull! How much have you pulled with the bar infront of you with 1 hand and no hookgrip?

It's been a long time since I've tried on an oly bar, but I believe I did 250 to the front once with no hook. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It's been a long time since I've tried on an oly bar, but I believe I did 250 to the front once with no hook. 

Great! Ill have to try the way you lifted in the movie, looks hard tho!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Great! Ill have to try the way you lifted in the movie, looks hard tho!

Tough on the thumb.  

• Like 1