365 lb One Arm DL - no strap. 1.5 X BW

Mike Rinderle

I think I've got 400 in me once I get used to hook grip again.  The virgin thumb was definitely the limiting factor.

1 arm dl

• Like 5

Looked fairly easy!  Very nice!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Looked fairly easy!  Very nice!

Thanks Chris.  Definitely stung the thumb, but that should go away after a few sessions. Thinking of going to hook grip for all my heavy pulls.  Just safer on the biceps and back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Chris.  Definitely stung the thumb, but that should go away after a few sessions. Thinking of going to hook grip for all my heavy pulls.  Just safer on the biceps and back.

I have always hooked - it always felt like my biceps was going to rip and I didn't like the "twisted" feeling mixed gave my low back - small but significant over time I always thought.  Yeah the thumb gets used to it quickly.  My best one hand DL result in a comp setting was 304# left and right handed at the 2011 Black Swamp USAWA meet  (age 63 - 94K class) (USAWA World Records at the time).   I have done slightly more since in training.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

That was very impressive pull💪💪💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

That was very impressive pull💪💪💪

Thanks bruddah!

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s strong stuff man! Scary!

Thanks Joe.  I bet you could do 400+ easy with your deadlift power.

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Joe.  I bet you could do 400+ easy with your deadlift power.

Possibly.... I have to be careful wih my back from the prior surgery’s. One handed long bar lift feel like they can do some damage if not done right. Too much outside my base of support that id want to risk

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Possibly.... I have to be careful wih my back from the prior surgery’s. One handed long bar lift feel like they can do some damage if not done right. Too much outside my base of support that id want to risk

I've had two nasty back surgeries.  But I'm silly.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I think I've got 400 in me once I get used to hook grip again.  The virgin thumb was definitely the limiting factor.

1 arm dl

I like to use the free hand placed over the lifting hand to test that the lifting hand is centered. I will pick up the weight just an inch off the ground to test this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, James Fuller said:

I like to use the free hand placed over the lifting hand to test that the lifting hand is centered. I will pick up the weight just an inch off the ground to test this.

GENIUS! I can never get the damn thing balanced correctly.  Especially a bar like this with no center knurling.  Thanks for the tip James!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 8:51 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

GENIUS! I can never get the damn thing balanced correctly.  Especially a bar like this with no center knurling.  Thanks for the tip James!

Its what we do in comps. Makes a BIIIIIG difference!!

• Like 1

Nice lift, Mike!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice lift, Mike!

Thanks buddy!  This means I should be able to pull 730 with two hands, right?  🤔😃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks buddy!  This means I should be able to pull 730 with two hands, right?  🤔😃

This didn’t seem right at first, but I got my calculator and double-checked. So then I became curious about my own true deadlift max... so I added up all my best individual finger lifts. I’m looking at a conservative 1,286 pound pull!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EricMilfeld said:

This didn’t seem right at first, but I got my calculator and double-checked. So then I became curious about my own true deadlift max... so I added up all my best individual finger lifts. I’m looking at a conservative 1,286 pound pull!

Dude!  It's time to go break that world record!  Benni has been the paper champion far too long in the raw DL.  Take your rightful spot atop the mountain!

• Haha 1