COC #3.5 CCS Close - Easiest Ever for Me

Chez

20 hours ago, Chez said:

Thanks Ben. This one is 172 rated by cannon. I have harder ones I’ll try next. I had no idea this would be so easy since I have done no ccs training since returning from injury. I may have a shot at TNS closing this one on a good day. Def got more in me

That close looked amazingly smooth! :ohmy 

I would say the last 20-ish #3.5s I have rated are in the 176-180 range.  Which, really, is just below our overall average of 180.  The thing that strikes me about the #3.5s lately is that they are wiiiide.  A hair above 3" typically.

• Thanks 1

Nice!! :rock

• Thanks 1

I like the deeper than necessary set of the credit card. 

Leaving no doubts.

Crazy impressive. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cannon said:

That close looked amazingly smooth! :ohmy 

I would say the last 20-ish #3.5s I have rated are in the 176-180 range.  Which, really, is just below our overall average of 180.  The thing that strikes me about the #3.5s lately is that they are wiiiide.  A hair above 3" typically.

Thanks Matt and thanks for the rating info. I figured I needed to be at 180 ccs before signing up and I think I might be there right now. Great thing is that I have a 180 3.5 and 4 months to get stronger and momentum. I’ll go all out till then 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

Very nice close!  Great job! 

13 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Nice!! :rock

12 hours ago, anwnate said:

I like the deeper than necessary set of the credit card. 

Leaving no doubts.

Crazy impressive. 

Thanks for the support guys. Just so happy to be here after the injury. It took so much hard work and it was really frustrating at times. It feels great that it all paid off 

Crazy dominant close - request the cert while you're hot! Get it done!

• Thanks 1

Very confident work Chez. Do you feel ready to return to certification GHP? I think - minimum 2 reps 8 Level you ready right now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Very confident work Chez. Do you feel ready to return to certification GHP? I think - minimum 2 reps 8 Level you ready right now.

Ya. I might give a shot soon. I think 2 reps is doable. I’ll try next time I want to throw in an extra fun session. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Thanks bud. I’m signing up soon. I’m in such a great groove 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, Chez said:

I wasn't suppose to try grippers tonight because I trained them recently and even hit a little thick bar over the weekend so my hand wasn't fresh but I was feeling strong during a bench press workout tonight so I tried a #3.5 CCS close and I destroyed it. First time trying this since coming back from my injury. I haven't trained CCS in a long time so I fumbled the set a little. I CCS closed this gripper before the injury but never this easy. My crush is stronger than ever. I know fresh I can do even better. Not the best video because I used my phone so lots of motion blur and my buddy doesn't have much experience filming closes. I may try and cert at the gripmas comp this year in December. 4 more months to get even stronger. Crush is feeling dam strong!

Super strong congrats! 

• Thanks 1