Successful 1 Leg Dragon Flag. Level 3 Ninja $#!+

Mike Rinderle

15 minutes ago, climber511 said:

You're close but no cigar yet.  I think your hands are still too high - grab under the bench you are laying on - I think that would help you get more lat and less arm.

Hurts my bum shoulder too much.  I'll lower the bar a notch though.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@David_wigren @climber511 @Andrew Dube

Can I get a ruling?  I've heard of the Russian judges stalling but I never thought the US, Canadian, and Swedish judges would leave me hangin.  😁

Lol you don't need to impress me Mike... my kettlebell teacher is fond of saying "the thing is not the thing, the thing you get from the thing that is the thing". Are you happy with your flag? Zen riddles aside the concentric on #3 looks really good! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Lol you don't need to impress me Mike... my kettlebell teacher is fond of saying "the thing is not the thing, the thing you get from the thing that is the thing". Are you happy with your flag? Zen riddles aside the concentric on #3 looks really good! 

Pretty happy with my core strength going up.  Still work to be done and another few lbs to lose to be totally happy with the dragon flag.  

On 8/12/2018 at 8:10 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Best attempts yet

I think number 3 is best. Almost there.  Can I get a ruling?  

Fatty boombalatty dragon flags

The range of motion is there. Just need to work on form. IMO the hand placement is to your own discretion, no hand placement is better or worse then the other terms of form or difficulty of the movement. However there is still a bend in your knees and your hip. For perfect form, try to deliberately reach as far away as you can with your toes. Extend your knees hard, keep the hip completely straight through out the entire movement and point your toes like a gymnast, all in an effort to get the center of gravity as far away as possible thus making it harder.

And also you forgot to bribe the judge. That alone is reason for disqualification!

BTW, this is really impressive stuff considering that you have very limited experience with body weight training. Not to mention your weight, height and age.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

The range of motion is there. Just need to work on form. IMO the hand placement is to your own discretion, no hand placement is better or worse then the other terms of form or difficulty of the movement. However there is still a bend in your knees and your hip. For perfect form, try to deliberately reach as far away as you can with your toes. Extend your knees hard, keep the hip completely straight through out the entire movement and point your toes like a gymnast, all in an effort to get the center of gravity as far away as possible thus making it harder.

And also you forgot to bribe the judge. That alone is reason for disqualification!

BTW, this is really impressive stuff considering that you have very limited experience with body weight training. Not to mention your weight, height and age.

Thanks Wiggy!

Screenshot_20180815-165541_Video Player.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve got to start working on the front lever for real soon! Can’t let you catch up!😱

• Like 1