COC # 4 rated 217 first try

No tns? 😜

• Like 1

217?!?!!?  Sheesh.  Why don't you get your mash monster already?  If you can get a 217 that far, I'm pretty sure that you can close any old COC 3 however you darned well please, set or not.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

217?!?!!?  Sheesh.  Why don't you get your mash monster already?  If you can get a 217 that far, I'm pretty sure that you can close any old COC 3 however you darned well please, set or not.

It doesn’t really appeal to me I guess. Don’t have a burning desire to be on the mash monster ladder. I do grippers only because they are part of grip.... maybe someday I will get the hankering for the MM ladder

3 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

Strong hands you got there!  Have you closed a lighter #4 yet?  

This is my first time ever trying any number 4. Just got a 3.5 in March and touched my first gripper in March of 2017. Do not have a lot of experience with them by any means. Still wet behind the ears.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:32 PM, Chez said:

No tns? 😜

See Chez... this is why I always do TNS.... and hesitated to start preclosing sets... some fool on YouTube called me a “cheater” “just like everyone else “because I set it with the off hand. Now keep in mind this is someone with absolutely no videos or even a profile picture. That pisses me off bro. I told him to show me him even closing a number 2 half way with 2 hands. 

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

See Chez... this is why I always do TNS.... and hesitated to start preclosing sets... some fool on YouTube called me a “cheater” “just like everyone else “because I set it with the off hand. Now keep in mind this is someone with absolutely no videos or even a profile picture. That pisses me off bro. I told him to show me him even closing a number 2 half way with 2 hands. 

Come on man you can't take internet people seriously. There's people out there critiquing the form of world record lifters, and I would bet these same keyboard warriors can't even do a push up.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Come on man you can't take internet people seriously. There's people out there critiquing the form of world record lifters, and I would bet these same keyboard warriors can't even do a push up.

My point is.... people talking trash about pre setting that don’t know a thing about what they are talking about.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Eh. Those guys don’t matter. He will never get any where. Luckily, I haven’t gotten comments like that but there will always be haters. I would upload a 3 tns for reps right and left hand in response if it happened to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Eh. Those guys don’t matter. He will never get any where. Luckily, I haven’t gotten comments like that but there will always be haters. I would upload a 3 tns for reps right and left hand in response if it happened to me. 

Haha.i just got a comment on my #4 vid. Bet it’s the same guy. I’ll upload my response next week 😜

23 minutes ago, Chez said:

I did just that bro! Number 3 TNS and 26 reps with a shaved number 2. 

25 minutes ago, Chez said:

Haha.i just got a comment on my #4 vid. Bet it’s the same guy. I’ll upload my response next week 😜

Yes it’s The same fool! Same exact comment. I commented back on your video. What a loser!

47 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Just wait until you decide to get further into competitive arm wrestling.. you wont believe the amount of fools who claim “your using bodyweight” that are simply too dumb to understand what they are looking at.

ive even gone so far (no bullshit!) as climbing up on a pool table in a bar and grill and hollering getting everyones attention that would listen to come over and watch as i allowed a bigger guy to clearly use his bw as he pulls me as i simply stayed in the upright locked position in the center of the table and didnt get budged by his weight. And i didnt hear a single murmur of me “cheating and only winning because im using my bw” after that. In fact, a saw more dumb ass looks on those same peoples faces than i have seen in any one spot in my life the moment they realized it was true strength they were witnessing.

its amazing the masses general ability to assume they are being “cheated” at everything in life they are simply too foolish to admit they just suck at.

i dont know how or when this phenominon began that everyone who gets out done at something, genuinly believes that the only way you can do something they cant is because you are somehow “cheating” them. But It is amazing actually.

This is very true. People nowadays always say “you won because of”.... not “I lost because I wasn’t as strong on that day”. People are all armchair experts. They have no idea what it takes and the kind of strength needed to succeed at it. 

55 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Just wait until you decide to get further into competitive arm wrestling.. you wont believe the amount of fools who claim “your using bodyweight” that are simply too dumb to understand what they are looking at.

ive even gone so far (no bullshit!) as climbing up on a pool table in a bar and grill and hollering getting everyones attention that would listen to come over and watch as i allowed a bigger guy to clearly use his bw as he pulls me as i simply stayed in the upright locked position in the center of the table and didnt get budged by his weight. And i didnt hear a single murmur of me “cheating and only winning because im using my bw” after that. In fact, a saw more dumb ass looks on those same peoples faces than i have seen in any one spot in my life the moment they realized it was true strength they were witnessing.

its amazing the masses general ability to assume they are being “cheated” at everything in life they are simply too foolish to admit they just suck at.

i dont know how or when this phenominon began that everyone who gets out done at something, genuinly believes that the only way you can do something they cant is because you are somehow “cheating” them. But It is amazing actually.

It’s the getting a trophy for not winning anything crowd. That’s what changed it from the  “I lost because you were stronger and I will train and come back stronger”

13 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

100% agreed.

not to get political or anything, but if you investigate this phenominon closer, you will see that people apply that same disbelief that they have been outclassed to almost everyting in their life..

common examples of this are-

“oh that guy only has more money than me because his family gave it to him”.. not because he was smarter, or is talented in areas of life more valuable to the world than me. “Oh and his family that gave him the money stole it from other people.. so they werent any better at earning money than me either.”

or

“he only got that job because hes a man” not because hes better qualified and has more to bring to the table.

or “she only got that job because she blew the boss” not because she is a more successful sales rep.

or “that guy only beat me in a boxing match because hes on steroids” not because everybody in his entire bloodline has a history of knocking people on their ass for 80 years, and hes just a bad mofo. And not because hes been raised as a boxer, BY real boxers, and bred by real boxers.

the truth is... people are NOT created equal. And instead of accepting that, people would rather deny deny deny. people are sore losers man. And instead of proudly being outclassed and being congratulatory to someone who out classes them, they instead want to discredit their victory.

100% truth... the only thing equal is our God given rights. I am notstronger than everyone, faster or smarter. We all are blessed with talents and gifts.... some are more talented and gifted than others. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Fasho!

and apologies for highjacking the thread homie.. i get long winded at times. Lol!

but i am stoked to see you expanding your gripper training with different sets widths. Only good things will come of it!

Word

Yes I am expanding my horizons... even getting an AW table to play around with. Grip and AW go together like PB and J!!!

I've actually had this happen to me IRL. One time I closed a GHP7 with my left hand, using a parallel set. One guy was like: "But you're using your other hand". I told him that he could try that as well. It was really amusing to see him struggle to get the gripper half way closed with both his hands :D

That is not the worst thing I've heard people say though. One time a guy said (after I closed some grippers that he couldn't budge): "But you're have trained a lot". I was like: "No shit man"

Apparently some people think that it doesn't count if you actually work out LOL :D

Anyways, great attempt Joseph. You have some really impressive open hand strength and wrist strength as well. I'm sure if you focus on training properly with different sets you will soon close very big grippers. Put some parallel reps in with the #3's!!!

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I've actually had this happen to me IRL. One time I closed a GHP7 with my left hand, using a parallel set. One guy was like: "But you're using your other hand". I told him that he could try that as well. It was really amusing to see him struggle to get the gripper half way closed with both his hands :D

That is not the worst thing I've heard people say though. One time a guy said (after I closed some grippers that he couldn't budge): "But you're have trained a lot". I was like: "No shit man"

Apparently some people think that it doesn't count if you actually work out LOL :D

Anyways, great attempt Joseph. You have some really impressive open hand strength and wrist strength as well. I'm sure if you focus on training properly with different sets you will soon close very big grippers. Put some parallel reps in with the #3's!!!

People just have me shaking my head with the stuff they believe. Your strong because you train? Haha of course! Just like someone is smart because they study, or good at mechanics because they practice it! 🤦‍♂️ 

Thank you for the compliment. Grippers are what I do very little of. Just a few sets a week, but I am going to experiment with different sets to see where it goes.

Joe

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

People just have me shaking my head with the stuff they believe. Your strong because you train? Haha of course! Just like someone is smart because they study, or good at mechanics because they practice it! 🤦‍♂️ 

Thank you for the compliment. Grippers are what I do very little of. Just a few sets a week, but I am going to experiment with different sets to see where it goes.

Joe

Do it. Also, I don't think you need to train grippers that often. Seeing that you can already close a #3 with almost no training at all. My bet is that you would respond good enough to low frequenzy training. At least good enough to make nice gainz :)