John Beatty

Easy horseshoes

John Beatty

Guys-

need an easier steel horseshoe for a performing strongwoman. A decent bit under a SCF UL2. I’ve seen the half rounds in the catalogs. They look pretty lightweight. Any suggestions? Want to stay with steel. Thanks!

• Like 1

Tommy J.

Never seen any UL3’s, but i assume if they are out there, that would be the next step down from the UL2.

will be awesome to see some ladies take down some shoes tho!

• Like 2

Danny Young

I'd like to know where you guys buy your horseshoes from.

Tommy J.

There is a handful of farrier suppliers near where i live. The one i used to frequent was/is in Kennedale Texas. You could walk right in and buy everything from a brand new 300lb anvil, to a truck mountable heat forge, to a plethora of every kind of horse shoes and shodding tools that i could ever think of.

that one was the real deal. It was complete with shelves with everything assorted, with a dirt and hay floor, and an ultralight i bent into a heart bare handed in front of the owner that is now hanging on the wall behind his register. 😬

oh and if your weary of open carry of handguns, might want to skip that stop.. The owner dont play no crap!

If you walk in and see a big thick forearmed guy with a leather apron, chewing on a cigar, and what looks like 500 magnum hanging off his hip, you know your in the right place! Lol

camz
Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2018 at 11:50 PM, John Beatty said:

Guys-

need an easier steel horseshoe for a performing strongwoman. A decent bit under a SCF UL2. I’ve seen the half rounds in the catalogs. They look pretty lightweight. Any suggestions? Want to stay with steel. Thanks!

I wouldn't go any thinner than the SCF ULs! 

There are thinner shoes like the Kerckhaert TNC 16x5 or the Kerckhaert TDR 14x6 (halfround) or even thinner ones, but they will snap on the nail holes, as they are too thin to bend!

She can try it, of course, but just be careful!

Edit: There are no UL #3s, they would be my guess also...

Edited by camz