First SB training with GHP-10

Ivan Pupchenko

I was planning easy workout for today. But I could not resist, and tried my hand with  GHP10, which Igor Kupinsky sent to me on Saturday. Today I did 0.32 sec. After that was some parallel hold sets with GHP10 and BB Pro... 

• Like 3

Power overwhelming! First attempt - impressive!

I think - result of Tolstyh as 4 sec - very soon will be fall.

• Like 1

I hope someday I'm even strong enough to think about considering how hard this must be. Totally crazy.

• Like 1

Incredibly strong. I don't think I ever seen anyone setting a GHP10 like that without any bracing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thanks! Next time I'll try to do this better!

Do it man!

How often do you train SB?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 4:12 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Do it man!

How often do you train SB?

It depends what call SB-train . I try to work with gripers every 8th day recently. On easy training it's closing from 20mm block and card, and on hard  - SB hold. But on light, I also practice the setting gripers for SB. Basically, I try to alternate easy and hard training - in such periods I have SB every 16 days. But I do not hold on to the days in the calendar. If I feel that my hands are ready - I reduce the rest period a little or I can do a few heavy workouts successively. And if I feel that I can not recover - then I increase the rest time or instead of hard training with hold to failure I can perform average - with short holds for 5-10 seconds.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I was planning easy workout for today. But I could not resist, and tried my hand with  GHP10, which Igor Kupinsky sent to me on Saturday. Today I did 0.32 sec. After that was some parallel hold sets with GHP10 and BB Pro... 

Amazing as always Ivan!

58 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Amazing as always Ivan!

Thank you, Joseph!

Training with gripper gives me a lot of motivation and new goals in sport - eight years ago I could not close the CoC-2 when I first picked up gripper... although I took prizes in national armwrestling tournaments, could lift near 90kg on RT or in forearms training kept 110kg dumbell in one hand ... I think that anyone who is REALY ready to go to their targets will sooner or later reach it!

4 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thank you, Joseph!

Training with gripper gives me a lot of motivation and new goals in sport - eight years ago I could not close the CoC-2 when I first picked up gripper... although I took prizes in national armwrestling tournaments, could lift near 90kg on RT or in forearms training kept 110kg dumbell in one hand ... I think that anyone who is REALY ready to go to their targets will sooner or later reach it!

I say the same! I boils down to how much you want it and how much work you’re willing to put in to get there!