Country Crush 3" Raptor vs other 3" handles

lder

I have a 3" solid steel rolling dead lift handle from Titan Fitness and was wondering if anyone could tell me how it differs from a Country Crush 3" Raptor handle.  Which one is harder and why?  I also have a 2.5" handle and know that it is harder than my Rolling Thunder handle.  Thanks for the help.

John

I have a titan 2.5". I and I think others have found it to be very roughly 10% harder than a crusher. I suspect it's the glossy paint, it doesn't really hold chalk and using it might even take away fiction. I haven't had it long so don't know how it will age or wear, but it's really hard now.

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I have a titan 2.5". I and I think others have found it to be very roughly 10% harder than a crusher. I suspect it's the glossy paint, it doesn't really hold chalk and using it might even take away fiction. I haven't had it long so don't know how it will age or wear, but it's really hard now.

I have a friend who has a 2.5 inch Titan and lifts exactly the same on the crusher. No difference for him at all. Just like on RT... don’t use chalk! Chalk is counterproductive on the RT, crusher or country crush. The difference lies in the material. I prefer steel as do most grip guys I have encountered.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, lder said:

I have a 3" solid steel rolling dead lift handle from Titan Fitness and was wondering if anyone could tell me how it differs from a Country Crush 3" Raptor handle.  Which one is harder and why?  I also have a 2.5" handle and know that it is harder than my Rolling Thunder handle.  Thanks for the help.

John

The 2.5 inch crusher is harder than RT because it’s 2.5 inch and not 2 3/8 inch like the RT. That thickness difference makes a huge difference 

19 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have a friend who has a 2.5 inch Titan and lifts exactly the same on the crusher. No difference for him at all. Just like on RT... don’t use chalk! Chalk is counterproductive on the RT, crusher or country crush. The difference lies in the material. I prefer steel as do most grip guys I have encountered.

I like chalk on bare steel but only lightly, and none or very miniscule on and painted or otherwise polished implements. Weird that his is the same, I find the titan handle much harder which I like since it makes for a fantastic training tool. Hoping to pull something decent at King Kong.

22 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I like chalk on bare steel but only lightly, and none or very miniscule on and painted or otherwise polished implements. Weird that his is the same, I find the titan handle much harder which I like since it makes for a fantastic training tool. Hoping to pull something decent at King Kong.

The guy that lifted the same on both implements was at the competition Jedd  was running in the Cuse. We are going to have a gripathon tonight

28 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I didn’t mean to say that chalk was counterproductive on the crusher, chalk  is good on the crusher, on metal surface .

I don't find but a very small difference in difficulty between 2 3/8" and 2.5" - all else being equal.  I only have dumbbells though - not rolling handles - that could be it.  

Thanks for the responses,  I appreciate the feedback.  Could anyone talk a little more to the differences of a solid rolling handle and the Country Crush products in comparable diameters?  Thanks

3 hours ago, climber511 said:

I don't find but a very small difference in difficulty between 2 3/8" and 2.5" - all else being equal.  I only have dumbbells though - not rolling handles - that could be it.  

Makes a huge difference on a rolling handle Chris. I can do over 200 on a 2 3/8 inch RT and max 183 on 2.5 FBBC crusher. 

Joe

3 hours ago, lder said:

Thanks for the responses,  I appreciate the feedback.  Could anyone talk a little more to the differences of a solid rolling handle and the Country Crush products in comparable diameters?  Thanks

It all comes down to the material it’s made of bro. You either like the non metal or metal.

3 hours ago, lder said:

While I don't have the raptor specifically I do have multiple country crush handles and also trilobite, RT etc.  If the raptor uses the same material as the other rollers from country crush then it will be the toughest implement compared to any other.   The trilobite (aluminum), rt  (some type of pvc or plastic? ), crusher (steel) all have a certain amount of friction on the surface of the handle.   The country crush handles - especially the 3" ones - are slick as snot with very little surface friction. So while I haven't used every handle available I would say CC is the toughest all else being equal. 

I guess you asked about diameters.  Best thing is to look up each manufacturer and see what they offer.  Trilobite has 2, 2.5, 3".  RT 2 3/8, Crusher 2", 2.5" 3" and higher I believe.   CC also 2, 2.5, 3 for the country crush frames.  1.5, 1.75, 2, 3" for the raptor plus odd shapes.   Not sure if all the country crush handles are interchangeable. 

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Makes a huge difference on a rolling handle Chris. I can do over 200 on a 2 3/8 inch RT and max 183 on 2.5 FBBC crusher. 

Joe

Don't a Crusher and a Rolling Thunder spin much differently - RT's seem to be much slower in the few times I have had both side by side.

6 hours ago, climber511 said:

Don't a Crusher and a Rolling Thunder spin much differently - RT's seem to be much slower in the few times I have had both side by side.

I would say a Crusher spins faster and more freely. Jedd made a good video comparing the Crusher and RT where he explains the differences in difficulty and amount of spin. The RT, spins differently due to its design and the fat the the rotating part isn't solid steel. 

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

I would say a Crusher spins faster and more freely. Jedd made a good video comparing the Crusher and RT where he explains the differences in difficulty and amount of spin. The RT, spins differently due to its design and the fat the the rotating part isn't solid steel. 

That was with the old rolling thunder, not the new one

21 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I recant my statement on my friends doing the 2.5 inch crusher and Titan  at the same weight, he let me know that he sanded off the finish on the Titan.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I recant my statement on my friends doing the 2.5 inch crusher and Titan  at the same weight, he let me know that he sanded off the finish on the Titan.

I might do that eventually but I like the extra challenge now. 

I have an FBBC 3" Crusher and a Country Crush 3" Raptor. I find the Raptor to be much harder, due to the handle material. I find it very slippery and difficult to get a good grip.

6 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

I have an FBBC 3" Crusher and a Country Crush 3" Raptor. I find the Raptor to be much harder, due to the handle material. I find it very slippery and difficult to get a good grip.

Definitely. Chalk is a nemesis of this device

12 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

@Eric Roussin do you think training one handed with the Country Crush would be significantly different than training with the Raptor? I'd like to avoid the Raptor purchase if I can unless you have found the Raptor to have a particular training advantage.

Are you talking about the 2” Country Crush, or the 3” Monster Crush? If you’re comparing the 2” CC with the Raptor, I think they are quite different. But the 3” Monster Crush would be comparable to the Raptor.

I can lift the 3” Crusher with my wrist bent back a bit (the way I do for almost all thick bar lifts). But because I find the Raptor so slippery, I’m forced to engage my wrist. Consequently, I’m not able to lift as much. I have similar trouble with the Monster Crush.

• 2 months later...

All of the grips of the Country Crush Handles and Raptor Handle are interchangeable. 

the grip material is a polymer composite material. There are no bearings to grease , rust , or add friction.

the size grips we offer

1.5" , 1.75" , 2" , 2.5" , 3" , 3" off set , Cone shaped , pinch blocks

if your looking to purchase the best bang for your buck is my promoter's package for $274 which includes the 2" Country Crush , 3" Raptor , 15" Loading Pin , and a set of 3" Grips

On 7/31/2018 at 5:12 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

That was with the old rolling thunder, not the new one

I just wanted to hop in here and say that all versions of the RT roll considerably worse than a Crusher. This is due to the physics of where the fixed portion contacts the rolling portion. You could also call this axle to wheel ratio. The lower the axle to wheel ratio is, the easier the device will roll. The Rolling Thunder has a ratio of about 0.95 and the 2.5" Crusher has a ratio of 0.2. This means the amount of resisting torque that the friction is able to generate on the RT is much greater. Meaning it rolls worse, especially under load. Add in the fact that the plastic sleeve of the RT can deform and create more surface area with the axle and you can easily see why people can pull 10%+ more on the RT vs a 2.5" Crusher. The 0.125" difference probably accounts for some difference, but probably less than 5%.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I just wanted to hop in here and say that all versions of the RT roll considerably worse than a Crusher. This is due to the physics of where the fixed portion contacts the rolling portion. You could also call this axle to wheel ratio. The lower the axle to wheel ratio is, the easier the device will roll. The Rolling Thunder has a ratio of about 0.95 and the 2.5" Crusher has a ratio of 0.2. This means the amount of resisting torque that the friction is able to generate on the RT is much greater. Meaning it rolls worse, especially under load. Add in the fact that the plastic sleeve of the RT can deform and create more surface area with the axle and you can easily see why people can pull 10%+ more on the RT vs a 2.5" Crusher. The 0.125" difference probably accounts for some difference, but probably less than 5%.

Yes Rolling Thunder  there is much worse than anything crusher for sure. I can pull 190 on a 2.5 inch crusher and 210 on a rolling thunder that is substantially huge difference. But I didn’t see much of a difference between rolling thunder  handles From the two newest versions. I tried two without the end caps and two with  the end caps and pretty much got the same weight on those

Edited by Guest