Old Fat Guy Performs Worst Dragon Flag EVER

Mike Rinderle

Keep at it - getting your hands lower will help - you'll get it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Keep at it - getting your hands lower will help - you'll get it.

Thanks Chris.  Couldn't figure out where to put my hands.

Those are so difficult- especially for a bigger guy.  I thought you did pretty darn good!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

Those are so difficult- especially for a bigger guy.  I thought you did pretty darn good!

Thanks!  My abs definitely got worked.  Soooooore!

Haha, I have to admit that you did way better than I thought you would😅! Maybe I’ll post something in response in a few days😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Haha, I have to admit that you did way better than I thought you would😅! Maybe I’ll post something in response in a few days😁

You know I will do a reasonable one of these, or die trying.  💀

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You know I will do a reasonable one of these, or die trying.  💀

They get exponentially more difficult the taller you are so it will be a major feat if you manage one💪

• Like 1

Made some straddle DF attempts today.  Take away some of the height disadvantage.  Still U. G. L. Y.  I ain't got no alibi.  They're ugly, hay hey they're ugly!  248 lbs.  @David_wigren

Fat n ugly

• Like 1

Can you get more onto your shoulders when you're vertical? I agree that grabbing lower should help. I just started doing these myself about a month ago. I've been using it as a superset with bench press. At first I just tuck up to vertical, then I focus on the negative. Then I try to pull to vertical. Each rep I usually fold more to get to there. I'll grab a video next time I do them. I'm not as big as Mike but at 6' 220 I'm no gymnast either ;) Definitely an attainable skill for big guys!

• Like 1

While I’m a lightweight compared to you Mike, I’m still no pygme at 6’2” and just shy of 190 lbs. 

You’ll get it once you get used to the movement and start re-building some of the core strength from the past. Allthough not the same movement, all that horseshoe bending has for sure built up alot of latent core strength.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

While I’m a lightweight compared to you Mike, I’m still no pygme at 6’2” and just shy of 190 lbs. 

You’ll get it once you get used to the movement and start re-building some of the core strength from the past. Allthough not the same movement, all that horseshoe bending has for sure built up alot of latent core strength.

That was an awesome video buddy.  I have that exact body.  It's just buried under 50 lbs of blubber.  😂

I'll definitely keep working on them.  Hopefully the core strength kicks in soon, because at this point I'm embarrassing myself.  Haha

As always, you da man!

• Like 2

Here is my best attempt. I didn't realize how tall you were @David_wigren! Makes all your levers even more impressive. @Mike Rinderle will you be continuing to practice these? I'd love to see where you're at in a month. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Here is my best attempt. I didn't realize how tall you were @David_wigren! Makes all your levers even more impressive. @Mike Rinderle will you be continuing to practice these? I'd love to see where you're at in a month. 

Those were great!  Definitely going to keep working on them.

Much better!  Try to hold the "arch" on the negative portion - that will strengthen the positive over time.  Looking pretty good as is!

• Like 1