An update - I am still alive :)

climber511

For any of my friends who wondered if I was still alive.  I haven’t been very active on the board lately but I have still been working out.  My health is doing better – was pretty messed up for a while.  Started just the smallest amount of Grip sport training – a few pinch holds – some easy gripper holds for time and some Farmers walks around my house with Dumbbells with Fat Grips on the handles (70 yards). 

Some goals - At 50 I shaved all my fur off – got a little tan - and did a little photo shoot.  I turn 70 in about a month.  My plan is to do that again and see how kind Mother Nature has not been to me – we shall see.  I also plan to go through what will be my 75 by 75 list and see what all I can still manage in the weeks just after my birthday – that too should be depressing I imagine.  I am starting to train for an October climbing trip and will then train for Gripmas.  I hope my last Gripmas contest brings out many of my old friends.

• Like 19

Great to hear an update from you, Chris!  Glad to hear your health is returning and you are way stronger than you give yourself credit for.  I love that you are still climbing.  I hope to be doing what I love as long as my body holds together - which sometimes feels like it's with toothpicks and gum, lol. 

This post made me very happy old friend.  See you in December!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trying my best to come over my friend.

9 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Trying my best to come over my friend.

Fingers Crossed!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

Are you 70 yet? Still gonna oil yourself up for a photo shoot? I think it's inspiring a lot of the grippers around here. 

Sunday is the big day.  I trimmed all my fur off with the clippers yesterday and will shave Sunday evening (this sucks - I don't know how women do it all the time :).   The plan is to oil up and take the pictures Monday or Tues depending on what else is happening.  After that I start my 70 items fitness, strength, and grip Challenge.  Last time I did this was after my 50th birthday (I do a challenge every year) - be interesting to see what has changed over 20 years.  Going to change  my routine to climbing oriented until early Oct - then after the short planned trip I will go into Gripmas  training.

• Like 6