BB Pro (RGC 110kg-242,5lbs) SB Hold - 9,87sec

Ivan Pupchenko

5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I don't know that much about Silver bullet, but Ivan here and Valery are, if my understanding is correct, waaaay above the world record and basically makes it seem like child's play? 

"World records" mean not so much, when we all know who is really strong in this exercise ...

At  past, I spent a lot of money and free time for the APL and WAA tournaments (World Championships and National Championships) - I could buy  apartment in my city for this money. Paying very large (for my country) fee (more than a month's salary for participation in EVERY exercise), I faced unfair judging and discrimination because of my nationality.

Literally two hours ago I spoke on the phone with Igor Kupinsky about it. He told, that it's necessary to beat Ironmind WR, but it's hard for me to imagine myself again at such tournaments, and as a totals - the chance that my results will become "official world records" is near of zero. Actually, it interests me very little. At this stage, I have enough for motivate the David Horne's rankings.

Now I'm in the top of his list - because Valera has a little "stepped aside," or - Igor Kupinsky does not like SB. But I understand that Igor and Valera (if desired) can improve levels at any time, and Stanislav Matvienko - can do (with motivation) this digits in 6, maximum 12 months... There are several more athletes in Russia, Europe and North America who are already able to join this race - and this makes the training interesting and does not let me relax!

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 2

That was a fantastic hold.  Good job! 

I can't understand the pressure that the gripper of that strength must have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kashtan said:

The limits of human capabilities are moving further and further.

You are correct. 

• Like 1

World records" mean not so much, when we all know who is really strong in this exercise ...

At  past, I spent a lot of money and free time for the APL and WAA tournaments (World Championships and National Championships) - I could buy  apartment in my city for this money. Paying very large (for my country) fee (more than a month's salary for participation in EVERY exercise), I faced unfair judging and discrimination because of my nationality.

Literally two hours ago I spoke on the phone with Igor Kupinsky about it. He told, that it's necessary to beat Ironmind WR, but it's hard for me to imagine myself again at such tournaments, and as a totals - the chance that my results will become "official world records" is near of zero. Actually, it interests me very little. At this stage, I have enough for motivate the David Horne's rankings.

Now I'm in the top of his list - because Valera has a little "stepped aside," or - Igor Kupinsky does not like SB. But I understand that Igor and Valera (if desired) can improve levels at any time, and Stanislav Matvienko - can do (with motivation) this digits in 6, maximum 12 months... There are several more athletes in Russia, Europe and North America who are already able to join this race - and this makes the training interesting and does not let me relax!

Edited 9 hours ago by Ivan Pupchenko

Thanks for expressing hope of my ability to gain such kind of strength. Nowdays CoC#4  is still tough for me to hold SB even though its calibration is about 94 kg RGC. Taking into account gripper set fashion I use, I have to be much more stronger than current standings tell me. Not sure if I'm eager to seek 'easy money' and cheap glory on different APL's tournaments, etc where referee's competency is under question (still seeking for improvement), where some evident stuff looks pretty weird... Whenever it will be possible - exhibition of my performance will be available, however, there is much room for further improvement in terms of polishing current technique and level of results appearance   

• Like 1

Just now, Stanislav said:

World records" mean not so much, when we all know who is really strong in this exercise ...

Now I'm in the top of his list - because Valera has a little "stepped aside," or - Igor Kupinsky does not like SB. But I understand that Igor and Valera (if desired) can improve levels at any time, and Stanislav Matvienko - can do (with motivation) this digits in 6, maximum 12 months... There are several more athletes in Russia, Europe and North America who are already able to join this race - and this makes the training interesting and does not let me relax!

Edited 9 hours ago by Ivan Pupchenko

Thanks for expressing hope of my ability to gain such kind of strength. Nowdays CoC#4  is still tough for me to hold SB even though its calibration is about 94 kg RGC. Taking into account gripper set fashion I use, I have to be much more stronger than current standings tell me. Not sure if I'm eager to seek 'easy money' and cheap glory on different APL's tournaments, etc where referee's competency is under question (still seeking for improvement), where some evident stuff looks pretty weird... Whenever it will be possible - exhibition of my performance will be available, however, there is much room for further improvement in terms of polishing current technique and level of results appearance   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

That was a fantastic hold.  Good job! 

I can't understand the pressure that the gripper of that strength must have. 

Thank you very much for your feedback!

1 hour ago, Stanislav said:

Stas, you hold CoC-3.5 40 sec, having done only two attempts per year for this exercise! For this result, I had very hard train throughout two years, for moving from several seconds with CoC-3,5 to 50+!

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thank you very much for your feedback!

You are welcome. 

The biggest gripper I have used is 95kg for Silver Bullet.  110kg is crazy. 

• Like 1

Great job Ivan! Very motivating and impressive! You have some incredible power. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Stas, you hold CoC-3.5 40 sec, having done only two attempts per year for this exercise! For this result, I had very hard train throughout two years, for moving from several seconds with CoC-3,5 to 50+!

I guess, it's possible to make continuation of SB tournament held in 2016, expecting participation of very strong competetors who, in most cases, claim about their rewards to show real spotsmanship and immense performance in environment with tough rivalry!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ClayEdgin said:

Great job Ivan! Very motivating and impressive! You have some incredible power. 

Thanks for the kind words Clay!

7 hours ago, Stanislav said:

I guess, it's possible to make continuation of SB tournament held in 2016, expecting participation of very strong competetors who, in most cases, claim about their rewards to show real spotsmanship and immense performance in environment with tough rivalry!!!

I will be happy to host a tournament in SB in the frame of King Kong! But I will have two requirements - serious grippers: CoS-3.5-4 or harder and at least five participants.

I'm ready to perform out of final score list, but I do not want to start everything for the two participants. I am very grateful to Vadim and Daniil Goncharenko for their participation last year (they really are an example of a sports family and genuinely want to train and compete)  - but two participants are NOT Contest ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I will be happy to host a tournament in SB in the frame of King Kong! But I will have two requirements - serious grippers: CoS-3.5-4 or harder and at least five participants.

I'm ready to perform out of final score list, but I do not want to start everything for the two participants. I am very grateful to Vadim and Daniil Goncharenko for their participation last year (they really are an example of a sports family and genuinely want to train and compete)  - but two participants are NOT Contest ...

The time wil show... 

• Like 1