Road to cert the IM Gold Nail

Juha Lehtimäki

Over 4 months ago I was so close to cert Gold Nail, already e-mail IronMind but then something happen and my motivation and passion on steelbending stop. This will be my last journey to attempt the impossible bar. 

Nowdays I'm stronger but my hands skin is too soft to attempt big bars in single IMP's. Soon bulletproof skin again! 

I'm also start grip training too and see if I start compete next year again. 

Edited by Juha Lehtimäki
  • Like 16

You got this Juha! Kill it!  Good luck man. 

• Like 2

Let the journey begin.

In my mind this bar is really impossible to cert, prove me that I am wrong and make steel bending history.

If you need again some steel for training just contact me.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

You got this Juha! Kill it!  Good luck man. 

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Let the journey begin.

In my mind this bar is really impossible to cert, prove me that I am wrong and make steel bending history.

If you need again some steel for training just contact me.

Cheers.

Thank you bro! Maybe this little break was just a good think. All my training just concentration about steelbending and I forgot to enjoy. 😔 This time I'll do everything differently. 😊

• Like 1

Yes!!! This made my day. You have the power brother. You just need to keep the eye on the prize. Do this for you. If this isnt for you then why bother ya know? 

The best of the luck dude im pulling for you.

• Like 1

Awesome. Looking forward to following this. All the best in your training 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KapMan said:

Yes!!! This made my day. You have the power brother. You just need to keep the eye on the prize. Do this for you. If this isnt for you then why bother ya know? 

The best of the luck dude im pulling for you.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Chez said:

Awesome. Looking forward to following this. All the best in your training 

Thank you very much! 2nd bending session today for a long time. 👍

3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

You got this!

Thanks for the support my friend!

• Like 2

Bench press 8x110kg, 4x120kg, 4x130kg & 15x100

Incline dumbbell press 12x25kg, 8x40kg and one drop set 

JM-press 3x8-15 40-60kg

Barbell curl 4x8-10 40-60kg

Superset: skull crusher and dumbbell curls 3x10-15

Gym where I normally train is closed now and open soon. I'll start soon my new program and focusing more bending.

• Like 2

Dumbbell press 15x20kg, 12x25kg, 10x35kg and one drop set 8x40kg/30kg/20kg

Barbell row 12x70kg, 10x100kg, 10x120kg, 8x140kg

Lat pulldown 3x15

Shrugs 5x8-15 70-180kg

Lateral raises and front raises 

After workout couple bends:

Bolt class 8.8 5/16x7" in single wraps

and CRS 25/64x 8 3/8" in dbl wraps

That bolt hurt like hell in single wraps but I enjoy a lot bending again. 

CRS 25/64" is little easier to kink than Gold Nail and I think soon I'm able to bend that again in suede or IM wraps.

Edited by Juha Lehtimäki
  • Like 5

Congrats on resuming your training - I believe in you certing the gold nail and look forward to following your progress! Good luck keeping the inspiration and enjoyment in it as you murder those bars!

• Like 2

Good luck with your training, and awesome to hear that you are chasing this again!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Congrats on resuming your training - I believe in you certing the gold nail and look forward to following your progress! Good luck keeping the inspiration and enjoyment in it as you murder those bars!

Thank you and I will!

10 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Good luck with your training, and awesome to hear that you are chasing this again!

Cheers! 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really impressive.  I was bending for a while but had some elbow pain.   Is there any recommendations on how to keep it at bay?  I read Jedd Johnson's book and started doing reverse barbell curves with curve ball and this helped.  A fellow arm wrestler stated I need to strengthen triceps and this worked wonders for his training.   My elbows are healthy again but a bit concerned starting bending again.  If you have any suggestions that will be appreciated.  This is super inspirational!  Tnx for sharing.

16 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Not to highjack the thread here, but i spotted armwrestling, bending, and pain.

based off my limited experience arm wrestling, and some journeyman level bending experience, i would suggest not mixing bending and arm wrestling.

armwrestling itself causes enough pain and inflammation due in part to the max effort pulling. And look at steel bending like doing a max effort lift each time you bend... so mixing the two would be like mixing max effort bench presses with max effort overhead presses everytime you workout. Too much load on similar muscles and tendons at one time. Something is going to give.

Thanks Tommy!  This is very helpful information.   It makes sense but would never thought of it if you did not bring this up since I am still new in arm wrestling and bending.  Thank you.  I will try to be more careful with this.   Thanks for sharing.