First attempt at a COC 3.5

10 minutes ago, jvance said:

woah.... is that set???? cheater 😎

Haha yea I was told going beyond the # 3 will require setting. I had to listen to the experts. That was actually my first try at a gripper close with a set outside of the first time I touched one at Jedd Johnson’s last year (a #3) that I nearly closed. Gonna take some getting used to. Feels very foreign.

Great attempt Joe. Once you improve your set technique it’s closed 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chez said:

Great attempt Joe. Once you improve your set technique it’s closed 

Thanks Chez. I think you guys are right about setting once the 3 was conquered. I can get away with TNS on that but I don’t think so on the 3.5. Maybe eventually 

50 minutes ago, jvance said:

lol nice attempt, looks like you will get there

Yes this was actually after a silver bullet session. So my hand was well worked.maybe a few weeks

11 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks Chez. I think you guys are right about setting once the 3 was conquered. I can get away with TNS on that but I don’t think so on the 3.5. Maybe eventually 

I think you can definitely get to the level of a tns on the 3.5 but it would be damn hard without using heavy sets as a training tool. 

6 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I think you can definitely get to the level of a tns on the 3.5 but it would be damn hard without using heavy sets as a training tool. 

Yea I’m still in grip infancy. Have a lot ahead of me to do. What seemed impossible last year is now easy and routine. Can’t wait to see what the next year brings Mike! Thanks for the confidence!

Strength is there.  Get your set dialed in... it dies!