2018 July - California Armlifting Championships - Riccardo Magni

riccardomagni

7/8/18

Sorry for the delay in posting this... 

I weighed in at exactly 100kg (220.45#) for this contest held at The Training Hall in Newbury Park CA.  

It was a super hot day - over 100 degrees outside and not much cooler inside. 

Rolling Thunder 

This was quite disappointing for me.  I tried a new training strategy that didn't work as well as I would have liked.  85kg/187# was my lift.  I had lifted 90kg/198# at my last three contests. 

Apollon's Axle 

I made 172.5kg/380# (PR) on my second lift.  At this point in the contest, the air conditioning had turned off.  The machine couldn't keep up with the demand that was being placed on it.  It created a Brazilian rainforest feel that didn't seem to help me very much... 

3 " Saxon Bar 

I made an easy 96kg (PR) and also made 101kg.  I had dropped 96kg in LA 6 months ago, so this was quite a bit of progress.  I then turned down the 101kg lift because even though the judges passed it, it wasn't a good lift.  Uneven lockout. 

3" Raptor Handle 

Made by Country Crush, this implement is made of very spiny, slippery plastic.  You cannot fake a lift with this thing.  I made 59kg which sounds terrible, but it is a decent lift.  A PR. 

Silver Bullet 

I went for the #4, having recently exceeded 5 seconds in training.  It was not to be however.  Next time... 

I got 4th overall.  The guys that beat me are outstanding grip athletes and much bigger than me: Carl Myerscough, Odd Haugen, and John Machnik.  

I am happy, but not overjoyed with my recent progress.  I am capable of doing more... 

Here is the video.  Watch it if you get a chance.

Thanks for reading and watching. 

Riccardo 

• Like 2

Great results Relentless Riccardo💪 What you have achieved after losing 60lbs is remarkable 👍

6 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

Sorry for the delay in posting this... 

I weighed in at exactly 100kg (220.45#) for this contest held at The Training Hall in Newbury Park CA.  

It was a super hot day - over 100 degrees outside and not much cooler inside. 

Rolling Thunder 

This was quite disappointing for me.  I tried a new training strategy that didn't work as well as I would have liked.  85kg/187# was my lift.  I had lifted 90kg/198# at my last three contests. 

Apollon's Axle 

I made 172.5kg/380# (PR) on my second lift.  At this point in the contest, the air conditioning had turned off.  The machine couldn't keep up with the demand that was being placed on it.  It created a Brazilian rainforest feel that didn't seem to help me very much... 

3 " Saxon Bar 

I made an easy 96kg (PR) and also made 101kg.  I had dropped 96kg in LA 6 months ago, so this was quite a bit of progress.  I then turned down the 101kg lift because even though the judges passed it, it wasn't a good lift.  Uneven lockout. 

3" Raptor Handle 

Made by Country Crush, this implement is made of very spiny, slippery plastic.  You cannot fake a lift with this thing.  I made 59kg which sounds terrible, but it is a decent lift.  A PR. 

Silver Bullet 

I went for the #4, having recently exceeded 5 seconds in training.  It was not to be however.  Next time... 

I got 4th overall.  The guys that beat me are outstanding grip athletes and much bigger than me: Carl Myerscough, Odd Haugen, and John Machnik.  

I am happy, but not overjoyed with my recent progress.  I am capable of doing more... 

Here is the video.  Watch it if you get a chance.

Thanks for reading and watching. 

Riccardo 

I am always amazed Riccardo at what you are accomplishing at your reduced bodyweight! Fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox!

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am always amazed Riccardo at what you are accomplishing at your reduced bodyweight! Fit as a fiddle and strong as an ox!

Thanks Joe.  Still a work in progress.  I appreciate it!  Hopefully we will get the chance to compete again!! 

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great results Relentless Riccardo💪 What you have achieved after losing 60lbs is remarkable 👍

Thanks Michael!  Not done yet... 😉