Andrew P

Store closed as of 7 11 2018

Andrew P

I hate to have to do this but I’m temporarily closing down FBBC. Without getting into the politics of it the costs of raw materials have skyrocketed above and beyond what I expected to happen. I feel most of us are friends here so I’ll share an example. The tube I use to make the ends of the axles 2 years ago was 24$, yesterday the same material was 51$. And that’s not the most extreme example. So until I can figure out how to deal with this I need to close down.

I’m sorry for the issues this will cause some of you, but as a lot of you know I don’t do this for the money but it takes money to do this.

Thanks for understanding.

• Sad 2

Tom Flesher

Very sorry to hear this! I hope you’re able to get back up and running again soon.

John McCarter

Sorry to hear this

• Like 1

climber511

I went to buy some steel a week ago and ended up not getting it - it was just too costly.  Sorry to hear this Andrew.  I'm afraid the tariffs are only going to make it worse and worse. 

• Like 1

gripmaniac

Thanks for the heads up Andrew - I'm sure your loyal customers will understand.

With cost increases like that . . . .heck. . . .you'd need to re-register yourself as a short-lived charity and not a small business trying to stay above water!

Hopefully the return of prices to some degree of "normal" isn't more than a few months away. There will always be a demand for great quality training equipment.

Dave

• Like 1

Adam Juncker

Steel manufacturers are reacting to the tariffs by gouging consumers.... all for politics, not because it actually costs more. They aren't paying their people any more than they did 3 months ago.

• Like 1

Horrido

Will the Bastard Bar Certs still running including selling them in future?

I hope so. Otherwise this would be a very hard cut for the steel bending history.

• Like 1

Andrew P

Thanks everyone for your support.

The bending is the first thing I'm going to try and restructure. 

• Like 6

Anton.Torrella

I'm sorry to hear that too - good luck figuring out how to restructure and deal with the increase - I've very much appreciated your store and service Andrew

• Like 1

Tom Flesher
3 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I'm sorry to hear that too - good luck figuring out how to restructure and deal with the increase - I've very much appreciated your store and service Andrew

Agreed. FBBC has provided a valuable service for the bending and grip communities. 

• Like 1

Fist of Fury

It's very sad to read about this. I really hope you find a solution to this.

KapMan

Well that effin blows. So much for restarting my red efforts. Youre worth the wait though. Thank you for giving a damn enough to give us a heads up. Not many would do that.

• Like 1

terminal

Sorry to hear this and best of luck Andrew.

• Like 1